Natural Anabolics

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    No, decreases. I've been recommended ABE btw, any thoughts?
    @V02maxima can assist you more in the comprehension of ABE.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    Seems ABE does effect hormones in a way, so maybe not the best.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Seems ABE does effect hormones in a way, so maybe not the best.
    Increasing glycogen storage is something that hormones can't provide (I think). That is a benefit of ABE. That's probably the only benefit you can receive from ABE, although I don't know much about it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    Increasing glycogen storage is something that hormones can't provide (I think). That is a benefit of ABE. That's probably the only benefit you can receive from ABE, although I don't know much about it.
    ABE has a lot of positive reviews, it's currently one natural anabolic I'm researching right now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    ABE has a lot of positive reviews, it's currently one natural anabolic I'm researching right now.
    Positive reviews for a teen?
    •   

6. At 16 you don't need anything other then proper nutrition, training, and sleep. Nothing natural is going to help more then those three.

7. Quote Originally Posted by stock28 View Post
    At 16 you don't need anything other then proper nutrition, training, and sleep. Nothing natural is going to help more then those three.
    Exactly, not to mention PEScience will not recommend you a product if you're under the age of 18. Stick with creatine monohydrate
    Olympus Labs

8. Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    At 16, just stick to diet and creatine. I wouldn't spend money on anything fancy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    Bro you've posted alot lately about supplements, knowledge is great, but you're young af. Do everything you can with all the powerful hormones of a 16 year old & use creatine at most. If progress has slowed it because that's normal in someone who has lifted for more than 1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    IMO yes. Don't get me wrong, I love supplements but man make a supplement savings now. When you get a little older you will be glad you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by stock28 View Post
    At 16 you don't need anything other then proper nutrition, training, and sleep. Nothing natural is going to help more then those three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synapsin View Post
    Exactly, not to mention PEScience will not recommend you a product if you're under the age of 18. Stick with creatine monohydrate
    This just about sums up what this thread should be about. You should really take the advice and avoid supplements right now because they would be a waste of money for you.

9. Agreed with some of the above statements. At 16 no need for natural anabolics. Just eat and grow at that age.
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

10. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Just curious in natural anabolics, since they've been recommended to me numerous times on the forums.
    Natural anabolic for you and your age:
    -lot of good and clean food (you still grow)
    -good workout routine
    -enough rest/sleep

You actually dont need any supplements at all!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Danes View Post
    Natural anabolic for you and your age:
    -lot of good and clean food (you still grow)
    -good workout routine
    -enough rest/sleep

You actually dont need any supplements at all!
    Okay, so you a natural anabolic will do nothing for me? The same effectiveness as a pill filled with water combined with the placebo effect?
    @Tylerclee And ABE has a lot of positive reviews in general, and I am assuming most, if not all are from adults.

12. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Okay, so you a natural anabolic will do nothing for me? The same effectiveness as a pill filled with water combined with the placebo effect?
    Honestly, it will do nothing for you.
    Trust me , use extra money on clean food!

13. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    @Tylerclee And ABE has a lot of positive reviews in general, and I am assuming most, if not all are from adults.
    You are not hearing us. At 16 years old, you are more anabolic than most of us here. I'm 27 and I wish I was your age again making gains like that. Don't waste your money if you don't need to. We all want/need the advantage because our progress isn't as easy as a young person like you.

14. Quote Originally Posted by ma70 View Post
    You are not hearing us. At 16 years old, you are more anabolic than most of us here. I'm 27 and I wish I was your age again making gains like that. Don't waste your money if you don't need to. We all want/need the advantage because our progress isn't as easy as a young person like you.
    I wish I was 16 again and had the same knowledge as I have now. I would just focus on food, workout routine and rest/sleep and not throwing my money or time on "fancy" supp promissing steroid like gains etc. Food, food, food.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    I mean I could go into a bit of detail, but I feel like it'd be irresponsible when OP would see far more benefit from making changes elsewhere. He said he estimated calories for one day...is he eating that much consistently? Consistency with diet is extremely important. And based on the training discussion earlier, it sounds like he's just getting a training routine hammered out, and he also has not indicated whether or not his training has a plan for progression built in. Based on the fact that he's 16, which is a prime time for building strength, and the numbers posted, IMO he'd do well with something utilizing linear progression, and would probably see very fast gains on that.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Use code BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    I mean I could go into a bit of detail, but I feel like it'd be irresponsible when OP would see far more benefit from making changes elsewhere. He said he estimated calories for one day...is he eating that much consistently? Consistency with diet is extremely important. And based on the training discussion earlier, it sounds like he's just getting a training routine hammered out, and he also has not indicated whether or not his training has a plan for progression built in. Based on the fact that he's 16, which is a prime time for building strength, and the numbers posted, IMO he'd do well with something utilizing linear progression, and would probably see very fast gains on that.
    For my progression, once I hit 8 reps on something, I'll go up 5 or 10 pounds, because it seems for me very 5 pounds I go up, is one less rep. So if I can do 185 for 8 reps, I'll expect 195 for 6. Then I'll try to bring 195 to 8. This is how I'm doing my dumbbell presses. I reached 80 pounds for 10 reps, so my next workout I'll do 85, and try to hit 8, then go up to 90, and so on. As for my training, I was going to change up my routine from a PPL to a Chest/bi, back/tri, leg/shoulders kind of split, but it just felt weird for me, so I'm going back to the original PPL split. And as for the natural anabolics, yes, I do listen to you guys, it's just the curiosity of what it might do, as I see a lot of positive reviews, but the thing is, as you guys said, it may or may not work, may or may not be safe, and I'd be better off saving my money. I may save my money, and not get one, but it really depends on how much an effect I think it will work for me, I usually research a supplement a lot before buying it.

