Teenager w/ a Test Booster

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Look man if there was anyone who had to answer this question it'd be me. Been in the same situation when I was younger, not so long ago.

From your post I can tell you've done your research and put the time into creating a better stronger you, and you have indeed made quality gains and strength from where you started.

Not to write a long answer I can answer this easily for you pretty quick. Testosterone Boosters do not have godly effects and these drastic improvements to your physic that you sometimes may wish. Don't get me wrong they are helpful but for you? I'd say not really.

Side effects from Test Boosters? Ha none really come to mind, you need to remember that these supplements aren't steroids or prohormones. Maybe a boner in class or some wet dreams but you can decide if that's a side effect or not.

I remember kids in my high school who acted like creatine was basically steroids, and if you took creatine you weren't "natty", I went on to think that creatine was some really dangerous thing you could only buy from Academy when you turned 18, in the end you have to be the judge and do the research to ensure your health.

Should you take it? You can, will it drastically change your physic and be the final solution....no
Probably won't see any difference honestly.

You're smart kid, you decide.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Test boosters will do nothing for you. Any teen who claims to have had great results from it is having a placebo effect. And the placebo effect is very common at 16 or 17 years old because you are still young and new to training and making great gains naturally. Is your friend John really juicing? Maybe. Or maybe he trains his butt off and has great genetics like Arnold Schwarzenegger. If you are dying to use the test booster then I don't really see much harm in it to be honest. I don't think you will see any positive or negative effects from it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree with the above. At your age an otc test booster itsn't going to do much for you because your test levels are about to be at the highest they will be naturally. Just focus on training hard and eatting to grow.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If your T levels aren't at 1100ng/dl now (or even higher) - they soon will be - rejoice! Do not waste your money. I'd rather see you plunk down $78 for a custom program from Mike Israetel - you'll probably gain more than a "3 sets of 10" guy on actual gear. Programming, Nutrition (FOOD!) and Recovery are where it's at my man.

Ah, but the allure of the 'magic pills' is hard to resist, isn't it? :D Marketing is a science that they teach at University - the American economy runs on it - 'Just Say No' :D

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
If your T levels aren't at 1100ng/dl now (or even higher) - they soon will be - rejoice! Do not waste your money. I'd rather see you plunk down $78 for a custom program from Mike Israetel - you'll probably gain more than a "3 sets of 10" guy on actual gear. Programming, Nutrition (FOOD!) and Recovery are where it's at my man.

Ah, but the allure of the 'magic pills' is hard to resist, isn't it? :D Marketing is a science that they teach at University - the American economy runs on it - 'Just Say No' :D
I enjoyed every part of this post lol very wise words

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
It's just tucked away in my drawer, and it's too late to return to the store, so its either take it, or throw it out. Some teenagers said that they've had good results with them, but they never really specify what type of results. Also, the kid "John" claimed he took test boosters, and now he looks enormous, and is strong as heck. I even talk to some adults at the gym about this subject, and they say it does effect teens, but they don't think it's worth "messing with that stuff" at my age.
Your buddy lied to you, the other teenagers sound like they were 'brocebo'd' and the adults sound like idiots. Take the bottle then, it's plant leaves, it won't hurt you.

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You can take it, log it if you want. Tell us your experience, this is a supplement forum for the most part.

The ingredients in most OTC Test Booster are safe and aren't gonna hurt you no more than taking protein powder or preworkout.

You have it so may as well give it a try or just end up selling it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Alright, you're saying if I take the pills it will just be for sh*ts and giggles?
With the hormone levels I suspect you have now? Yes. Now, libido *can* be affected through other pathways than hormonal, so it's *possible* you may get more randy - but seriously, with all the T and DHT you have floating around, your libido probably doesn't need any help - we all remember when we were 16! LOL.

gaz7456

gaz7456

Awards
You've already made some excellent gains in a short space of time and whilst that rate of progress will eventually plateau, there's lots of growing you can still do keeping it simple and saving your money for other stuff. I made my best gains between 16 and 18 without any supplements bar protein/weight gain powder and was benching over 300lb by 18 years. Just keep learning, varying your programme and keep on growing!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Okay, the only "problem" I have with this test booster is it claims it has "estrogen control". You vets obviously know me than me on this subject, so if you would mind, could you look up the "estrogen controlling" ingredients in the product, and telling me if it is safe. I'm sure since its natural and OTC it is extremely weak though.
Don't worry about it, they don't do much anyway.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Okay, so overall, this thing will do nothing bodybuilding wise, and just make me hornier?
Pretty much, and probably won't even do the last thing. Can you BE any hornier at 16? I couldn't.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Might as well just take them, right? Nothing else to do with them, besides throw them out, just to see what effect it actually has on teens.
Like others said it won't do much at 16. The fenugreek will make you smell like maple syrup, that's cool though.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't waste your time. Spend the money on fixing your subpar diet, maybe take cheap staples like Creatine.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't, took the pills out of the original bottle, and put them in another.
What you do doesn't matter at this point, IMO. The ingredients are bunk, and even if they weren't, the dosages are low.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are average doses supposed to be like? the bottle claims it has double the dose than most boosters, they must have lied then.
It's marketing bs. I rep for a company so I will not advise you at 16 to take anything. I will say you found a great place here at AM and you can spend next few years learning about training, nutrition, rest, etc.

