Mood and Energy Enhancing Supplement

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

I was wondering what your recommendations would be for a single mood and energy enhancing supplement. This could be a pre-workout, fat burner, work performance enhancer, etc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Oxymax XT by far, we call it a mood enhancing fat burner because it is so potent at increasing mood and euphoria. This is accomplished from a combination of ingredients including Eria Janresis Extract, B-Phenylethylamine, Amentoflavone and Hordenine. There is a very noticeable improvement in mood and well-being as well as long lasting clean energy!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oxymax XT by far, we call it a mood enhancing fat burner because it is so potent at increasing mood and euphoria. This is accomplished from a combination of ingredients including Eria Janresis Extract, B-Phenylethylamine, Amentoflavone and Hordenine. There is a very noticeable improvement in mood and well-being as well as long lasting clean energy!
Agreed, the best feature of OxyMax XT is the mood boosting aspect...this is where it shines. Fat burner/thermogenic....not so much..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Were you looking to boost performance or just boost your overall sense of well being at any point through the day?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Agreed, the best feature of OxyMax XT is the mood boosting aspect...this is where it shines. Fat burner/thermogeneic....not so much..
With Higenamine(Beta(2)adrenergic agonism), Alpha-Yohimbine(Alpha(2)Adrenergic antagonist), Amentoflavone(PDE Inhibitor), Forskolin (Increase cAMP) all working down the same pathway to increase fat loss, it works quite well. But of course diet and exercise are highly important!

Here is a good explanation of this pathway
Amentoflavone is a mixed Phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitor [2-7]. Many of you are familiar with forskolin, which derives its utility in fat loss from its ability to increase cAMP levels in appropriate tissues, specifically adipose (fat) tissue. And many of you are familiar with, say, ephedrine, which acts as a b2 agonist to ultimately increase levels of intracellular cAMP. The final common pathway with both forskolin and ephedrine is the increase in cAMP in fat cells, which results in the subsequent activity of various kinases and transcription factors in inducing cascades that promote lipolysis, or the breakdown of stored fat. As mentioned above, amentoflavone inhibits PDE, and PDE is responsible for the breakdown of cAMP. So by blocking PDE with amentoflavone, we increase cAMP and thus increase fat loss as well. Here’s a simplified model:

A “(-)” denotes the inhibition of an enzyme/pathway, while a “(+)” denotes stimulation of an enzyme or pathway. As you can see, amentoflavone acts downstream of both ephedrine and forskolin to block the PDE enzyme. In simple terms, you get a “double negative” at cAMP levels, resulting in a positive (net) increase. This results in stimulation of the next step: “fat loss.”

Interestingly enough, each compound listed above (ephedrine, yohimbine, forskolin, amentoflavone) acts on a different step of the fat loss pathway, and in theory, these could all be combined for a synergistic effect.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
OxyMaxXT really is great for this purpose. I'm not sure I have found anything that compares as a general feel good supplement that comes with a nice boost in energy.

S.Dedication

Awards
  • Established
Cobra6 extreme powder, or Bloodshr3d should be good. Massive Joe said bloodShr3d is the best mood enhancer he has ever taken, by far. Goes into that it is more of a mood enhancer and less of a fat burner.

I start work at 6 am and these have definitely enhanced my mood, provided great energy and makes me more productive. I just add 4000mg of CLA and some Yohimbine to get more fat burning effects.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Cobra6 extreme powder, or Bloodshr3d should be good. Massive Joe said bloodShr3d is the best mood enhancer he has ever taken, by far. Goes into that it is more of a mood enhancer and less of a fat burner.

I start work at 6 am and these have definitely enhanced my mood, provided great energy and makes me more productive. I just add 4000mg of CLA and some Yohimbine to get more fat burning effects.
Those look interesting. Do you personally have a preferred supplement between the two you listed? OxyMaxXT was pretty hit or miss for me. Some days 2 pills energized/enhanced mood and on others not so much.

Thanks to you and all for the advice and information. It seems like products of this nature release pretty frequently so it's great to hear everyone's opinion here!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Other than OxyMax XT, I enjoy Sustain Alpha for this reason.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I just tried BloodShr3d for the first time this week. It is also good. OxyMax for me is just a bit better.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
I can vouch for Bloodshr3d. Only reason I bought it was for the mood enhancement I got from trying a sample.

Would love to try Oxymax too though.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sustain alpha gives me a clear head and added energy. I love it during pct. blood shred is on point at 2 scoops (3 gives me a headache) which is fine because you get 45 servings at a great price. Other than these ec always is a welcomed pick me up and put me in a good mood. Oxymax xt is on my list to try but haven't got around to it.

S.Dedication

Awards
  • Established
Nah it's hard to say, I feel my sensitivity to the mood enhancing stuff might be less after running two tubs of Cobra6 extreme. I have only been on bloodShr3d for a week and it definitely makes me happier. It would not be fare to judge BloodShr3d after running the other two for so long and going right into it. I can say my second tub of Cobra6, definitely did not have the same effect on me. I had to up to a dose and half, due to my tolerance. BloodShr3d I feel I may need two serving, to get the same energy feeling.

