Nitrates

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Which type/form of nitrate is best to use pre-workout to increase and enhance muscle pumps?

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I really enjoy potassium nitrate and arginine nitrate. I would suggest using a supplement with each one to see what you prefer better. Some people report one promotes pumps better than another, but this is based on the individual. I personally enjoy arginine a little more.Here is also a good thread from the past.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/260645-coops-corner-9-a.html
Great read, thank you.
What do you think about the profile of Cellucor's NO3 Chrome?
Screenshot_2016-12-26-21-46-20-1.png

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as it's a salt you're good. Coop liked Arginine nitrate due to the possibility of it reducing nitrate tolerance.

No3 chrome is fine if you have it on hand. The vascularity blend is a joke but the nitrate dose is fine.

I personally rotate between high volume or hydro3 (if I want caps) for my two nitrate products and they always deliver.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Great read, thank you.
What do you think about the profile of Cellucor's NO3 Chrome?
The formula isn't terrible, but there are much better options out there for your money. As Afi140 mentioned, High Volume and Hydro3 would both be good choices for a nitrate pump product. I would also recommend checking out VasoMax, which is a new product to the non-stim nitrate lineup. VasoMax contains 810mg of MaxNOx (potassium nitrate), along with several other great pump ingredients including Hydromax, GSNO, and ingredients to improve focus and mental clarity

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IFN Potassium Nitrate is the most affordable nitrate source on the market, hands down

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
All going to work the same they are just bound differently, so in some products the amount of nitrates will vary.

I tend to use mostly potassium nitrates, as they are fairly inexpensive.

I really enjoy potassium nitrate and arginine nitrate. I would suggest using a supplement with each one to see what you prefer better. Some people report one promotes pumps better than another, but this is based on the individual. I personally enjoy arginine a little more.Here is also a good thread from the past.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/260645-coops-corner-9-a.html
I think the whole self reporting largely is placebo but possibly the amount of nitrates are off they might use the bulk amount but the nitrates supplied differs so placebo and inconsistency in amounts of ( types/bound ) nitrates perhaps?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like using high volume. Great product if you want nitrates. I will also use noxygen by purus labs every once in awhile.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
As long as it's a salt you're good. Coop liked Arginine nitrate due to the possibility of it reducing nitrate tolerance.

No3 chrome is fine if you have it on hand. The vascularity blend is a joke but the nitrate dose is fine.

I personally rotate between high volume or hydro3 (if I want caps) for my two nitrate products and they always deliver.
The formula isn't terrible, but there are much better options out there for your money. As Afi140 mentioned, High Volume and Hydro3 would both be good choices for a nitrate pump product. I would also recommend checking out VasoMax, which is a new product to the non-stim nitrate lineup. VasoMax contains 810mg of MaxNOx (potassium nitrate), along with several other great pump ingredients including Hydromax, GSNO, and ingredients to improve focus and mental clarity
IFN Potassium Nitrate is the most affordable nitrate source on the market, hands down
All going to work the same they are just bound differently, so in some products the amount of nitrates will vary.

I tend to use mostly potassium nitrates, as they are fairly inexpensive.
What's the optimal dose of Potassium Nitrate?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great read, thank you.
What do you think about the profile of Cellucor's NO3 Chrome?View attachment 143545
The nitrate is at a nice amount, but that vascuairty complex is a joke.

If you look at the company promo section, we are offering a chance to log VasoMax, which contains nitrates and hydromax, as John stated. Throw an app in!

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
The nitrate is at a nice amount, but that vascuairty complex is a joke.

If you look at the company promo section, we are offering a chance to log VasoMax, which contains nitrates and hydromax, as John stated. Throw an app in!
I was going to order VasoMax but wasn't able to get any sample sizes, to try it out first. I already tried applying, but the logging opportunity isn't available to us U.K bro's.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer potassium nitrates....I get better pumps from potassium nitrates, I know everyone says a nitrate is a nitrate but creatine and arginine nitrates don't seem to have the same effect for me

