Biogro?

SlavicStrong

Awards
iSatori Bio-Gro safe for teenagers? I am interested in taking it because I was recommended a natural anabolic, which Bio-gro is marketed as, and it has decent reviews on its recovery abilities.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Safe? Yes. Effective? Not so much.
There's some good reviews on it, besides, I am looking for a recovery supplement. I tried BCAAs, had no effect on me. You ever use it?

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
I had good results on it. Some of the best recovery I've ever had. Haven't used it in a while however.

SlavicStrong

Awards
I had good results on it. Some of the best recovery I've ever had. Haven't used it in a while however.
Some reviews claimed it made them feel "fuller", not entirely sure what that means, and they claimed they had size and strength gains, but supplement companies are known to hire people to write good reviews, besides, I've learned already that most supplements are absolute crap.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
I actually hit a pr from what I remember, and the "full" effect was true for me too.

The most noticeable effect was the recovery though.

This was 3 years ago, so it's a little blurry now. Just my 2 cents really

SlavicStrong

Awards
I actually hit a pr from what I remember, and the "full" effect was true for me too.

The most noticeable effect was the recovery though.

This was 3 years ago, so it's a little blurry now. Just my 2 cents really
By "full" does it feel like you have a pump?

Label also reads that 2 scoops in the morning and at night, so 4 scoops daily, for those under 200 pounds, 3 in the morning, and 3 at night for those over. I am like, borderline that, 195 pounds, should I go with the 4 scoops, or 6?

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Yeah like a light pump going on I'd say. I did fine with 1 scoop pre, one scoop post workout. I was 175 though

SlavicStrong

Awards
Yeah like a light pump going on I'd say. I did fine with 1 scoop pre, one scoop post workout. I was 175 though
You did only two scoops per day? Company claims 4 scoops per day is needed per day, but maybe they're just wanting you to waste the powder more quickly.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would hmb instead for recovery
Biogro is a waste of your money - it is just colostrum and that's dirt cheap

SlavicStrong

Awards
I would hmb instead for recovery
Biogro is a waste of your money - it is just colostrum and that's dirt cheap
I've tried HMB, can't say I felt much recovery wise either. HMB CA or FA?

fakeazzrock

Awards
I've used it. The first couple of weeks I felt like it was aiding in recovery and possibly giving that pump feeling which produces the full effect in muscles. I was so excited I ordered my next jar (on Amazon btw). The next 6 or so weeks, I felt more like it was bullcrap than effective. If you have $30ish to try, I suppose it's worth it. But the truth is protein, creatine and BCAAs are about the only real supps that are effective and safe to use, for a younger person anyways.

SlavicStrong

Awards
I've used it. The first couple of weeks I felt like it was aiding in recovery and possibly giving that pump feeling which produces the full effect in muscles. I was so excited I ordered my next jar (on Amazon btw). The next 6 or so weeks, I felt more like it was bullcrap than effective. If you have $30ish to try, I suppose it's worth it. But the truth is protein, creatine and BCAAs are about the only real supps that are effective and safe to use, for a younger person anyways.
How long until the recovery effects kicked in? I'll just have to see, because, I too have figured out most supplements are garbage, are currently only have protein, creatine, krill oil, and a multivitamin. I bought bio-gro at GNC yesterday, and I'll try it out for a week or two, if no effects I might just return it. I've tried BCAAs and HMB for recovery, didn't notice much.

fakeazzrock

Awards
I'd say by the 3rd or 4th day I felt pretty good. Also, BCAAs are never a bad thing. Even if you don't feel the effect, it's worth keeping in your routine IMO.

FWIW, how are you noting effects on recovery? If you're doing the same routine, I'd imagine your recovery is pretty good. In my case, I switched to a hypertrophy program and wasn't feeling very sore.

SlavicStrong

Awards
I'd say by the 3rd or 4th day I felt pretty good. Also, BCAAs are never a bad thing. Even if you don't feel the effect, it's worth keeping in your routine IMO.

