D-bal legitimacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graevin

Awards
Hey guys, I'm new here and just trying to learn what to take and how to take it safely. I've been working out for about two years now and I feel like I've hit a plateau. I'll list stats below. So my point here is to see what supplements I should take on top of my whey and creatine. I don't have a way, that I know of, to get a hold of the "real" supplements I want so that led me to here. A company called CrazyBulk has a product they've named D-bal which is supposed to be a safe, risk free alternative to Dianabol. This sounds like all load of BS because if it were, no one would use the real deal. But on the off chance I'm wrong, has anyone had experience with it? I just want something that is going to help get me some serious gains. It's almost gotten to the point to where I'm not motivated anymore. Also, any advice on other supplements are welcome. I generally don't go for gnc bull****. I've never had results from anything I've gotten there.

Height: 5'10
Weight: 187lbs
Training: 2 years, 5 days a week, 90 min per day, 30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week

Supplements: ON micronized creatine and ON 100% gold standard whey

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty brother, your a little young to be fcking with your hormones... please wait a couple more years. In the mean time there are some awesome natty anabolics out there that you'd get great gains from!!! No joke.

Research xgels, phosphatic acid, epicatechin and laxogenin... none will effect your HPTA and you'll be pleased with the results.

It's worth it to try these products before making the plunge into using gear.

Graevin

Awards
In all honesty brother, your a little young to be fcking with your hormones... please wait a couple more years. In the mean time there are some awesome natty anabolics out there that you'd get great gains from!!! No joke.

Research xgels, phosphatic acid, epicatechin and laxogenin... none will effect your HPTA and you'll be pleased with the results.

I appreciate the quick response, man. I'll definitely look into those. Assuming they won't break the bank (still in college) I'll give them a shot after some research. I'd much rather stay safe than doing anything hard. It just gets you down after about 5 months of no improvement even after changing up your routine and diet.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
No!!!!!!! These "natural alternatives to steroids" are TOTAL, COMPLETE and BOGUS supplements that are absolutely worth nothing. Read the ingredients and if you don't know what they are, look them up. Here's a break down of what's inside CrazyBulk D-bal:

Whey protein concentrate: 150mg
So basically that whey protein shake you have? Probably around 25g p/scoop? That's 25,000mg of protein. So one serving of d-Bal has 0.6% the same amount of protein. You would need to take 167 servings of d-bal to equal 1, yes ONE scoop of protein powder. That's 5 and 1/2 of bottles, or $330, to equal the amount of protein in 3 eggs.

Next ingredients are Isoluecine, Valine and Luecine. These are BCAA's (branched chain amino acids). Now BCAA's have some real benefits, but the dosing in the d-bal is 100mg, 100mg and 25mg respectively. Now lots of protein powders have BCAA's already in them. Most of those have about 5g per servings, at the ratio of 2,000mg, 2,000mg and 1,000mg respectively. So the d-bal has 5%, 5% and 2.5% the dosage of BCAA's as would a regular protein supplement. Again you would need to take 20 servings of d-bal to equal 1 scoop of a BCCA supplement, or like a said lots of proteins these days that already contain them.

Ok and the next ingredient is Tribulus. It's a natural testosterone booster and is found as a main ingredient in lots and lots of test boosters. The catch again though is the dosing. It has only 25mg. Primeval Labs Mega Test for example has 750mg per serving. So again the d-bal contains a mere 3.3% of the tribulus that a reputable test booster has. You would need to take a FULL bottle of d-bal to equal the amount of tribulus found in one serving of Mega Test. A month supply at that rate would cost you $1,800 of d-bal.

All in all, these "natural steroid alternatives" are so far off from being an effective supplement, they're really just a complete hoax. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably a **** product based on the name.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established

This ^^

No sense skipping the good natty stuff if you've yet to try them. Especially at your age.

I would at least give them a try first and if you respond well to anything, cycle them for a good couple years at least.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
It's exactly like taking a a single Aspirin, cutting it into 100 pieces, and then selling one of those tiny little pieces as "Pharmaceutical Grade Morphine". It's a joke dude.

