looking for cutting supplement advice

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
It has been years since I took a thermo\fat loss product. In the early 2000's I was absolutely shredded on the old ECA stack. This was around the same time I started lifting. I was in my early 20's, had no idea what I was doing and when I started working out I ate everything in site. I went up to 275 pounds but it was a very very sloppy 275. Started ECA and ripped that all off and was walking around at 190 with abs and veins everywhere.

I stayed at that weight until about 2007 or 2008 and slowly started to put weight on. I never stopped working out but my definition was gone. I am now 230lbs. I am the strongest I have ever been and If you looked at me with a shirt on you would think I look lean ( If that makes sense) but I am not. I am carrying extra fat on my lower abs and love handle area.... I would like to get back to where I once was.

My issue is at some point I became sensitive to stims. I could never take ECA again. I was curious what would be better for a guy like me? OL Bloodshed or Ignit3 ?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you're sensitive to stims, why not try something stim free like Sns lean edge? You could even stack it with a half dose of something stimmed and see a bit of benefit from that as well...

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
My issue is at some point I became sensitive to stims. I could never take ECA again. I was curious what would be better for a guy like me? OL Bloodshed or Ignit3 ?
I would be sure that your diet and training are 100% on point before adding in a fat burning supplement. Both of these products, when dosed at a full serving, are relatively high stim. I think either option would be a good move, but definitely dial back the serving size to start if you're stim sensitive. I would start with a half serving or less to assess tolerance. Have you considered any other products?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd take the advice above and run with it. You could do like sns lean edge and get some norcodrene and maybe do one pill norcodrene which is only 100mg caffeine.

jesus_sanchez

Awards
T3 is nice if taken properly, especially with moderate dose of clen. Thats assuming you're an AnabolicMind. Im studying injectable L-Carnatine right mow. You look into that? Ir Frag?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
T3 is nice if taken properly, especially with moderate dose of clen. Thats assuming you're an AnabolicMind. Im studying injectable L-Carnatine right mow. You look into that? Ir Frag?
Op says he has trouble with stims and you recommend clen? Cmon man.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sorry - if you're looking for stim free weight loss - Evomuse DCP and Brite should be the first things you go for. DCP is THE best fat burner regardless of stims, IMO.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Sorry - if you're looking for stim free weight loss - Evomuse DCP and Brite should be the first things you go for. DCP is THE best fat burner regardless of stims, IMO.
I was planning on trying the ignit3 and seeing how i respond. Could you run DCP with ignit3 ??

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was planning on trying the ignit3 and seeing how i respond. Could you run DCP with ignit3 ??
Ignite is stimulant based. If you can tolerate ignite then DCP and ignite will be a great combo.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
OP, between your original choices, Bloodshred WAR would be the lightest stim. I guess you could space out Ignite by taking 1 cap every few hours. But if you're stim sensitive taking even 2 together might be a bit much (3 at one time made me kind of jittery). Bloodshred RAW hit me like a train, even at around 1 scoop. It's no joke - and I'm stim tolerant.

DCP has gotten some great reviews and, like others mentioned, it's stim free. You may want to give it a try and just add some caffeine if you want a kick.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Giant Sport Thyrotwin is cheap and effective. Some berberine hcl and yohimbine hcl might be nice add-ons as well.

I'm using thermokal from Metabolic Nutrition right now and it's going pretty nicely.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Idk if its because of tolerance you cant take stims but just because you dont feel the stimulants doesnt mean they arent working, just throwing that out there

jesus_sanchez

Awards
I still think Clen and T3 are safer than the garbage that's over the counter

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS makes a lot of non stim supps. Lean Edge, TTA-500, Reduce XT, and some other single ingredients.

TTA-500 is my personal favorite. I always run it along side a stim when dieting.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, imo a decent dose of coleus forskollin and 7-Keto DHEA.. I used YOUTH by formutech at around 300-400mg works really good for the non-stim route for both myself and my wife. Awesome non-stim combination IMO.. pretty much hits from two very potent angles.

drorlevi

Awards
Which supplements is best after gym can suggest me .