FWIW, how are you noting effects on recovery? If you're doing the same routine, I'd imagine your recovery is pretty good. In my case, I switched to a hypertrophy program and wasn't feeling very sore.
By how long soreness lasts, for instance, I might train Chest on Monday, and my chest could be sore up until Friday.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any other opinions?
My friend loves bio gro. I've used it before and would throw it in my protein shakes. I'd use about 6-8 scoops a day which will get expensive and I think it's an ok supp. Nothing to go crazy about though. It's worth picking up a tub and seeing how it works for you because every reacts differently.

SlavicStrong

Awards
My friend loves bio gro. I've used it before and would throw it in my protein shakes. I'd use about 6-8 scoops a day which will get expensive and I think it's an ok supp. Nothing to go crazy about though. It's worth picking up a tub and seeing how it works for you because every reacts differently.
Notes on recovery? Strength? Some reviews said muscle and strength increase, but I know companies hire people to write fake reviews, and I know there are really no muscle building supplements on the market, that are safe for someone my age.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It comes down to the fact that there are just much better ways to spend your money.

SlavicStrong

Awards
I already bought Bio-Gro, so I'll give it a shot. It will probably be one of the last supplements I buy in a while, not including protein/creatine. If I feel no recovery effects within 2 weeks, I'll just return it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I already bought Bio-Gro, so I'll give it a shot. It will probably be one of the last supplements I buy in a while, not including protein/creatine. If I feel no recovery effects within 2 weeks, I'll just return it.
Judging by our PMs, you really should get your diet on track and in order. No supplement will make up for a suboptimal diet.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Judging by our PMs, you really should get your diet on track and in order. No supplement will make up for a suboptimal diet.
I know diet is important, and although mines not awful, I think it's pretty good, I am going to plan out my diet, and see how much I'm really eating. If it turns out I overestimated my caloric/protein intake, we can work from there.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used a couple of Bio Gro bottles and definitely felt the fullness and pumped feeling. Can't speak to recovery though. I do remember posting about it on IG and Reddit and was told I couldn't call myself natural anymore when I used a colostrum supplement, so there is that.

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
Lol, the time before cuck blaha and lobliner argued about colostrum...

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
Thanks. That's what we have been trying to tell him on another thread.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Some people just don't want to listen. If your diet is subpar, it would explain why you need "recovery" help. Nothing is going to help with "recovery" if your diet is poop.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Some people just don't want to listen. If your diet is subpar, it would explain why you need "recovery" help. Nothing is going to help with "recovery" if your diet is poop.
Starting tomorrow, I am going to track what I eat all day, and see what my total amount of protein, and calories comes out to. If it is sub-par, then I'll increase it, and see if it makes a recovery difference. As for the Bio-Gro, think I should just return it?

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ma-fkers disgraced CT Fletcher's good name, eff iSatori. Sidewalk Kracka 4 life.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
It's Colostrum. If anyone can explain to me how all the "Bio-Active Peptides" (like oral IGF-1, LOL) survive the Adult Digestive Tract, I'm all ears (eyes). About the only thing it *might* do, is make your digestive tract (ie. the actual intestines it touches) a little bit better at fighting off any inflammation or disease. But I'd personally look at the MUCH CHEAPER various Pro-Biotics (Like L. Reuteri) for gut health.

Scam for Muscle Building.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are other supps you can use for recovery that will work better. Maybe try hmb at a higher dose for starters.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
IMO nothing "natty" really helps much with recovery besides adequate protein intake, water, and sleep.

Sounds like you are in process of addressing your diet issue, but what about sleep? How many hours are you getting in a night on average?

SlavicStrong

Awards
IMO nothing "natty" really helps much with recovery besides adequate protein intake, water, and sleep.

Sounds like you are in process of addressing your diet issue, but what about sleep? How many hours are you getting in a night on average?
I try to get in bed at 9:30, so I can sleep at 10, and I wake up at 6, so about 8 hours.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
i actually feel like it helped with better pump feeling and it seemed like my pressing lifts would go up when using it

i really wasnt expecting much from it and was surprised .... im curious why theres such a wide array of results from taking this with everyone though

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
i actually feel like it helped with better pump feeling and it seemed like my pressing lifts would go up when using it

i really wasnt expecting much from it and was surprised .... im curious why theres such a wide array of results from taking this with everyone though
'Brocebo' effect. It is nothing more than expensive protein for an *adult* human. I bet it works wonders in an infant though :D (but they have mommy, and it's for free, LOL).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 12
Supplements 4