I would say both are solid, but BloodShr3d probably has better mood enhancing effects. Like I said before Massive Joe has reviewed both and still says BloodShr3d is the best mood enhancer.

I will probably try something different next time, with a better fat burning profile.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm also going to throw Elix1r into the ring. You're going to get the energy from caffeine and j. regia, plus cognitive benefits from bacopa, alpha-GPC, and ALCAR, and reduction of cortisol, stress, and anxiety from the Sensoril ashwagandha. Should fit your criteria well.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm also going to throw Elix1r into the ring. You're going to get the energy from caffeine and j. regia, plus cognitive benefits from bacopa, alpha-GPC, and ALCAR, and reduction of cortisol, stress, and anxiety from the Sensoril ashwagandha. Should fit your criteria well.
I was just going to suggest this too....I have not tried it yet but I am going to order it tonight based on all the rave reviews! I did not realize OP has already tried OxyMax XT. Of course the other obvious option would be IGNIT3 but he best be ready for the thermogenic properties if he goes that route!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those look interesting. Do you personally have a preferred supplement between the two you listed? OxyMaxXT was pretty hit or miss for me. Some days 2 pills energized/enhanced mood and on others not so much.

Thanks to you and all for the advice and information. It seems like products of this nature release pretty frequently so it's great to hear everyone's opinion here!
Bloodshred and elix1r would be right up your alley then. Bloodshred is a fat burner, and elix1r is an all in one cognitive enhancer with mood enhancing benefits.

S.Dedication

Awards
  • Established
For fat burning, what do people think about Core Nutritional Burn Ultra? The review I saw with these two pinned together says it is a better fat burner vs bloodshr3d, but won't nearly yield the mood enhancing effects.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For fat burning, what do people think about Core Nutritional Burn Ultra? The review I saw with these two pinned together says it is a better fat burner vs bloodshr3d, but won't nearly yield the mood enhancing effects.
A lot of the ingredients in burn ultra aren't geared towards fat burning. Really depends what you're looking for but for fat burning, bloodshred is better.

Wildcat528

Wildcat528

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the advice/suggestions, it was extremely helpful! I might go with bloodshr3d first but it appears I have multiple products to test out in the upcoming future.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Late to this party, but I've tried most everything listed!

Best for smooth, euphoria is 2 caps Oxymax

Best for some euphoria and very good energy is 1-1.5 scoops Bloodshred Raw or 3 caps Ignite

2 scoops Bloodshred War is good, but I'd place it behind 2 caps Oxymax. Raw and Ignite both pack serious punches, and if you overdose, the jittery stim effect will take away from the mood enhancement

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ashwaghanda (Mental Stress)
Rodiola (Physical Stress)
Some form of Choline
Huperzine-A
Schisandra
Mucuna
5-HTP

All dirt cheap. Research things that deal with Dopamine (Chocolate!) or Serotonin

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're not looking to increase fat loss and just looking to be more productive at work while also having a better mood, Oxymax XT is hard to beat. For those purposes, you would only need a single capsule daily, so it would not run your wallet dry. A single cap will help you for the majority of your work day. I remember when I first started student teaching, the reps were sent a few capsules to sample. I remember my students asking me why I was more energetic than normal. I knew I was too because I was talking so quickly. Eria Jarnesis is great for mood enhancement and energy. Is has become one of my favorite stims. Couple that with the caffeine in Oxymax XT and you will definitely experience that euphoric feeling that lasts for hours.

I would also suggest stacking Ashwagndha with it too. My first run with Ashwagandha (solo) I did not experience much. The on the second or third week, my mind felt more clear than I could ever remember. I would add that to whatever you decide to use.

If you wanted to go with solely nootropics, Haleo Mindset is a GREAT product and has a very good profile. Additionally, Performax Labs will release a nootropic supplement later this year and we had very good feedback from the samples we sent to members on here!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey all,

I was wondering what your recommendations would be for a single mood and energy enhancing supplement. This could be a pre-workout, fat burner, work performance enhancer, etc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Prolific is my goto for this in the form of preworkout. The mind body connection through my workout as well as piece of mind while pumping iron is incredible.

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
Superstim by DS and Hydrazine by Hydrapharm are by far the best I've tried since the days of craze and jack3d OG.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Focus XT
Ephedrine
Bloodshed WAR

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Something like CEL M-Test is a great stim free option. Ashwaghanda has been mentioned many times here and for good reason.

For something stimmed, focus xt (or no stim caff free version is nice too) is great and can be paired with Noopept xt for a pretty serious mood and mental acuity boost

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Something like CEL M-Test is a great stim free option. Ashwaghanda has been mentioned many times here and for good reason.

