Slin sane/ Na-R-ALA

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
Started taking this combo a couple weeks ago as a way to combat carb bloat during my bulk. It works pretty good for that but I do have some concerns. Usually I dose 1 cap ss and 200 mg ALA before breakfast consisting of 60-70g carbs then same dose before pre workout meal consisting of 100g carbs. I workout 90 min later and use high volume with amino energy for my pre workout. I've been noticing the last few days that I've been bloated and feel weird going into my workout but the bloat goes away once I warm up, after my post workout meal (110g carbs, 70g pro) I get rlly bloated and my muscles don't rlly get that carb pump anymore. I almost feel like I've gained some fat and lost some muscle this week even though I'm probably just being paranoid. Any thoughts on the GDAs causing these problems?

TonyNova

TonyNova

Awards
While many people love Slin Sane, everyone is different.

The ingredient profile states 500mg for Gymnema / Lagerstroemia. Gymnema being listed first means there is at least 250mg in that blend. Gymnema being the less expensive raw material of the two, I would guess the dose is actually higher than 250mg.

Gymnema is a great ingredient for lowering blood sugar and improving insulin sensitivity. One of the reasons for this is because it can block the absorption of glucose in the intestines, preventing glucose from entering the blood stream.

Again, this is great if you are trying to prevent the negative effects of carbohydrates, but also can be detrimental if you are trying obtain positive effects of carbohydrates like increased muscle glycogen.

Also, if you are bloated your leptin may be low as you may actually be more carb depleted than you think. In part because of blocked glucose absorption from a high Gymnema dose.

I would try dropping the GDA's and bumping up your carbs.

Or, give InnovaPharm Pump Dirt a try. It contains just 150mg of Gymnema as well as a massive dose of Corosolic Acid which will help shuttle your carbohydrates directly to muscle. You will get fuller and leaner.

I think there is a coupon code on enraged_chris signature.

Good luck

nduronio

nduronio

Awards
Awesome reply dude thanks for the info. I've been researching this all day and just recently read about the gymnema blocking glucose. My workout are pretty intense so it would make sense that I'm more depleted then I think especially if taking a carb blocker I didn't know about. I just didn't think to relate the bloat to the depletion. Would you recommend dropping the Na-R-Ala too?