Graevin

Awards
No!!!!!!! These "natural alternatives to steroids" are TOTAL, COMPLETE and BOGUS supplements that are absolutely worth nothing. Read the ingredients and if you don't know what they are, look them up. Here's a break down of what's inside CrazyBulk D-bal:

Whey protein concentrate: 150mg
So basically that whey protein shake you have? Probably around 25g p/scoop? That's 25,000mg of protein. So one serving of d-Bal has 0.6% the same amount of protein. You would need to take 167 servings of d-bal to equal 1, yes ONE scoop of protein powder. That's 5 and 1/2 of bottles, or $330, to equal the amount of protein in 3 eggs.

Next ingredients are Isoluecine, Valine and Luecine. These are BCAA's (branched chain amino acids). Now BCAA's have some real benefits, but the dosing in the d-bal is 100mg, 100mg and 25mg respectively. Now lots of protein powders have BCAA's already in them. Most of those have about 5g per servings, at the ratio of 2,000mg, 2,000mg and 1,000mg respectively. So the d-bal has 5%, 5% and 2.5% the dosage of BCAA's as would a regular protein supplement. Again you would need to take 20 servings of d-bal to equal 1 scoop of a BCCA supplement, or like a said lots of proteins these days that already contain them.

Ok and the next ingredient is Tribulus. It's a natural testosterone booster and is found as a main ingredient in lots and lots of test boosters. The catch again though is the dosing. It has only 25mg. Primeval Labs Mega Test for example has 750mg per serving. So again the d-bal contains a mere 3.3% of the tribulus that a reputable test booster has. You would need to take a FULL bottle of d-bal to equal the amount of tribulus found in one serving of Mega Test. A month supply at that rate would cost you $1,800 of d-bal.

All in all, these "natural steroid alternatives" are so far off from being an effective supplement, they're really just a complete hoax. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY
I imagined as such. It was too cheap and too good to be true.

Graevin

Awards
This ^^

No sense skipping the good natty stuff if you've yet to try them. Especially at your age.

I would at least give them a try first and if you respond well to anything, cycle them for a good couple years at least.
Definitely going to look into them. And uhh...by natty you mean natural? Or is that a company or something. Totally ignorant in some of this stuff.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Oh and dude what's going to get you the most serious gains are hard work, and good food. Nothing else. Creatine, protein sups, test boosters, fat burners, n.o. sups, ANYTHING short of actual steroids, it's all just adding small gains to the hard work and good food necessary to get swole.

Your a human. And a guy. It's like already having the keys to a Ferrari. You don't need things like new rims, racing seats, new exhaust, etc. to still burn laps like a mad man! That's all these natty sups are. Sure they help. Sometimes a lot. But the point is you still got a kick a** Ferrari engine under the hood and YOU just need to learn how to drive it.

Steroids? Well that's like upgrading the engine, suspension, boosting horsepower by 50% and hiring Mario Andretti as a racing coach....but hey.....that's a different ball game lol

Graevin

Awards
Oh and dude what's going to get you the most serious gains are hard work, and good food. Nothing else. Creatine, protein sups, test boosters, fat burners, n.o. sups, ANYTHING short of actual steroids, it's all just adding small gains to the hard work and good food necessary to get swole.

Your a human. And a guy. It's like already having the keys to a Ferrari. You don't need things like new rims, racing seats, new exhaust, etc. to still burn laps like a mad man! That's all these natty sups are. Sure they help. Sometimes a lot. But the point is you still got a kick a** Ferrari engine under the hood and YOU just need to learn how to drive it.

Steroids? Well that's like upgrading the engine, suspension, boosting horsepower by 50% and hiring Mario Andretti as a racing coach....but hey.....that's a different ball game lol
Probably couldn't handle a Ferrari if my life depended on it lol

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
And in all honesty when you say your getting unmotivated to hit the gym, to me it looks like your over doing it man.. cut the cardio down if you want to put mass on for starters.

You could also try different training approaches. Some guys are loving HST (hypertrophic specific training). Maybe give something like HST a shot while taking Xgels or PA??

There's other ways to get motivated besides taking drugs bro... Not saying that you should never touch gear, but really when you do run a cycle, "not being motivated" should not be the reason for doing it. You will most likely be unmotivated in PCT and loose all your gains if you don't develop the mental fortitude needed to train like someone who runs steroids trains.

Get your diet and training in check!!! Do tons and tons of research, try different training approaches and natty sups, then run a cycle ONCE YOU GET A REAL SERM and have your whole PCT lined out.

Just my .02

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably couldn't handle a Ferrari if my life depended on it lol
Haha, that's why you don't want to twin turbo it and take it to Nürburgring yet.

