• Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the difference?

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I could be wrong but I think I read betaine hcl does nothing for performance. Protein digestion only is my assumption

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TMG=betaine anhydrous is what you want for performance and cognitive benefits. HCl had some benefits of TMG but mostly only used for digestion.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tmg vs betaine anhydrous

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So trimethlycine is the technical name in guessing . What is the difference between tmg and tmg anhydrous

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is the difference?
TMG=betaine anhydrous is what you want for performance and cognitive benefits. HCl had some benefits of TMG but mostly only used for digestion.
^^^ What this fella said. HCl is more for digestive issues and shouldn't be used in high doses due to the HCl in it. TMG= Betaine anhydrous, which is what you want for performance benefits.

So trimethlycine is the technical name in guessing . What is the difference between tmg and tmg anhydrous
They are literally the same thing, anhydrous= means no water, so it literally means TMG without water...which is TMG.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay. Iv seen both that's why I ask.im going with 1500mg is that efficacious enough ? I know some people go as much as 2500mg.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay. Iv seen both that's why I ask.im going with 1500mg is that efficacious enough ? I know some people go as much as 2500mg.
People tend to go with 2500 mg because that's the dose one of the most recent studies with a positive outcome used

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can I get away with 1500

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Plus the study was done 1250 twice a day I believe .

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes but its saturation based so doesn't really matter if you split the dose or not. Splitting dose is generally better to avoid stomach issues

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can only fit so much in my bottle before I put to much .

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Either go twice a day at 1.25 grams or just a single dose at 2.5 grams. I would aim for 2.5 grams daily though, here are some good reads.

http://www.ergo-log.com/betaine-gives-bodybuilders-more-muscle-and-less-fat.html

Bodybuilders who take a daily 2.5 g betaine [structural formula shown here] for six weeks will improve their body composition. Sports scientists from Coastal Carolina University draw this conclusion in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition.
http://www.ergo-log.com/the-anabolic-effect-of-betaine.html

Athletes who take 2.5 g betaine daily and do intensive training increase their body's anabolic response to the workout. Sports scientists from the University of Connecticut write about the phenomenon in the European Journal of Applied Physiology
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3844502/