Thoughts on a Recomp Stack for the New Year...

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fairly simple...if you have any additions, subtractions would be greatly appreciated. I cannot stomach, literally, forskollin so I'm trying to stay away with anything that carries that.

CEL M-Test (or K1ngs Blood which I'm on now)
Follidrone 2.0
X-Gels

Bloodshr3d

PES Select

Maybe add in Tr1umph, not sure how that's dosed or when but I've heard good things.

Many thanks!

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Epic is anti inflatmatory, not the best with ARA

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Think I read on here not to run x-gels and FD2 together as x-gels is an inflammatory and FD2 is an anti-inflammatory.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a plan. Maybe add some reduce Xt for cortisol support.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
As others have mentioned above, it may not be wise to stack FD2 and X-Gels. I would swap out FD2 for Tr1umph if I were you, that'd be a killer stack. You can dose them together 45-60 minutes preworkout, but I responded well with stacking those two.

Diet will really be the key determining factor in a successful recomp. I think your stack setup seems pretty solid, but make sure your nutrition is on point so you're at a slight deficit, but nothing too extreme.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
What is recomp?
Some would say it is a mythical beast that rides a Unicorn :D

Seriously though, depending on your starting BF%/Experience, it is eating at a caloric level where you burn fat but add muscle at the same time - basically taking the energy from the triglycerides and using it for protein synthesis - not an easy feat for a lean, experienced guy.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for all the replies. I'll cut the Follidrone 2.0 for another time.

K1ngs Blood is great. Strength is up, morning wood, deep sleep. I enjoy trying varied supplements so it's why I suggested M-Test. I may swap it with K1ngs Blood.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As others have mentioned above, it may not be wise to stack FD2 and X-Gels. I would swap out FD2 for Tr1umph if I were you, that'd be a killer stack. You can dose them together 45-60 minutes preworkout, but I responded well with stacking those two.

Diet will really be the key determining factor in a successful recomp. I think your stack setup seems pretty solid, but make sure your nutrition is on point so you're at a slight deficit, but nothing too extreme.
I am not too familiar with Tr1umph but how is this dosed exactly and when? What are it's main key properties/positives...

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I am not too familiar with Tr1umph but how is this dosed exactly and when? What are it's main key properties/positives...
I'm sure an Olympus rep could give a better explanation than me, but Tr1umph is a PA product that contains an additional wealth of daily ergogenic ingredients (creatine, betaine, l-carnitine) and much more. I would definitely read up on PA supplementation, as it has many benefits for those interested in building muscle and gaining strength. There's a ton of good information on the forum.

As far as dosing, its recommend that you take one serving 30-60 minutes before training. PA has been studied to help with focus and mTOR activation, which can attribute to increased protein synthesis, as well as muscle and strength gain. The other ingredients are also beneficial when taken before training to improve endurance, performance, and focus. And on top of that, the stuff tastes freakin delicious.

Although I'm not an OL rep, Tr1umph is a pretty stellar product IMO. Definitely worth giving it a try

IrishWolfboy

IrishWolfboy

Awards
Can anyone help a brother out with a go to guy

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm sure an Olympus rep could give a better explanation than me, but Tr1umph is a PA product that contains an additional wealth of daily ergogenic ingredients (creatine, betaine, l-carnitine) and much more. I would definitely read up on PA supplementation, as it has many benefits for those interested in building muscle and gaining strength. There's a ton of good information on the forum.

As far as dosing, its recommend that you take one serving 30-60 minutes before training. PA has been studied to help with focus and mTOR activation, which can attribute to increased protein synthesis, as well as muscle and strength gain. The other ingredients are also beneficial when taken before training to improve endurance, performance, and focus. And on top of that, the stuff tastes freakin delicious.

Although I'm not an OL rep, Tr1umph is a pretty stellar product IMO. Definitely worth giving it a try
Ha, sorry I thought you were an OL rep but I appreciate the help! I will definitely look into all this!

