Best massgainer?

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
Im looking into buying a mass gainer to gain some weight, anything someone would recommend for an ectomorph?

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm pretty sure most of the answers you are going to get it is just make your own, that way you can adjust how much protein, fats, carbs etc..

end up a lot cheaper and you'd get more servings

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but its not exactly the same, for example say i make it with peanut butter, oats, protein, etc its going to be way thicker, i feel like i can just chug mass gainer correct me if im wrong

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make your own stuff, or if you can't, iForce makes a good mass gainer. (good fats, carbs, and protein and tastes good)

Greato

Greato

Awards
Yeah but its not exactly the same, for example say i make it with peanut butter, oats, protein, etc its going to be way thicker, i feel like i can just chug mass gainer correct me if im wrong
Serious mass, by Optimum Nutrition...all day.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
It depends on how you prep your homemade shake. When I was in college, I would grind up 1-1.5c of oatmeal and add in 1-2 scoops of whey, and it wasn't too much thicker than a mass gainer powder.

Have you used a mass gainer before? They're all usually very thick and difficult to mix without a blender. If you're on the go a lot it can be a pain to bring along so much powder. ON's serious mass is a 2 scoop serving, but the scoop is basically a small bucket. The serving size is 334g, which will require a lot of liquid to make it chuggable. I would experiment with trying to make your own, blend the dry ingredients and carry it in a shaker. Then add water when you need a meal.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Good answers here. If you decide to buy one, then just look at the nutrition facts and find one that best supplements your macros.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It depends on how you prep your homemade shake. When I was in college, I would grind up 1-1.5c of oatmeal and add in 1-2 scoops of whey, and it wasn't too much thicker than a mass gainer powder.

Have you used a mass gainer before? They're all usually very thick and difficult to mix without a blender. If you're on the go a lot it can be a pain to bring along so much powder. ON's serious mass is a 2 scoop serving, but the scoop is basically a small bucket. The serving size is 334g, which will require a lot of liquid to make it chuggable. I would experiment with trying to make your own, blend the dry ingredients and carry it in a shaker. Then add water when you need a meal.
This. I'd say first opt to getting in extra calories through whole food. If you need a convenient source to add calories then ON serious mass is one option or creating your own mass gainer shake with a whey protein powder and whole food.

Big_Spaz

Big_Spaz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Make your own stuff, or if you can't, iForce makes a good mass gainer. (good fats, carbs, and protein and tastes good)
Agreed. Mass Gainz by iForce Nutrition is easily the best pre-made gainer on the market. I'm lactose intolerant, use Gainers all the time (usually 9 out of 12 months per year) and this is my go-to gainer. It's awesome.

-Spaz

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If its thickness that concerns you, the gainer powders on teh market are usually VERY thick themselves... Honestly, the best way to add a ton of cals easily (and not thickness) would be to find a good/strong flavor, higher cal protein (something like syntha-6, might be the best flavors out there and usually over 200cals/sc) and add coconut oil to it.

Realistically, fats are going to be far and away the most cals/weight so for max cals, go with oils and butters. If you want carbs, stick to easy to digest sources

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just make my own and I love it. 1 scoop of whey (or whatever powder you use), ice cream, yogurt, ice, whole milk, raw oats, evoo, and 2 fruits.

SJFIT

Awards
ON makes great mass gainers or ALLMax Quickmass is another really great one

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would never buy a mass gainer, waste of money and crap carbs. 1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup of chocolate fair life milk, 1 cup almond milk, half a banana, 2 tbsp of PB, 3tbsp of egg whites, scoop of chocolate protein and I like to add a packet of hot chocolate for taste. It's delicious, blend the oats first then add the rest

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Either make your own including 1-2 scoops of protein powder, milk or water, banana, oats, berries, natty pb, etc.

If you're set on a pre-made gainer I always recommend iForce Mass Gainz based on the profile alone.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If its too thick add more liquid(water or milk). Simple as that.

Or skip the oats snd use a carb powder + the other ingrediants. IE: banana, peanut butter, coconut oil, protein powder, raw eggs.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ronnie Coleman Sig. Series King Mass in the Peanut Butter Pie flavor...mixed with Fairlife Choc. Milk....f'in orgasm

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes kinda but its way crappier quality.

Oats + PB + Whole Milk + Protein Blend + Olive Oil etc etc> Worlds greatest commercial mass gainer.