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much potassium nitrate do you use for pre-workout?
I'd aim for at least 400mg nitrates (effective in studies), but not more than 1000mg (which isn't even necessary either). More isn't always better, as a dose of 1.4g nitrates significantly reduced blood pressure, but elsewhere, 1g did not. Since potassium nitrate is ~60% nitrate (I forget the exact number), that'd be at least 667mg potassium nitrate (yielding around 400mg nitrates). Right now I'm using Vasomax, which has 810mg potassium nitrate, yielding just under 500mg nitrates, and that's plenty, especially when combined with anything else for pump/endurance.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I'd aim for at least 400mg nitrates (effective in studies), but not more than 1000mg (which isn't even necessary either). More isn't always better, as a dose of 1.4g nitrates significantly reduced blood pressure, but elsewhere, 1g did not. Since potassium nitrate is ~60% nitrate (I forget the exact number), that'd be at least 667mg potassium nitrate (yielding around 400mg nitrates). Right now I'm using Vasomax, which has 810mg potassium nitrate, yielding just under 500mg nitrates, and that's plenty, especially when combined with anything else for pump/endurance.
So I want to dose about 600mg-750mg/ (4-5 caps of Iforce's Potassium Nitrate) for the best nitrate yield and results yeah?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I want to dose about 700mg of potassium nitrate for the best nitrate yield and results yeah?
That's a good spot for most people. I'd definitely start around that area before trying anything higher. Some people like a little bit more, but it all depends on the person, the product used, and your budget. 700mg potassium nitrate isn't the best dose, as in more isn't going to be any more effective, but it's definitely a solid dose.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
That's a good spot for most people. I'd definitely start around that area before trying anything higher. Some people like a little bit more, but it all depends on the person, the product used, and your budget. 700mg potassium nitrate isn't the best dose, as in more isn't going to be any more effective, but it's definitely a solid dose.
Thanks man, Repped.
I'll start at 4 caps (600mg) and work from there.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man, Repped.
I'll start at 4 caps (600mg) and work from there.
No problem man. That's a good idea, but also, if you've never used nitrates before, follow the instructions on whatever product you're using to assess tolerance. Just as a precaution.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, I don't know about that. The recommended dose on IFN potassium nitrate is 2 caps. I'd start there because I can tell you it is very effective at that dose and when I've taken 3-4 it was not twice as good and makes me a bit light headed.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man, I don't know about that. The recommended dose on IFN potassium nitrate is 2 caps. I'd start there because I can tell you it is very effective at that dose and when I've taken 3-4 it was not twice as good and makes me a bit light headed.
Definitely start low to assess tolerance. IFN's Potassium nitrate recommends starting with 1-2 caps to assess tolerance, before moving to 1-4 caps. I personally handle and enjoy a bit more than that, but everyone is different. I think I went up to 5-6 caps of IFN.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I'll just have to play around with it a little to find which dose suits me best. I don't mind a bit of trial and error

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
So I want to dose about 600mg-750mg/ (4-5 caps of Iforce's Potassium Nitrate) for the best nitrate yield and results yeah?
That's a good start, I would start on the lower end of that and go up. Find what works best for you as what I or someone else uses might be too much for you or too little.

I tend to use 4 caps myself

Would also not discount carbs or water which will have a fairly large impact as well

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah this is a good baseline to follow....when I take potassium nitrate I dont' tend to overdue it and dont' see a need too.....I never noticed lessening pumps with the same amounts of nitrates so I just stuck with the same dosing throughout the whole bottle

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nitratene which is a trademarked version of Sodium Nitrate. Can be found in Noxygen & N Vein

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone know per 1000mg how much is nitrate in Arginine Nitrate?

Any help appreciated

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone know per 1000mg how much is nitrate in Arginine Nitrate?

Any help appreciated
arginine molecular weight = 174.2 g/mol
nitrate molecular weight = 62.0049 g/mol

174.2 + 62.0049 = 236.2049

Arginine nitrate = 26.25% nitate / 73.75% arginine

1000mg of arginine nitrate = 262.5mg of nitrates

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
arginine molecular weight = 174.2 g/mol
nitrate molecular weight = 62.0049 g/mol

174.2 + 62.0049 = 236.2049

Arginine nitrate = 26.25% nitate / 73.75% arginine

1000mg of arginine nitrate = 262.5mg of nitrates
And how much Nitrate would be in iforce potassium nitrate at 4 caps?

Thanks for working that out for me bro. Really appreciate as I had no idea.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I found iForce Max Out with its potassium nitrate dose to be about perfect for both workout pumps and a long-lasting pump.

I like the Cellucor NO3 powder, it’s not earth-shattering but good enough and frequently on BOGO deals