For something stimmed, focus xt (or no stim caff free version is nice too) is great and can be paired with Noopept xt for a pretty serious mood and mental acuity boost
Ash makes me mellow; not really energy boosting for me, so for mood great, not so much so for energy

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ash makes me mellow; not really energy boosting for me, so for mood great, not so much so for energy
Which extract? KSM or Sensoril?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find that ashwagandha is calming for me as well, but this is easily remedied by taking it with some nootropics and/or stimulants. Most of the time I just take my KSM-66 in the evening/night and enjoy the calming effects.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I think there are some pretty decent options out there. Elix1r and Bloodshr3d (war edition) are very decent products for this purpose, and I did notice some mood boosting from using them (more notably Bloodshr3d).

Be mindful though that Yohimbine alkaloids may actually have the opposite effect (why you might prefer the WAR version). It may not though, but you'll know pretty quick if it does or not, lol.

I definitely think either of those would suit the purpose of energy plus mood.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS FOCUS XT and CEL m test

Fitfactory

Fitfactory

Awards
For me, Bloodshr3d(war edition) has been the best mood enhancer/appetite suppressant since the original Craze. Yohimbine in the Raw edition gives me a weird feeling so I much prefer the war edition. War edition is cheaper too

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The OP stated he is also looking for something to help his mood. I think Boone meant Ash helps improve people's moods. At least that was my interpretation.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The OP stated he is also looking for something to help his mood. I think Boone meant Ash helps improve people's moods. At least that was my interpretation.
OP is looking for something that boosts energy and mood. Reference was made to the ash in mtest and just making the point ash scores high on one dimension not so much the other in my personal experience which includes nearly 3wks being on mtest

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
Any recs on what to use while I'm cycling OFF of Oxymax XT? I love the stuff, but I've definitely gotten a tolerance going for it now.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you haven't tried Kratom, I would try a good White and Green vein mix, that would be perfect for your wants. As long as you respond to those strains like most.

I definitely recommend you try it.

jesus_sanchez

Awards
I myself was not impressed by Oxymax, but then again Im from back when ehedrine was freely available and that was my mood enhancer! These days, I like Mushroom Coffees with the herbs and the bells and wistles. Mentally stimulates me. I am suffering/controlling Pre Alzheimer's symtoms so I have been trying a lot of herbals with great results, but Mushroom (chaga, etc) has been a blessing.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prolific is my goto for this in the form of preworkout. The mind body connection through my workout as well as piece of mind while pumping iron is incredible.
Just to add in to this. I'm going on a few weeks of use with prolific and the mental aspect isn't diminishing what so ever. If anything these last few days it seems it's enhanced even more. Strongly suggest throwing it into your preworkout regiment. :)
The flavors are amazing as well. I'm hooked on cotton candy so bad right now. :D

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think there are some pretty decent options out there. Elix1r and Bloodshr3d (war edition) are very decent products for this purpose, and I did notice some mood boosting from using them (more notably Bloodshr3d).

Be mindful though that Yohimbine alkaloids may actually have the opposite effect (why you might prefer the WAR version). It may not though, but you'll know pretty quick if it does or not, lol.

I definitely think either of those would suit the purpose of energy plus mood.
I keep reading how good this Bloodshr3d is on energy and focus and I get people asking me
about it so I gotta get me a sample of it to see how it feels for PW energy and focus and I can
handle Y so the Raw version will be my first choice.

plang1234

plang1234

Awards
i have never ordered from any of the advertised websites, but 3g of kratom and half of an old Gaspari Detonate is pretty close to feeling like you are doing something illegal. The mood lasts for hours. I just have to reup on the kratom about 4-5 hours in. I could knock out hours of busy work, or carry on a meaningless conversation with a stranger for a long time.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus XT is my favorite all-in-one noot/mood enhancer. Tastes great and is cheap too.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Focus XT is my favorite all-in-one noot/mood enhancer. Tastes great and is cheap too.
Good recommendation right here. FOCUS XT can be taken daily and there is a caffeine and non caffeine version
My personal favorite is the blue raspberry flavor.

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'm with The Old Guy on this one. Do a little research and get the product or products you want at a much lower price without the so called proprietary blends. All the supplement companies have to put the ingredients on the label. Usually they only use 1 to 3 ingredients in a product that have any real effect.

For example Ashwaganda has been mentioned. Its a cheap herb that relaxes people by reducing cortisol production.

For energy you could use b12, Ginkgo, L arginine, caffeine, ALA, and a few other products.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm with The Old Guy on this one. Do a little research and get the product or products you want at a much lower price without the so called proprietary blends. All the supplement companies have to put the ingredients on the label. Usually they only use 1 to 3 ingredients in a product that have any real effect.

For example Ashwaganda has been mentioned. Its a cheap herb that relaxes people by reducing cortisol production.

For energy you could use b12, Ginkgo, L arginine, caffeine, ALA, and a few other products.
Ashwagandha and caffeine are great, but there are much better options for energy than arginine.

MedRat

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I was giving some examples. What do you prefer for non anxiety inducing energy?

jesus_sanchez

Awards
Im with the old guy, too. Go natural because nature is a beast and she takes no prisoners. Use her blend!

KingErgogenic

KingErgogenic

Awards
Do you think Amentoflavone, would therefore speed up Thyroid Hormone production (Similar to Forskolin)?