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
A -750 / 1000kcal deficit, lots of fasted cardio (even though Schoenfeld says it doesn't matter), and EGCG with some Lemon Juice (helps absorb more of the Catechins. And only if you have a lot of fat to lose - if 'leanish' EGCG has been recently shown to not do much in the way of fat loss). That's what's "really" proven. Next would be Forskolin, you can get some 20% caps for a good price. This is "semi-proven" by Sabinsa, a company that sells it (the 2005 Goddard study was funded by Sabinsa as well). Then you have the "not really proven, but almost pennies on the dollar stuff" like Green Coffee Bean and Rasberry Ketones, etc...

Without stimulants, you aren't going to raise Resting Energy Expenditure.

Edit: Recent study on Green Tea

Not Seeing the Results You Expected From GreenTea Supps ? You May Simply be Eating too Healthy. Rodent Study Shows, Green Tea’s Good at Countering Ill Effects of Messed up Diets (etc.), but Has ‘No’ Effect if You’re Doing Everything Right…

Ok, the study was done in rodents and focused on only one health effect of the "total Western diet", BUT it is 100% in line with what you're going to see in human research: in non-obese, already healthy, active individuals, the effects of green tea are negligible.

suppversity.com | Ward, R. E., Benninghoff, A. D., Healy, B. J., Li, M., Vagu, B. and Hintze, K. J. (2016), Consumption of the total Western diet differentially affects the response to green tea in rodent models of chronic disease compared to the AIN93G diet. Mol. Nutr. Food Res., 1600720. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1002/mnfr.201600720

Dersu86

Awards
A -750 / 1000kcal deficit, lots of fasted cardio (even though Schoenfeld says it doesn't matter), and EGCG with some Lemon Juice (helps absorb more of the Catechins. And only if you have a lot of fat to lose - if 'leanish' EGCG has been recently shown to not do much in the way of fat loss). That's what's "really" proven. Next would be Forskolin, you can get some 20% caps for a good price. This is "semi-proven" by Sabinsa, a company that sells it (the 2005 Goddard study was funded by Sabinsa as well). Then you have the "not really proven, but almost pennies on the dollar stuff" like Green Coffee Bean and Rasberry Ketones, etc...

Without stimulants, you aren't going to raise Resting Energy Expenditure.

Edit: Recent study on Green Tea
What is the recommended daily dose of EGCG? Is it ok to take it year-round or do you have to cycle it?

I'm asking this because I remember reading about a certain level of toxicity that EGCG has on the liver or something along those lines.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of anyone overdosing on green tea

thatsuppguy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Evomuse DCP, Brite and Supernova. I was absolutely amazed by my results on this stack.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
What is the recommended daily dose of EGCG? Is it ok to take it year-round or do you have to cycle it?

I'm asking this because I remember reading about a certain level of toxicity that EGCG has on the liver or something along those lines.
Around 250mg (that's of EGCG - so two, 250mg caps of 50% EGCG for example.) But not due to toxicity - IIRC high doses had a negative impact on hormones - go search Suppversity.

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
7-keto DHEA 200 mgs daily with Evomuse DCP!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you do go the stim route, be careful of some of the suggestions in here since they are high stim. I like the suggestions of the non stim products in here. I will also add Evomuse Ammo to the non stim list.

For a stim product that is not overbearing, OxyMax XT is a nice option. The caffeine in it is similar to a large cup of coffee. If you can handle that, then this may be an option. The two things I like about Oxymax XT is the euphoric feeling I, and others, get from it. Additionally, the forskolin in it is great for cutting.

No matter what route you go, I would suggest getting a product with forskolin in it. Forskolin is great when cutting and can positively influence body composition and has many other benefits.