Alphamax XT was my first choice before M-TEST (I even have it in my notes) but I saw it has Coleus forskohlii and I just can't do that.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Ha, sorry I thought you were an OL rep but I appreciate the help! I will definitely look into all this!

Alphamax XT was my first choice before M-TEST (I even have it in my notes) but I saw it has Coleus forskohlii and I just can't do that.
No worries man. OL makes some great products, Tr1umph is one of my favorites. And I'm glad you took a look at Alphamax XT! I definitely wouldn't recommend it to you if you're sensitive to forskolin though, you'd be miserable haha

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Think I read on here not to run x-gels and FD2 together as x-gels is an inflammatory and FD2 is an anti-inflammatory.
The epicatechin in FD2 is an anti-inflammatory, but it shouldn't bother x-gels (ara) unless using a cox 2 inhibitor.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I just recommended Tr1umph & orig1n to someone for recomp. Add bloodshr3d raw and your golden!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Sorry to read you do not handle forskolin well. It is a great ingredient, especially when aiming for a recomp.

Have you ever tried a GDA product? These can be beneficial any time and can aid when trying to recomp. SlinMax is a fully open label product that halps with glucose transportation and improves glycogen storage. It also reduces blood sugar and improves nutrient uptake within muscles. A pre workout dose is great for pumps with the 750mg of agmatine. Berberine is also a great ingredient in GDA products.

Berberine is incredibly effective at controlling insulin levels and glucose disposal. Berberine activates Adenosine Monophosphate-Activated Protein Kinase (AMPK) while inhibiting Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase. AMPK activation improves insulin sensitivity and glucose transport in the body.

All of these tings will aid in a recomp, but it should be noted, it is difficult to recomp as a natural and can often times, lead to spinning wheels. See how it goes for a while and then perhaps transition to a bulk or cut.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Not too familiar with Orig1n, what are it's properties/benefits?
It's a rather new supp, Im really enjoying it. Check out the orig1n Q & A for details and anecdotal reports. Ribosome biogenesis, gh increase, some appetite increase, and great digestion.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry to read you do not handle forskolin well. It is a great ingredient, especially when aiming for a recomp.

Have you ever tried a GDA product? These can be beneficial any time and can aid when trying to recomp. SlinMax is a fully open label product that halps with glucose transportation and improves glycogen storage. It also reduces blood sugar and improves nutrient uptake within muscles. A pre workout dose is great for pumps with the 750mg of agmatine. Berberine is also a great ingredient in GDA products.

Berberine is incredibly effective at controlling insulin levels and glucose disposal. Berberine activates Adenosine Monophosphate-Activated Protein Kinase (AMPK) while inhibiting Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase. AMPK activation improves insulin sensitivity and glucose transport in the body.

All of these tings will aid in a recomp, but it should be noted, it is difficult to recomp as a natural and can often times, lead to spinning wheels. See how it goes for a while and then perhaps transition to a bulk or cut.
I have, I haven't tried SlinMax yet though, I may add it to the stack!

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's a rather new supp, Im really enjoying it. Check out the orig1n Q & A for details and anecdotal reports. Ribosome biogenesis, gh increase, some appetite increase, and great digestion.

I'll go check it out now, thanks for the input!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Fairly simple...if you have any additions, subtractions would be greatly appreciated. I cannot stomach, literally, forskollin so I'm trying to stay away with anything that carries that.

CEL M-Test (or K1ngs Blood which I'm on now)
Follidrone 2.0
X-Gels

Bloodshr3d

PES Select

Maybe add in Tr1umph, not sure how that's dosed or when but I've heard good things.

Many thanks!
X Gels only on workout days. Looks good, as others have said I wouldn't run Follidrone 2.0.

The feedback on M test has been awesome but if you opt to use kings blood, I understand. It's a quality product.

I'd throw in Reduce XT at 2 caps/day and you'll be set sir!