17. Crazy. Two 16 year olds posting similar questions about the same time.

You're 16. You have at LEAST 5-6 years of lifting to put on your belt before ANYTHING except eating healthy, light staples (creatine), and sleep well.
    Oh, and some decent programming with an ever growing knowledge base of different programs, and self-awareness.
    Nobody ever waited for the sun to rise before attempting Everest!
    Leave them better for having met you. Be a kind and thoughtful person, nothing is more important.
    -My dad

18. Quote Originally Posted by justhere4comm View Post
    Crazy. Two 16 year olds posting similar questions about the same time.

You're 16. You have at LEAST 5-6 years of lifting to put on your belt before ANYTHING except eating healthy, light staples (creatine), and sleep well.
    Oh, and some decent programming with an ever growing knowledge base of different programs, and self-awareness.
    I'm jumping the gun here, but theoretically, even if I got my diet perfect as a teenager, good amount of calories, good amount of protein, and so on, you'd say skip the natural anabolics? I understand diet is the most important, and mine's pretty good, I'm always trying to improve it. Also, believe or not, if I could do one thing right now, it'd be to stay at home, not go to school, and be able to focus on my diet and training. If that came true, I'd be in 7th heaven, and make the greatest gains of my life, lol.

19. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    I'm jumping the gun here, but theoretically, even if I got my diet perfect as a teenager, good amount of calories, good amount of protein, and so on, you'd say skip the natural anabolics? I understand diet is the most important, and mine's pretty good, I'm always trying to improve it. Also, believe or not, if I could do one thing right now, it'd be to stay at home, not go to school, and be able to focus on my diet and training. If that came true, I'd be in 7th heaven, and make the greatest gains of my life, lol.
    Ok, proven/effective natural anabolics WILL help, but they will not fix a poor diet/training routine. The reason we tell you to focus on diet/training, is because natural anabolics are meant as plataeu busters unless you can afford to spend hundreds a year on supplements.

20. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    For my progression, once I hit 8 reps on something, I'll go up 5 or 10 pounds, because it seems for me very 5 pounds I go up, is one less rep. So if I can do 185 for 8 reps, I'll expect 195 for 6. Then I'll try to bring 195 to 8. This is how I'm doing my dumbbell presses. I reached 80 pounds for 10 reps, so my next workout I'll do 85, and try to hit 8, then go up to 90, and so on. As for my training, I was going to change up my routine from a PPL to a Chest/bi, back/tri, leg/shoulders kind of split, but it just felt weird for me, so I'm going back to the original PPL split. And as for the natural anabolics, yes, I do listen to you guys, it's just the curiosity of what it might do, as I see a lot of positive reviews, but the thing is, as you guys said, it may or may not work, may or may not be safe, and I'd be better off saving my money. I may save my money, and not get one, but it really depends on how much an effect I think it will work for me, I usually research a supplement a lot before buying it.
    I'm going to propose something that probably will sound crazy: Candito Linear Progression or Greyskull LP.
    Those are two very, very good programs that I bet will get you progressing faster than what you're doing now. When you look at them written out, they probably will not look like much volume, but I guarantee once you figure out how to actually lift hard, they will be sufficiently challenging. (In fact, I bet most of the strong guys here would have a lot of trouble running those programs because it would wear them out...honestly the two lower days on Candito would absolutely crush me, for example). But more important than challenging, they will get you stronger...and that's really what's important, right? Progression is more important than "feeling" like something is hard, otherwise we'd all just do crossfit.
    OLYMPUS LABS

21. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    I'm going to propose something that probably will sound crazy: Candito Linear Progression or Greyskull LP.
    Those are two very, very good programs that I bet will get you progressing faster than what you're doing now. When you look at them written out, they probably will not look like much volume, but I guarantee once you figure out how to actually lift hard, they will be sufficiently challenging. (In fact, I bet most of the strong guys here would have a lot of trouble running those programs because it would wear them out...honestly the two lower days on Candito would absolutely crush me, for example). But more important than challenging, they will get you stronger...and that's really what's important, right? Progression is more important than "feeling" like something is hard, otherwise we'd all just do crossfit.
    Great post. I'd recommend the Texas Method "template", or Candito's Linear Program for you. Honestly, even the intermediate program would be fine for you, and it would just prevent having to do resets and all.

22. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    As much as I like being stronger, will these programs also cause muscle growth? I know strength training makes muscles grow, but to my understanding hypertrophy based workouts do more for muscle growth.

23. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    As much as I like being stronger, will these programs also cause muscle growth? I know strength training makes muscles grow, but to my understanding hypertrophy based workouts do more for muscle growth.
    I honestly think that beginners and intermediates spend way too much time trying to differentiate strength vs hypertrophy training. Assuming you're eating enough, if you get stronger, you get bigger, end of story. Yeah, of course there are skill and neuromuscular gains to be made with strength training, but at a certain point, you need to gain muscle. There's some differences in training with very high level bodybuilders and very high level powerlifters, but you're not at that point, and those high level bodybuilders are way stronger than you. Right now, the biggest difference you can make to do more for muscle growth is to eat more. If you eat more and run one of those programs, you will get bigger, I promise.
    OLYMPUS LABS

24. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    At age of 16, musclegrow will be there even you just look at weights. Dont overthink

25. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    I honestly think that beginners and intermediates spend way too much time trying to differentiate strength vs hypertrophy training. Assuming you're eating enough, if you get stronger, you get bigger, end of story. Yeah, of course there are skill and neuromuscular gains to be made with strength training, but at a certain point, you need to gain muscle. There's some differences in training with very high level bodybuilders and very high level powerlifters, but you're not at that point, and those high level bodybuilders are way stronger than you. Right now, the biggest difference you can make to do more for muscle growth is to eat more. If you eat more and run one of those programs, you will get bigger, I promise.
    So you'd say give this program a shot? And for about how long? But Candito's method of progression basically does what I do, increase 5 or 10 pounds depending on the exercise every week.

26. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    So you'd say give this program a shot? And for about how long? But Candito's method of progression basically does what I do, increase 5 or 10 pounds depending on the exercise every week.
    If it's already similar to what you're doing, what do you have to lose?
    But yes, if nothing else, I think it'll get you past the squat plateau you're talking about. I don't think you should be plateauing where you are and I think it's a programming issue. The assistance work in that program will help with that.
    That and paying a bit more attention to your diet will do more than a natural anabolic would.
    OLYMPUS LABS

27. Quote Originally Posted by Danes View Post
    At age of 16, musclegrow will be there even you just look at weights. Dont overthink
    Haha it's so true. I loved it. Thought I would grow like that forever. Lifted, ate whatever I wanted, and just grew.

OP, whatever "natural anabolic" supplements you may decide to take, you're going to learn 2 very important lessons:
    1) There is no shortcut
    2) You can spend A LOT of money on junk

28. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    This. Even Arnold started with an emphasis on strength, and still recommends this to beginners. You want to build a solid foundation before you try to refine it. A bodybuilder may not be as strong as a powerlifter, but you'll never see a massive bodybuilder who is "weak." You still need to develop sufficient strength, which besides leading to its own muscle growth, will help future hypertrophy based workouts, as you can use more weight for more reps when you're stronger.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

29. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    If it's already similar to what you're doing, what do you have to lose?
    But yes, if nothing else, I think it'll get you past the squat plateau you're talking about. I don't think you should be plateauing where you are and I think it's a programming issue. The assistance work in that program will help with that.
    That and paying a bit more attention to your diet will do more than a natural anabolic would.
    Does this website look like it has the correct routine? http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/can...inear-program/

30. Quote Originally Posted by SlavicStrong View Post
    Does this website look like it has the correct routine?
    Yeah that's it. You can download a PDF outlining it on Jonnie's website also (canditotraininghq.com).
    OLYMPUS LABS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What's Your Favorite Natural Anabolic?
    By BigVrunga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 06:40 AM
  2. Get more out of your natural anabolic?
    By NO HYPE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 12:24 AM
  3. Natural Anabolic Stack?
    By blahblah192 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 04:57 AM
  4. Bloodwork While on "Natural Anabolics"
    By Mazderati in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 02:42 PM
  5. Official Natural Anabolic Consensus Page