Natural Anabolics

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    I'm going to propose something that probably will sound crazy: Candito Linear Progression or Greyskull LP.
    Those are two very, very good programs that I bet will get you progressing faster than what you're doing now. When you look at them written out, they probably will not look like much volume, but I guarantee once you figure out how to actually lift hard, they will be sufficiently challenging. (In fact, I bet most of the strong guys here would have a lot of trouble running those programs because it would wear them out...honestly the two lower days on Candito would absolutely crush me, for example). But more important than challenging, they will get you stronger...and that's really what's important, right? Progression is more important than "feeling" like something is hard, otherwise we'd all just do crossfit.
    Great post. I'd recommend the Texas Method "template", or Candito's Linear Program for you. Honestly, even the intermediate program would be fine for you, and it would just prevent having to do resets and all.

2. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    I'm going to propose something that probably will sound crazy: Candito Linear Progression or Greyskull LP.
    Those are two very, very good programs that I bet will get you progressing faster than what you're doing now. When you look at them written out, they probably will not look like much volume, but I guarantee once you figure out how to actually lift hard, they will be sufficiently challenging. (In fact, I bet most of the strong guys here would have a lot of trouble running those programs because it would wear them out...honestly the two lower days on Candito would absolutely crush me, for example). But more important than challenging, they will get you stronger...and that's really what's important, right? Progression is more important than "feeling" like something is hard, otherwise we'd all just do crossfit.
    As much as I like being stronger, will these programs also cause muscle growth? I know strength training makes muscles grow, but to my understanding hypertrophy based workouts do more for muscle growth.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    As much as I like being stronger, will these programs also cause muscle growth? I know strength training makes muscles grow, but to my understanding hypertrophy based workouts do more for muscle growth.
    I honestly think that beginners and intermediates spend way too much time trying to differentiate strength vs hypertrophy training. Assuming you're eating enough, if you get stronger, you get bigger, end of story. Yeah, of course there are skill and neuromuscular gains to be made with strength training, but at a certain point, you need to gain muscle. There's some differences in training with very high level bodybuilders and very high level powerlifters, but you're not at that point, and those high level bodybuilders are way stronger than you. Right now, the biggest difference you can make to do more for muscle growth is to eat more. If you eat more and run one of those programs, you will get bigger, I promise.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Use BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    At age of 16, musclegrow will be there even you just look at weights. Dont overthink

5. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    I honestly think that beginners and intermediates spend way too much time trying to differentiate strength vs hypertrophy training. Assuming you're eating enough, if you get stronger, you get bigger, end of story. Yeah, of course there are skill and neuromuscular gains to be made with strength training, but at a certain point, you need to gain muscle. There's some differences in training with very high level bodybuilders and very high level powerlifters, but you're not at that point, and those high level bodybuilders are way stronger than you. Right now, the biggest difference you can make to do more for muscle growth is to eat more. If you eat more and run one of those programs, you will get bigger, I promise.
    So you'd say give this program a shot? And for about how long? But Candito's method of progression basically does what I do, increase 5 or 10 pounds depending on the exercise every week.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    So you'd say give this program a shot? And for about how long? But Candito's method of progression basically does what I do, increase 5 or 10 pounds depending on the exercise every week.
    If it's already similar to what you're doing, what do you have to lose?
    But yes, if nothing else, I think it'll get you past the squat plateau you're talking about. I don't think you should be plateauing where you are and I think it's a programming issue. The assistance work in that program will help with that.
    That and paying a bit more attention to your diet will do more than a natural anabolic would.
    OLYMPUS LABS

7. Quote Originally Posted by Danes View Post
    At age of 16, musclegrow will be there even you just look at weights. Dont overthink
    Haha it's so true. I loved it. Thought I would grow like that forever. Lifted, ate whatever I wanted, and just grew.

OP, whatever "natural anabolic" supplements you may decide to take, you're going to learn 2 very important lessons:
    1) There is no shortcut
    2) You can spend A LOT of money on junk

8. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    This. Even Arnold started with an emphasis on strength, and still recommends this to beginners. You want to build a solid foundation before you try to refine it. A bodybuilder may not be as strong as a powerlifter, but you'll never see a massive bodybuilder who is "weak." You still need to develop sufficient strength, which besides leading to its own muscle growth, will help future hypertrophy based workouts, as you can use more weight for more reps when you're stronger.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    If it's already similar to what you're doing, what do you have to lose?
    But yes, if nothing else, I think it'll get you past the squat plateau you're talking about. I don't think you should be plateauing where you are and I think it's a programming issue. The assistance work in that program will help with that.
    That and paying a bit more attention to your diet will do more than a natural anabolic would.
    Does this website look like it has the correct routine? http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/can...inear-program/

10. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Does this website look like it has the correct routine?
    Yeah that's it. You can download a PDF outlining it on Jonnie's website also (canditotraininghq.com).
    OLYMPUS LABS

11. OP, once again the AM community has given you solid advise. I appreciate your passion and persistence but make sure you are truly being coachable and not simply asking the same questions in different forms until you get an answer that validates your presuppositions. This is not a slight, we all have been guilty of this from time to time. Just be willing to heed the wisdom of us "gray hairs" (or no hairs!) here at AM.