Regardless of age, I feel many people start using steroids too early in their lifting journeys. The issue with this is that they'll make progress even with suboptimal training and diet, but even with the chemical assistance, they will plateau soon enough, and likely either throw in the towel or keep adding more gear, not realizing that they just need to figure out their diet and training, something that a natural lifter needs to figure out if they want to make any real progress beyond initial beginner gains.

Graevin

Awards
And in all honesty when you say your getting unmotivated to hit the gym, to me it looks like your over doing it man.. cut the cardio down if you want to put mass on for starters.

You could also try different training approaches. Some guys are loving HST (hypertrophic specific training). Maybe give something like HST a shot while taking Xgels or PA??

There's other ways to get motivated besides taking drugs bro... Not saying that you should never touch gear, but really when you do run a cycle, "not being motivated" should not be the reason for doing it. You will most likely be unmotivated in PCT and loose all your gains if you don't develop the mental fortitude needed to train like someone who runs steroids trains.

Get your diet and training in check!!! Do tons and tons of research, try different training approaches and natty sups, then run a cycle ONCE YOU GET A REAL SERM and have your whole PCT lined out.

Just my .02
Fair enough. I'm thinking about cutting cardio down to 3 days a week instead of every day. It's easily my least favorite thing to do.

Graevin

Awards
Haha, that's why you don't want to twin turbo it and take it to Nürburgring yet.

Regardless of age, I feel many people start using steroids too early in their lifting journeys. The issue with this is that they'll make progress even with suboptimal training and diet, but even with the chemical assistance, they will plateau soon enough, and likely either throw in the towel or keep adding more gear, not realizing that they just need to figure out their diet and training, something that a natural lifter needs to figure out if they want to make any real progress beyond initial beginner gains.
Diet is probably the game changer in my case. I live in BFE Arkansas. Town of like 5000 people. I eat as healthy as a broke ass college student in the middle of nowhere where can. Any diet suggestions? I've done plenty of research over the years but there's no research providing information that I need and do not already know.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Diet is probably the game changer in my case. I live in BFE Arkansas. Town of like 5000 people. I eat as healthy as a broke ass college student in the middle of nowhere where can. Any diet suggestions? I've done plenty of research over the years but there's no research providing information that I need and do not already know.
Lol bud it's about getting your kcal intake adjusted based on your goals and your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE.) There are online TDEE calculators you should use. Then figure out your macros. Then get a calorie counter app in your phone and keep track of every fcking meal for months... then see what the weight gain or loss trend is compared to your diet and adjust

Graevin

Awards
Lol bud it's about getting your kcal intake adjusted based on your goals and your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE.) There are online TDEE calculators you should use. Then figure out your macros. Then get a calorie counter app in your phone and keep track of every fcking meal for months... then see what the weight gain or loss trend is compared to your diet and adjust
Apparently I haven't done enough research lol. I found a TDEE calculator that seems pretty good. Also thinking about doubling up on whey. Unless there's only a certain amount my body will absorb before it discards the rest. Just need to do more research. I feel like a damn test subject now.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Apparently I haven't done enough research lol. I found a TDEE calculator that seems pretty good. Also thinking about doubling up on whey. Unless there's only a certain amount my body will absorb before it discards the rest. Just need to do more research. I feel like a damn test subject now.
Haha! Dude, the research is one of the most fun parts. Just finding answers or something you don't already know can motivate you as well. As far as diet goes for now, start with your basic protein sources and make sure you get at least 1g per lb of bodyweight per day.

I wouldn't do more than 2 protein shakes per day.

Edit: Also make sure you get at least a gallon of water in you per day.

Main goal I would focus on is getting your diet in check from here, and in the meantime do your natty research to figure out what you want to try and come up with a plan.

And use this site for questions, just as you have. Tons of people are willing to help you on here!

Graevin

Awards
Haha! Dude, the research is one of the most fun parts. Just finding answers or something you don't already know can motivate you as well. As far as diet goes for now, start with your basic protein sources and make sure you get at least 1g per lb of bodyweight per day.

I wouldn't do more than 2 protein shakes per day.

Edit: Also make sure you get at least a gallon of water in you per day.

Main goal I would focus on is getting your diet in check from here, and in the meantime do your natty research to figure out what you want to try and come up with a plan.

And use this site for questions, just as you have. Tons of people are willing to help you on here!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.