Amino IV Clumping

WawaCoffee

WawaCoffee

Awards
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking this forum for quite some time now and decided to register to ask you all a question. I recently purchased some PEScience Amino IV (Mango Splash).. after opening it today (it was sealed), I noticed that there is a lot of clumping going on. In addition to a lot of little clumps (it looks like sand sitting atop the actual powder), there are a a few larger clumps which I've been attempting to break down with the scoop.

I know that this is from moisture getting inside the tub, but is it safe to consume a supplement which has been affected by moisture? I don't mind breaking up the clumps, I just don't want to get sick.

:whiner:

Thank you all in advance!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking this forum for quite some time now and decided to register to ask you all a question. I recently purchased some PEScience Amino IV (Mango Splash).. after opening it today (it was sealed), I noticed that there is a lot of clumping going on. In addition to a lot of little clumps (it looks like sand sitting atop the actual powder), there are a a few larger clumps which I've been attempting to break down with the scoop.

I know that this is from moisture getting inside the tub, but is it safe to consume a supplement which has been affected by moisture? I don't mind breaking up the clumps, I just don't want to get sick.

That happens a lot with various products. It is perfectly safe to use and should be effective. I haven't used the newer Amino IV but the older versions would turn to gum after a long time in the cupboard. I figured the newer formula wouldn't do this because of some of the ingredients that were taken out of the formula.

If it is just separating and clumping then shaking the container, cursing it with the scoop, shaking again, etc. Should get it back in order and you should be good to go.

If it is gummy, it is still safe but may not dissolve completely in water....

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've had that happen with some of my products that I've had shipped to me. I think it depends upon the shipping environment. I took my whole container and poured it all in a blender and blended it up and then it was fine and it chopped up all the clumps in the container.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Taking a fork to it should fix it for you, no issue with using it IMO

WawaCoffee

WawaCoffee

Awards
Thank you all for the replies. I took two scoops this morning and it seemed perfectly fine (and delicious, too) after being mixed in 20oz water.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you can't break it up with a fork, put it in a blender. As long as it hasn't turned gummy, that'll work (and if it does get gummy, it'll still dissolve in water, it's just a pain to scoop out). From now on, store it in your fridge or freezer.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear Lemon Verbena has anticlumping attributes, perhaps that might make for a great AminoIV addition/reformulation...?

Lol j/k ;)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi everyone,

Taking a fork to it should fix it for you, no issue with using it IMO
This. Shouldn't be a problem at all as far as the product goes.
I hear Lemon Verbena has anticlumping attributes, perhaps that might make for a great AminoIV addition/reformulation...?

Lol j/k ;)
You stop that sir!