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
Yeah making my own sounds pretty good, 1.5 cups of milk, 4tbsp on peanut butter and a scoop of protein is around 1,100 calories. 3 of those a day plus meals in between sounds good for me! Thanks guys

jesus_sanchez

Awards
I remember the days when Heavyweight Gainer 900 was supposed to be "dusted" with Dbol. Man, I really grew on that, but the sugar they used would ruin my guy health. These days, I like Up Your Mass. but I use half dose and add Carnivor Beef protein. Took me from 190 to 222 during my bulk this winter. No digestive problems either.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah making my own sounds pretty good, 1.5 cups of milk, 4tbsp on peanut butter and a scoop of protein is around 1,100 calories. 3 of those a day plus meals in between sounds good for me! Thanks guys
A little less than that.

1.5c whole milk = 225
4 tbsp PB = 360
1 scoop Protein = 200 cals

So right around 750-800 depending on your protein.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A little less than that.

1.5c whole milk = 225
4 tbsp PB = 360
1 scoop Protein = 200 cals

So right around 750-800 depending on your protein.
now we know why he cant gain weight haha

Greato

Greato

Awards
Im looking into buying a mass gainer to gain some weight, anything someone would recommend for an ectomorph?
I'm not sure if you've made your decision yet, but I would advice that you read advice article, written by a reputable source; Jim Stoppani. He explains your options for making your own mass gainer. You will find the link by Google searching, Jim Stoppani Mass Gainer. It is a bodybuilding.com article.

I like to use ON Serious Mass, right after a good workout. The Maltodextrin, included as an ingredient is good for an insulin spike after your workout, which is an anabolic hormone that will also increase nutrient delivery to the muscles. I use a half of a serving and it gives me an extra 625 calories to add into my daily caloric intake. I do not use it otherwise, unless I'm in a hurry for some protein and calories in the morning. So, I will get 32 servings, from my 16 serving bag, which costs around $50.

Hope this helps.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm not sure if you've made your decision yet, but I would advice that you read advice article, written by a reputable source; Jim Stoppani. He explains your options for making your own mass gainer. You will find the link by Google searching, Jim Stoppani Mass Gainer. It is a bodybuilding.com article.

I like to use ON Serious Mass, right after a good workout. The Maltodextrin, included as an ingredient is good for an insulin spike after your workout, which is an anabolic hormone that will also increase nutrient delivery to the muscles. I use a half of a serving and it gives me an extra 625 calories to add into my daily caloric intake. I do not use it otherwise, unless I'm in a hurry for some protein and calories in the morning. So, I will get 32 servings, from my 16 serving bag, which costs around $50.

Hope this helps.
hahahaha 16 servings for $50.... thats the worst rip off I've ever heard. Maltodextrin is like .01 cent/ kg

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established

Hope this helps.
8tbsp of peanut butter a scoop of protein and 1.5 cups of milk makes it around 1,000 cals. Ive decided to use this

Greato

Greato

Awards
hahahaha 16 servings for $50.... thats the worst rip off I've ever heard. Maltodextrin is like .01 cent/ kg
I'm saying that ON Serious Mass will provide me with 32 servings at 625 calories a pop. Maltodextrin is an ingredient that is included and is beneficial post workout.

Greato

Greato

Awards
It is ridiculously priced, if you don't split servings. But, when you add up the price of peanut butter, whey, and milk, used to that extent, regularly, doesn't it end up to be about the same price per serving?

Greato

Greato

Awards
8tbsp of peanut butter a scoop of protein and 1.5 cups of milk makes it around 1,000 cals. Ive decided to use this
I'm going to use this now, as well. Thank you. Do you think that it would be a bad idea to drink this 3 times a day?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It is ridiculously priced, if you don't split servings. But, when you add up the price of peanut butter, whey, and milk, used to that extent, regularly, doesn't it end up to be about the same price per serving?
No, not even close... PB + Whey + Cheap Carb of choice is still gonna be way less than $1.50+/srv

Plus, you're still adding milk to yours so you can take that out

Greato

Greato

Awards
No, not even close... PB + Whey + Cheap Carb of choice is still gonna be way less than $1.50+/srv

Plus, you're still adding milk to yours so you can take that out
I'm all about it. Plus, you get 10g of unnecessary sugar in the serious gainer...no good. Thanks again, boone.

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to use this now, as well. Thank you. Do you think that it would be a bad idea to drink this 3 times a day?
Why would it be a bad idea? It has high fat but at least its from natural peanut butter so i wouldnt worry

Greato

Greato

Awards
Why would it be a bad idea? It has high fat but at least its from natural peanut butter so i wouldnt worry
Yes, because of the fat. I believe that you'd end up with about 144g of fat consumption. That's if you use fat free milk.