Favorite creatine?

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
So I'm looking to add creatine to my regimen. I was wondering if there is a golden standard , popular creatine that everyone seems to like. Kinda like in the bcaa world where xtend is boss. Thanks so much everyone :)

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I think monohydrate would be the gold standard. Plenty of reputable companies out there though.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bulk. Monohydrate.

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
Any Creatine Monohydrate. Whatever is on sale.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can't beat SNS Creatine Mono. You can get 1200 grams for $12.99 at Nutraplanet.

We also carry Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Creatine HCl.

I like MCC because it gives me extra magnesium, which a lot of people are deficient in. Creatine HCl can assist with bloating, if you typically experience bloating with mono.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Mono is cheap and affective, but I am about to start a tub of PES TruCreatine.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Micronized creapure or creatine monohydrate is the most studied, time tested, and economical form of creatine. However, if you are a non responder or experience any side effects such as water retention, cramping, bloating, stomach upset, etc, you may want to try alternative forms that are also effective but slightly more expensive. Creatine HCL and Magnesium Creatine Chelate are effective and cost a tad bit more and each offer there own benefits. If buying in bulk, the price difference should be minimal.

Also no need to do a loading phase. Just take 2.0-3.0 grams daily and you will hit saturation eventually. Then just take 3 grams on training days. This should minimize any possible side effects and let you know if you need to adjust the dose.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
MCC is my favorite.

SNS Mono for $14 for 1200 grams(over year supply) is the most bang for your buck.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Thanks everyone!

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'm looking to add creatine to my regimen. I was wondering if there is a golden standard , popular creatine that everyone seems to like. Kinda like in the bcaa world where xtend is boss. Thanks so much everyone :)
Creatine monohydrate...it's the only one proven time and time and time again to be truly effective through research. Cheap and effective.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, mono is what you want to go with, but it is hard to beat the value of PowerMax XT.

A 2.5 gram dose of TMG. Betaine is a added for its ability to enhance power, endurance, as well as protein synthesis. It may also alleviate muscle soreness and support creatine production in the body. Also, TMG can aid in improving body composition.

At the end of the six weeks the bodybuilders who had taken betaine had lost a couple of percent fat mass. On top of that, the betaine supplementation also resulted in a significant increase in lean body mass. The scans that the researchers did showed that the bodybuilders in the betaine group had also gained more muscle in their arms.
http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html

A quarter of an hour after the workout, the concentration of cortisol in the subjects' blood was a little lower when they had taken betaine than when they took the placebo, the researchers discovered.

The hormonal effects of betaine suggest that anabolic processes are at work – and this is exactly what the researchers saw when they looked at the activity of anabolic signalling proteins in the muscle cell samples. Post workout the researchers observed increased activity of the anabolic signalling molecules Akt and p70-S6k.
http://www.ergo-log.com/the-anabolic-effect-of-betaine.html

Six-weeks of betaine supplementation improved body composition, arm size, bench press work capacity, attenuated the rise in urinary HCTL, and tended to improve power (p = .07) but not strength.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3844502/

A full dose of L-Alanyl L-Glutamine to increase recovery. By adding l-alanyl, it helps the glutamine bypass the stomach, so it is better absorbed than regular glutamine.

PowerMax XT contains both COP and Amento. Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP). COP prevents the pH level in skeletal muscle from bottoming out and thereby creating an acidic environment, which is felt as a “burning sensation.” Offsetting this drop in pH enables working muscles to keep firing long after they normally would. This could help keep your strength up during a set, by allowing you to prolong that set. Amento can lead better performance during training, think strength and endurance.

Yes, this is more than just a creatine product, but given the benefits of the other ingredients, I would make this a staple. You are only looking at a dollar a day per serving and currently Nutriverse has 20% off PowerMax XT.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, mono is what you want to go with, but it is hard to beat the value of PowerMax XT.

A 2.5 gram dose of TMG. Betaine is a added for its ability to enhance power, endurance, as well as protein synthesis. It may also alleviate muscle soreness and support creatine production in the body. Also, TMG can aid in improving body composition.

http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html

http://www.ergo-log.com/the-anabolic-effect-of-betaine.html

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3844502/

A full dose of L-Alanyl L-Glutamine to increase recovery. By adding l-alanyl, it helps the glutamine bypass the stomach, so it is better absorbed than regular glutamine.

PowerMax XT contains both COP and Amento. Creatinol-O-Phosphate (COP). COP prevents the pH level in skeletal muscle from bottoming out and thereby creating an acidic environment, which is felt as a “burning sensation.” Offsetting this drop in pH enables working muscles to keep firing long after they normally would. This could help keep your strength up during a set, by allowing you to prolong that set. Amento can lead better performance during training, think strength and endurance.

Yes, this is more than just a creatine product, but given the benefits of the other ingredients, I would make this a staple. You are only looking at a dollar a day per serving and currently Nutriverse has 20% off PowerMax XT.
I do agree, PowerMax XT is a great product :)