Recovery

SlavicStrong

Awards
Do you know of any recovery supplements you could recommend to a teen? I've tried BCAAs, but those don't work at all for me. I eat a lot, and sleep a lot, but still find that my soreness is high. The BCAAs I have now are powder, maybe pill form is better?

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
If You are tracking your nutrients and are still not recovering, which is darn near impossible as a teen. Then i would look into a good natural anabolic like Titan From Antaeus Labs or Most Wanted Black From Iron Forged Nutrition.

SlavicStrong

Awards
If You are tracking your nutrients and are still not recovering, which is darn near impossible as a teen. Then i would look into a good natural anabolic like Titan From Antaeus Labs or Most Wanted Black From Iron Forged Nutrition.
I train hard, for instance, I'll do chest on Monday, and I might have a sore chest up until Friday/Saturday.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
I train hard, for instance, I'll do chest on Monday, and I might have a sore chest up until Friday/Saturday.
Are you just starting out? Or coming back from a long break? I started lifting at like 17, and I remember getting pretty sore the first couple months, give or take.

SlavicStrong

Awards
I've been training for 8 months, but my frequency has gone down slightly due to school, but still, it's not like I'm taking weeks off from the gym, I got pretty frequently.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
If you're a teen then your test levels should be high, unless you have a condition (i.e., hypogonadism). I'd try adding LCLT to the mix, or look into a product like PES Ergonine or iForce Finish Line.

SlavicStrong

Awards
If you're a teen then your test levels should be high, unless you have a condition (i.e., hypogonadism). I'd try adding LCLT to the mix, or look into a product like PES Ergonine or iForce Finish Line.
I'd say my test levels are high, I made impressive gains in just the first few months of training, and I'm currently stronger and bigger than most kids on our football team. The last time I measured myself, my arms were 15.5 inches while flexing, not too impressive, but its alright. My bench is in the 220s, according to online. I can bench 185 for 8 easily, with no spotter, and 195 for 6, currently working on getting 195 for 8.

My bodyweight is 192, and I grew so fast I have those stretch marks on both my shoulders.

Switchfoot

Switchfoot

Awards
I've been training for 8 months, but my frequency has gone down slightly due to school, but still, it's not like I'm taking weeks off from the gym, I got pretty frequently.
If I have a once a week body part split, I am always sore for a few days mostly because of the volume. Now if I hit each body part twice per week I'm much less sore, maybe not at first but as time goes on. I don't know of any supplement that will stop that.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Natural anabolics? Doesn't sound safe by the name of it.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Natural anabolics? Doesn't sound safe by the name of it.
Nothing wrong with natural anabolics...read up on them, and choose what fits your goals (I.e. What to stack with them, what you can stack to get the most benefits). I personally haven't used them yet, so I can't attest to a certain brand or stack or anything.

Also, how much time are you spending in the gym if you're doing a single body part split? And you mentioned you're on a football team. Are you doing any extra work as far as conditioning, extra strength training with the team/coaches?

SlavicStrong

Awards
Nothing wrong with natural anabolics...read up on them, and choose what fits your goals (I.e. What to stack with them, what you can stack to get the most benefits). I personally haven't used them yet, so I can't attest to a certain brand or stack or anything.

Also, how much time are you spending in the gym if you're doing a single body part split? And you mentioned you're on a football team. Are you doing any extra work as far as conditioning, extra strength training with the team/coaches?
Before I look them up, what are natural anabolics in a basic sense? Also, I am not on the football team, I was just comparing myself to them, because they have been lifting for 3 years, and what they took 3 years to do, I've done in months, and some of them are still lagging behind me. Usually I spend one hour in the gym, and go 5-6 times per week, but I am looking to switch it up, my possibilities are...

Chest/Triceps
Back/Bis
Legs/Shoulders
OR
Chest/Bis
Back/Triceps
Legs/Shoulders

The chest/bis was recommended to me by a trainer, but I'm not so sure about it.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Before I look them up, what are natural anabolics in a basic sense? Also, I am not on the football team, I was just comparing myself to them, because they have been lifting for 3 years, and what they took 3 years to do, I've done in months, and some of them are still lagging behind me. Usually I spend one hour in the gym, and go 5-6 times per week, but I am looking to switch it up, my possibilities are...

