Active tr Bcaa

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have noticed many companies claiming this is the new big thing for muscle building to use with regular leucine. Wouldn't something like alpha gpc be better for muscle growth than a time release leucine ? Leucine triggers mtor but does alpha gpc do the same thing or two different mechanisms for a combo?
Also why not sip on bcaa threw out the day any way.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Sipping on BCAAs isn't the ideal way to use them as far as I'm aware since they aren't going to be constantly increasing protein synthesis. I'm guessing the "time released" aspect is supposed to act the way casein does in comparison to whey. Alpha GPC is supposed to increase GH not trigger mtor as far as I know.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I though it's mtor that triggers the muscles to grow via mps. Is there more than one way to grow besides the activation of mtor .

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sipping on BCAAs isn't the ideal way to use them as far as I'm aware since they aren't going to be constantly increasing protein synthesis. I'm guessing the "time released" aspect is supposed to act the way casein does in comparison to whey. Alpha GPC is supposed to increase GH not trigger mtor as far as I know.
If I consume 3 grams of active tr leucine and it's time released and it takes 3 grams to trigger mtor in one sitting and now it's released over several hours is that logical. Seems more like marketing to me.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Leucine does have benefits to muscle building. I think it's more of a study vs marketing when it comes to how much it benefits. Time released would make more sense to use rather than a one shot, but without data who knows. Leucine is worth using without, just the muscle building question. Overall it will aid in lean mass, if even for a small amount.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes so like most people why not eat 3-4 meals a day that have leucine in it? It's like manually releasing aminos threw out the day . I would do cottage cheese at night for slow release but I think the cost does not justify it wouldn't you ageee. It's more than double the cost than regular leucine