Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
anyone ever tried this ingredient?...precision research has this for a decent price, I was thinking of trying it.

JakeAntaeus

JakeAntaeus

Awards
Examine doesn't mention this, but celastrol, a triterpene in the extract, may be an effective anti-androgen. It rather potently destabilizes the HSP90 chaperone protein, which ultimately leads to the destabilization and degradation of androgen receptor proteins. HSP90 is also important to the function of other nuclear receptors and cellular signalling processes, so this effect is not AR-specific.

"As a HSP90 inhibitor, celastrol decreases many HSP90 client proteins including Akt, Cdk4, FLT3, EGFR, BCR-ABL and androgen receptor (AR), but the mechanisms underlying remain largely unknown."
(From "The Main Anticancer Bullets of the Chinese Medicinal Herb, Thunder God Vine", doi: 10.3390/molecules16065283)

There are more details at:

-"Celastrol Inhibits Hsp90 Chaperoning of Steroid Receptors by Inducing Fibrillization of the Co-chaperone p23", doi: 10.1074/jbc.M109.081018
-"Gene expression signature-based chemical genomic prediction identifies a novel class of HSP90 pathway modulators" doi: 10.1016/j.ccr.2006.09.005

There are, additionally, many other papers on this subject. The bottom-line, I suppose, is that celastrol may be interesting as a chemotherapeutic lead compound, but I certainly wouldn't supplement with it -- or any extract that contains meaningful levels of it.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I dont like it, from what I have read on examine. Focal liver necrosis(it subsides though and returns to previous state-hopefully I will add) and anti-fertility properties under-unknown-variables.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks guys!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date