Chest/Triceps
Back/Bis
Legs/Shoulders
OR
Chest/Bis
Back/Triceps
Legs/Shoulders

The chest/bis was recommended to me by a trainer, but I'm not so sure about it.
Natural anabolics, boost protein synthesis and help repartitions nutrients like hormonal agents without the side effects accompanied with them long story short.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Natural anabolics, boost protein synthesis and help repartitions nutrients like hormonal agents without the side effects accompanied with them long story short.
But how? Also are they only available online?

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Brother, the search engine works well. This has been answered 1k's of times. Not trying to be a dick i just stated how they work shortly.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Brother, the search engine works well. This has been answered 1k's of times. Not trying to be a dick i just stated how they work shortly.
just lazy, lol. idk though, the name doesn't sound teen friendly.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
I'm confused on how you're confused. As the person you quoted said, they're naturally occurring ingredients that help re-partition nutrients to go directly to damaged tissue therefore upping protein synthesis.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Lazy and fitness doesn't belong in the same sentence. Good Luck my man!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
I can kinda understand where you're coming from, but do some research and you'll see it's no more harmful than what most people consume at a fast food restaurant. Barring any previously existing medical conditions, of course.

SlavicStrong

Awards
I'm confused on how you're confused. As the person you quoted said, they're naturally occurring ingredients that help re-partition nutrients to go directly to damaged tissue therefore upping protein synthesis.
I need to research natural anabolics before I buy them, because I want to find out exactly how they work in the body.

SlavicStrong

Awards
So you recommend natural anabolics for recovery purposes? Do they speed up muscle growth as well? btw I'm gonna' research this on my own soon.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Then why do you keep asking questions??
Okay, okay, one last one for you guys, I see a product at GNC that is marketed like a natural anabolic, called "iSatori Bio-Gro", any thoughts on this?

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you know of any recovery supplements you could recommend to a teen? I've tried BCAAs, but those don't work at all for me. I eat a lot, and sleep a lot, but still find that my soreness is high. The BCAAs I have now are powder, maybe pill form is better?
Try some COP for recovery

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, okay, one last one for you guys, I see a product at GNC that is marketed like a natural anabolic, called "iSatori Bio-Gro", any thoughts on this?
Maybe (and a BIG maybe) at mega doses. In other words, unless its a blowout sale, don't bother.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Try (-)epi. Lots of people get good endurance and recovery from it

SlavicStrong

Awards
Maybe (and a BIG maybe) at mega doses. In other words, unless its a blowout sale, don't bother.
I looked up best natural anabolics, and that Bio-Gro came up on the list, so that's the only reason why I looked it up.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
Lifting for 8 months good numbers for someone in high school (i am assuming ) I would just eat more putting on size and strength will never be easier than it is now

I read all the post you never said how your diet was. What's your macro breakdown? Are you eating enough carbs and protein? Those are the things I will look at first.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd go with a natural anabolic. Maybe an epicatechin/laxogenin product would be good. Also make sure you're getting in your macros and water intake is good.

SlavicStrong

Awards
Lifting for 8 months good numbers for someone in high school (i am assuming ) I would just eat more putting on size and strength will never be easier than it is now

I read all the post you never said how your diet was. What's your macro breakdown? Are you eating enough carbs and protein? Those are the things I will look at first.
I eat a lot of protein, that's for sure, and I do eat a lot. I usually have protein in all my meals, not to mention in my family, we always have a protein food for dinner, either steak, chicken, usually a meat.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
I eat a lot of protein, that's for sure, and I do eat a lot. I usually have protein in all my meals, not to mention in my family, we always have a protein food for dinner, either steak, chicken, usually a meat.
Not being mean or a jerk but it might not be enough. That's great you have protein in all meals and you eat a lot. But you might need more I would start keeping track of you macros

SlavicStrong

Awards
Not being mean or a jerk but it might not be enough. That's great you have protein in all meals and you eat a lot. But you might need more I would start keeping track of you macros
Maybe I should, but I don't think the food is the problem, I think I do gain weight fast, I am currently at 193 pounds, about.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe I should, but I don't think the food is the problem, I think I do gain weight fast, I am currently at 193 pounds, about.
Do you track your macros? Are you good at eyeballing food? If not, check your diet. Or maybe your training sucks and you're doing too much unnecessary volume. Supplements should not be relied on at all. Post your diet/training here, or PM me and I'll help you out. Give me your training maxes/whatever maxes you want for some of your main lifts (Bench/Squat/Overhead Press/Deadlift) and how long you've been training.