Na-R-ALA dosing

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
Recently started taking na r ala and slin sane. Was dosing both pre breakfast and pre pre workout meal but decided to drop the slin sane to just pre bed. Was wondering best times to take na r ala? I eat over 50g carbs with every meal and my pre workout is the 4th meal of the day (100g carbs). I've read so many mixed things when it comes to this and seems like half day bad pre workout half say good. Very confused here.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Using Na-R-Ala before your preworkout meal would probably be the best time for it. You may be confusing timing with post workout, because using a GDA or Na-R-Ala post workout is not necessary. I would split it up and take it before your breakfast and preworkout meals. Any reason you're dosing Slinsane before bed?

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
I originally bought it to be used with na r ala but after doing some research and some asking around I found out that it can have a carb blocking effect so best to not use it when you actually are wanting to make use of carbs. Also read that pre bed dose creates better gh environment so I figure since I still have half a bottle might as well use it then. I was trying to figure out why I was getting so bloated post workout after my meal and it looks like I went backwards last week after using that combo pre workout. Also felt kinda weird going into my workout

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I might be wrong, but I don't think the slight potential carb blocking effects would outweigh the benefits of dosing it before your preworkout meal. Na-R-Ala is helpful for nutrient partitioning, and can improve glycogen storage (more energy in the tank for training). I'm surprised you felt more bloated than usual, typically people notice the opposite effect when using Na-R-Ala.

The only downside to it as a preworkout is that it can lower your insulin levels, which can cause some people to feel tired and lethargic. How much are you dosing with each meal?

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
I take 2-100mg caps of the na r ala and I was taking 1 cap slinsane. I would feel kinda weird and a little bloated going into my workout but it subsided after I warmed up. After I ate my post workout meal I would get very bloated though and someone suggested it was bc I was so depleted from the slin sane

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
Tried 200 mg na r ala with pre workout meal today and felt pretty good. No bloat before and had good energy/strength throughout. Still got bloated after the workout though. Thinking maybe the bowl of lucky charms maybe the cause of that. Used captain crunch and Golden Grahams previously but just tried lucky charms and thinking something in that stuff is bloating me up lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, just take it twice daily meals other than post workout. I'd honestly add 500mg agmatine to each dose based on my own glucometer reading research.

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
Honestly, just take it twice daily meals other than post workout. I'd honestly add 500mg agmatine to each dose based on my own glucometer reading research.
Yea I was thinking about just doing that. Breakfast and pre workout possibly good choices? And I take high volume pre workout which has agmatine in it so would that be ok even though it's about an hour after meal with na r ala? What is the agmatine supposed to do for the na r ala?

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Yea I was thinking about just doing that. Breakfast and pre workout possibly good choices? And I take high volume pre workout which has agmatine in it so would that be ok even though it's about an hour after meal with na r ala? What is the agmatine supposed to do for the na r ala?
Agmatine compliments Na-R-ALA in that it has it's own nutrient partitioning effects.
PerformMax Labs' SlinMax has both of these ingredients, plus a lot of other NP/GDA goodies.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would take it with your two highest carb meals (minus your post workout meal). No need to use Na-r-ala there. If your biggest carb meals are breakfast and pre workout, you can take Na-r-ala then. Don't forget, it has a long half life as well, so if you only have one meal high in carbs, that would suffice as well. If I remember, the half life is about 18 hours or so.

Agmatine is nice because it improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles.and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue. Agmatine stimulates the release of beta-endorphin (β-endorphin) that helps move glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle tissue. This helps not only reduce blood sugar and improve nutrient absorption, but also improves the shape and fullness of your muscles.

Agmatine compliments Na-R-ALA in that it has it's own nutrient partitioning effects.
PerformMax Labs' SlinMax has both of these ingredients, plus a lot of other NP/GDA goodies.
Thank you for the mention. This is exactly why I suggest SlinMax for anyone that wants to make their own GDA. I love Na-r-ala alone, but once one wants to add other ingredients for a homemade GDA, it is hard to beat the value of SlinMax with its dose of Na-r-ala, Agmatine, and Berberine.