Forskolin increases metabolism, burns fat, breaks down triglycerides, and increases lean-body mass
The thyroid stimulating strength of forskolin has been compared to TSH (thyrotropin). Thyroid hormone levels are important for leanness.
Forskolin has increased total testosterone by 16% in male subjects during a 12-week trial.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/burn-fat-pile-on-muscle-with-forskolin

Fat Mass:  The colforsin group lost 4.52 kilograms (9,94 pounds) of fat, plus or minus 5.74 kilograms, while the placebo group lost only 0.51 kilograms (1.12 pounds), plus or minus 1.91 kilograms.
Lean Body Mass:  The colforsin group gained 3.71 kilograms of lean body mass (8.162 pounds), plus or minus 4.07 kilograms, while the placebo group gained 1.57 kilograms (3.45 pounds), plus or minus 2.56 kilograms.
Testosterone:  The Testosterone of the colforsin group rose 33.7 percent, while it decreased 18.35 percent in the placebo group.
https://www.t-nation.com/supplements/dont-kill-the-messenger

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16129715

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Forgot to mention this the other day, but TTA-500 is an amazing product for cutting. Initially you may bloat slightly, but the effects can be rather dramatic once you come off of it. 100% stim free too and a very unique pathway so it can be stacked with almost anyhting.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you go the Ignit3 route, do not start with the full dose, especially given that you said you're stim sensitive. I'd say to start with two caps and see how that treats you. It is potent! Bloodshr3d War (the one without rauwolscine) will be the least stim-heavy of the OL stimmed burners, but even that isn't really "lightly stimmed," so I'd start with a single scoop with that too to assess your tolerance.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I went with ignit3 and DCP. I've taken two ignit3 prior to my workout and feel very good. I am sweating more and am amazed at the energy and focus I have. It feels like a clean energy burst. No jitters with two. I also need to force myself to eat so this kills my appetite. Only day 3 but excited ! What would adding Brite to the mix bring ?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I went with ignit3 and DCP. I've taken two ignit3 prior to my workout and feel very good. I am sweating more and am amazed at the energy and focus I have. It feels like a clean energy burst. No jitters with two. I also need to force myself to eat so this kills my appetite. Only day 3 but excited ! What would adding Brite to the mix bring ?
BRITE was the first product to pioneer the concept of browning white fat. Brown adipose are fat cells that sit there all day and use their fatty acid stores to generate heat. This, i believe, helps keeping us as warm blooded animals well, warm. White Adipose, in a really simplified explanation, kind of sits there and sends out inflammatory (and leptin) signals and not much else. They grow and grow and grow, then multiply.

Research a few years ago discovered a new type of cell - BRITE cells. These are white fat cells that start to resemble BROWN cells, generating heat from their fatty acid stores. In late 2013/early 2014 I stumbled onto info and research into actively causing a browning effect in white cells, and developed the BRITE product. The results are absolutely incredible, and far exceeded my most optimistic expectations.

BRITE causes white cells to "brown", forming brite cells. So instead of sitting around all day sucking up more fatty acids and getting bigger and uglier, they generate wasted heat. The result is a big increase in resting metabolic rate (making heat is calorically expensive) and a DRAMATIC leaning out. The best thing about it is that the converted white cells don't just pop back when you stop taking the product. From my observations, a 3-4 month run of BRITE will cause increased fat burning for a good 10 months.

Expect to feel warm all the time, and sweat profusely, but the results are both rapid and dramatic.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP, between your original choices, Bloodshred WAR would be the lightest stim. I guess you could space out Ignite by taking 1 cap every few hours. But if you're stim sensitive taking even 2 together might be a bit much (3 at one time made me kind of jittery). Bloodshred RAW hit me like a train, even at around 1 scoop. It's no joke - and I'm stim tolerant.

DCP has gotten some great reviews and, like others mentioned, it's stim free. You may want to give it a try and just add some caffeine if you want a kick.
He is exactly right about everything in this post. IGNIT3 is great but the Yohimbe content could make anyone feel edgy. I am very stim tolerant as well due to the fact that I work nights and am in a constant battle with my sleep/wake cycle. I do find that I have to kind of wean myself into IGNIT3 though and anything else with Yohimbe for that matter...

Oh...OP already decided...haha

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Evomuse just came out with the 3mg AlphaBurn down from 8mg which is a blessing. On Presale now for $15 which is killer. 3mg is my tolerable level w/out feeling like I'm dying so I'm giving it a shot.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Evomuse just came out with the 3mg AlphaBurn down from 8mg which is a blessing. On Presale now for $15 which is killer. 3mg is my tolerable level w/out feeling like I'm dying so I'm giving it a shot.
That price is good until Monday night.