As you get older you will find much better products from companies like Performax Labs, SNS/CEL, Evomuse, Olympus Labs, Scivation, etc I'm sure I missed a few more great obvious ones, however these are some companies to learn about.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Can't, took the pills out of the original bottle, and put them in another.
If you can't sell them to some other kid then just take them if you want. In all honesty, I think they might help you. The product itself won't do anything for you at all, however, you want it to work. And the fact that you want it to work and you've heard other teens tell you that test boosters work, then you will think it works. And if you think it works, then you will think you are stronger. And if you think you are stronger you will lift heavier weights. And if you lift heavier weights you will work out harder. And if you work out harder you will get better results. So yeah, maybe in a way it will work.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think the placebo effect will work, since I'm taking your word for it, and accepting the fact it won't do anything, but maybe you're right. If it's safe, it might, just might, give me a mental boost, but since I know it won't work too well, it might not.
It's safe unless they spiked it. But rest assured, you will notice nothing. Either way, take it if it makes you happy. You keep posting up questions about supplements when your training seems random and diet macros are untracked, so maybe placebo will work in this case (even if we keep telling you it will do nothing). Just believe in the supplement and you'll make gains

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
About the diet, I tracked it and it was pretty good, however I could eat a little bit more each day, which I'm working on. Also, I thought the placebo effect only worked if you thought you were taking the "real deal", not if you were told the truth about what you were taking.
Well you can choose to ignore me/us and choose to believe the marketing of the company, etc. Anyways, the ingredients will not be harmful, but with companies these days, you never know what they spike their stuff with.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
About the diet, I tracked it and it was pretty good, however I could eat a little bit more each day, which I'm working on. Also, I thought the placebo effect only worked if you thought you were taking the "real deal", not if you were told the truth about what you were taking.
Doesn't matter what people tell you, it's what you ultimately think once you swallow the pill. Let me tell you a story...

When I was in high school there was a kid like your friend John. This kid was big, worked out hard, and everybody noticed. The kid was getting really good results in the gym and growing really fast. His fellow classmates used to ask him about working out, supplements, diets, etc. He said he only used protein powder and bars - nothing else. But some people thought he used other performance enhancing drugs, whether it be andro, steroids, etc. As a matter of fact, one day the gym teacher sat down with him to discuss the harmful side effects to steroids. The kid mostly laughed it off because the truth is - he really ONLY used protein powder and protein bars. How do I know? Because I was that kid.
High school and college I made my best gains by far. Today, I am using a test booster and I like it. I feel good on it, and my libido is up. However, in the gym I have not made any improvements in strength. My body composition has not changed at all and I'm currently on my second bottle. Now, if I took that same test booster when I was in high school or college then WOW - that thing would have worked like steroids because I would have made huge strides in strength and mass while on it. And that's the effect that teenagers have when it comes to these supplements. You kind of see what I'm saying?

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you really want to see if it works, correct?

Let's run a little trial/log here, keep everything about your program exactly the way it is for the next 30 days, run the booster and see what happens...

Then, following those 30 days, let's get your diet and training up and see what yields better results. It's a win-win...

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, I thought the placebo effect only worked if you thought you were taking the "real deal", not if you were told the truth about what you were taking.
Sorry mate, the placebo effect is not nearly that simplistic. It's why most test for efficacy are DOUBLE blind. Trained research scientist know that no matter how objective they may think they are even they (especially they) can interpolate results incorrectly based on subconscious bias. The brain is very powerful...

Now, that's not to say ignore all anecdotal evidence. We here on AM like to have lively debates between those who accept only studies an pooh hoo the anecdotal and those that only accept "real world" results and believe you can set up the parameters of a study to prove anything works. Most of us fall somewhere in along the middle of those two poles.

Thus said, I looked online at your SUP and with all due respect, it's crap. Take it if you want. My guess is that there is a part of subconscious that thinks it will work. IMO use this as a lesson learned. Be a skeptic of all marketing (especially in the SUP industry), learn from the members here how to do real research or at least follow the ones that do. If you are hell bent on taking supplements, there are plenty of natural ones that will do a hell of a lot more for a lot less (e.g. Soy Lecithin, BA, Creatine, Betaine, bulk HMB powder, etc.)

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Scratch the Test Boosters

Test Boosters will have almost no effect on a teenager unless he has a clinical issue.

Look into Natural Anabolics...

Give BLR Follidrone 2.0 a try or PES Anabeta Elite

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can find this at health food stores. It's cheap. It will also help you get more calories. Tons of people on AM have used and lots of feedback.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1483738851.407061.jpg

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just about anything you can think of. Some guys literally just eat it raw and chase it with water. For you, I'd recommend putting it in your protein shake you said you do. It will make it even more creamy.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And you can get creative with your shakes too. (I'll work from the presupposition that your metabolism is through the roof and you need more calories.) You'll need the following:

A blender or food processor
16oz/.5L Milk (whole has more calories)
1/2 cup/40g Whole oats (dry, uncooked)
1 TBLS/15ML Natural Peanut Butter
1scoop chocolate flavored protein powder (or, unflavored to avoid artificial sweetener taste.)
IF unflavored protein used you'll also need 1 TBLS powdered sugar and 1 TBLS cocoa powder.
2 TBLS lecithin granules.

Put the milk into the blender and on the lowest setting start churning. If you are using unflavored protein (what I personally like and recommend) add the cocoa and then powdered sugar first while it is still mixing. Turn up to next setting and then add protein. Turn up further and then add raw oats. These with take the longest to full grind/mix. Then add your natural peanut butter. Finally the lecithin. By this time the whole mixture will be quite thick and creamy.

Like I said, get creative and tweak according to your taste. If you enjoy the taste you will be more likely to stick with it long term which is key. Also, as you dial in your diet you can tweak the calorie load up or down. Do that by adjusting the fats or carbs (don't increase the protein on the above...it's pretty high as it is.) Try to avoid too much protein in one meal. It's not only a waste but can be counterproductive and unhealthy. Thus you'll need to spread out your protein consumption so you get the total daily amount you need (roughly 1 gram per pound lean body mass) but in doses your body can use. For more on this, do a search here on AM. Lots of great stuff on it.