-Cheers

12. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    Yeah that's it. You can download a PDF outlining it on Jonnie's website also (canditotraininghq.com).
    What "optional exercises" do you think I should do?

13. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    What "optional exercises" do you think I should do?
    Base it on your weaknesses. Take a bench for example...when you miss a bench, what happens? Does it never leave your chest? Do you stall out a few inches above your chest? Do you miss the lockout? Does your bar path get thrown off? Then base it off that...if you miss the lift low, shoulders, chest, lats, and traps will help most. If you miss it high, it's mostly triceps at that point. If the bar path is bad, it's probably upper back (especially if the bar path on the descent gets thrown off) but could also be shoulders. Alternately, base it off lagging areas that you notice in your physique and want to bring up (just be careful not to base this exclusively on the mirror, that's how people's backs get neglected).
    OLYMPUS LABS

14. At the age of 16 I would take a multi vitamin and fish oil. I would not take creatine. The other thing to look into is a good protein powder so you can hit your protein numbers daily,. Especially since your younger and school schedule might make it difficult to eat every two hours, shakes come in handy. At your age you have natural hormones at the highest and you don't need anything other than lots of good food, hard training, plenty of water and rest. As much as these things might not appeal, without them nothing else will work and at your age you don't need anything else.

15. Quote Originally Posted by EMPIREMIND View Post
    At the age of 16 I would take a multi vitamin and fish oil. I would not take creatine. The other thing to look into is a good protein powder so you can hit your protein numbers daily,. Especially since your younger and school schedule might make it difficult to eat every two hours, shakes come in handy. At your age you have natural hormones at the highest and you don't need anything other than lots of good food, hard training, plenty of water and rest. As much as these things might not appeal, without them nothing else will work and at your age you don't need anything else.
    Why not creatine?

16. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Why not creatine?
    Your too young. At least 18. Your body is still developing, and you simply do not need it. your natural test levels are already or are on the verge of being the highest naturally they will ever be, just train hard and eat. Don't take anything

17. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Why not creatine?
    I can see his point. Supplements are meant to be plateau busters. You are not at a plateau (or maybe you are, but we all know why)

18. Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    I can see his point. Supplements are meant to be plateau busters. You are not at a plateau (or maybe you are, but we all know why)
    I'm using creatine right now, should I stop?

19. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    To be fair, creatine is dirt cheap so I don't see anything wrong with it. You can get a year supply for under 20 bucks I believe.

20. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Its fine and actually one of the best natural things you can take.

To make it very easy for you:
    If you feel your progress is very slow then I can bet you lack one of 3 main factors (or a combination).
    -good diet
    -good workout routine
    -rest/sleep/recovery

21. You don't need to eat every two hours but I'd definitely not buy into natural "anabolics" at your age.

Vitamins/minerals
    Creatine

Lifting program with linear progression (if your "new" to lifting)

Adequate sleep

You'll be golden. Make sure you hit your macros daily and enjoy cheat meals every now and again!

Best of luck
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

22. Folidrone 2.0 is the only real natural anabolic - don't waste your time and money on anything else.

23. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    You don't need to eat every two hours but I'd definitely not buy into natural "anabolics" at your age.

Vitamins/minerals
    Creatine

Lifting program with linear progression (if your "new" to lifting)

Adequate sleep

You'll be golden. Make sure you hit your macros daily and enjoy cheat meals every now and again!

Best of luck
    Not buy it due to safety, or money wise? I have money to "throw around", as I have nothing else to spend it on, but I save most of my cash, as I know most supps. are a scam.

24. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Not buy it due to safety, or money wise? I have money to "throw around", as I have nothing else to spend it on, but I save most of my cash, as I know most supps. are a scam.
    Neither. At 16-17yr old you will see a minute benefit from them.

If you're dead set on something, i would look at Fearns Soy Lecithin granules. Not only for the PA content but the added calories from the fat.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

25. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Neither. At 16-17yr old you will see a minute benefit from them.

If you're dead set on something, i would look at Fearns Soy Lecithin granules. Not only for the PA content but the added calories from the fat.
    It's definitely not necessary, but here is some research showing that creatine an benefit teen athletes:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15129933/

I like the idea of Lecithin granules, even just for calories/fat, and healthy choline, without even considering the benefits of PA.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's Your Favorite Natural Anabolic?
    By BigVrunga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 05:40 AM
  2. Get more out of your natural anabolic?
    By NO HYPE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 11:24 PM
  3. Natural Anabolic Stack?
    By blahblah192 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 03:57 AM
  4. Bloodwork While on "Natural Anabolics"
    By Mazderati in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 01:42 PM
  5. Official Natural Anabolic Consensus Page