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Cyclization carbohydrates + Follidrone + forskolina.
4-6 months of diet holy patience and perseverance.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cyclization carbohydrates + Follidrone + forskolina.
4-6 months of diet holy patience and perseverance.
Original post, can't do forskolin. Ruins my guts.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TommyTuffGuy

Looks like quite a stack!

I would personally run the following:

-K1ng's Blood / M-Test
-X-Gels
-Bloodshr3d
-Tr1umph

-PES Select

I'd save FD2/Ep1c Unleashed for another time. The 4 aforementioned products (plus Select) should be more than enough to help you have an outstanding recomp.

Tr1umph should absolutely be part of this stack for a couple reasons:
1. It's a powerhouse of staple ergogenic aids that is designed to provide optimal results when taken continuously. Ingredients like Creatine/Betaine/PA/etc work best when consumed regularly. With Tr1umph, you're going to get a boost in strength, endurance, recovery, anabolism, etc. Tr1umph, or products like it, should be the backbone of any stack.
2. Tr1umph contains Soy Lecithin. Not only does this provide a host of beneficial phospholipids such as Phosphatidylcholine and the highly-sought-after Phosphatidic Acid (PA), but it's also powerful emulsifier. Taking Tr1umph with your X-Gels will enhance the absorption of the ArA, increasing its efficacy. Tr1umph and X-Gels work beautifully together.

As for your question about how to take Tr1umph: take 1 scoop 30-45 min before your workout, ideally just before or alongside your X-Gels.

Sounds like a plan. Maybe add some reduce Xt for cortisol support.
Reduce XT is a great product that would certainly increase cortisol control, but I would mention that K1ng's Blood has several ingredients that work to regulate cortisol as well, (e.g. KSM-66, EuryGold, Mucuna), so I'd personally recommend running Reduce XT at a later date.

Not too familiar with Orig1n, what are it's properties/benefits?
Tylerclee did a great job introducing Or1gin's key benefits to you. To his list I would also add I've noticed better sleep and impressive muscle fullness. Here's a link to the Q&A thread if you'd like to read more. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/olympus-labs/285040-q-or1gin.html
As much as I love Or1gin and as amazing as the feedback has been so far, if you haven't taken your proposed stack before, I'd recommend waiting to try Or1gin at a later date. It will be a superb supplement for a recomp and would certainly help you, but with what you already have, you've got more than enough. Adding too many things together makes it difficult to decide which product did what and if it's something you want to run again. I'd wait to add it to a stack you've already used so you can see just how awesome the results are.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have run X-Gels (and X-Factor) in the past with great results...although only on my last few times have I started dosing only pre-workout. So I am very familiar with ARA. I was using it 10 or so years ago as well. I love it.
Glad to hear you are an ArA OG. I am as well :) Great that it's so much cheaper these days!

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TommyTuffGuy

Looks like quite a stack!

I would personally run the following:

-K1ng's Blood / M-Test
-X-Gels
-Bloodshr3d
-Tr1umph

-PES Select

I'd save FD2/Ep1c Unleashed for another time. The 4 aforementioned products (plus Select) should be more than enough to help you have an outstanding recomp.

Tr1umph should absolutely be part of this stack for a couple reasons:
1. It's a powerhouse of staple ergogenic aids that is designed to provide optimal results when taken continuously. Ingredients like Creatine/Betaine/PA/etc work best when consumed regularly. With Tr1umph, you're going to get a boost in strength, endurance, recovery, anabolism, etc. Tr1umph, or products like it, should be the backbone of any stack.
2. Tr1umph contains Soy Lecithin. Not only does this provide a host of beneficial phospholipids such as Phosphatidylcholine and the highly-sought-after Phosphatidic Acid (PA), but it's also powerful emulsifier. Taking Tr1umph with your X-Gels will enhance the absorption of the ArA, increasing its efficacy. Tr1umph and X-Gels work beautifully together.

As for your question about how to take Tr1umph: take 1 scoop 30-45 min before your workout, ideally just before or alongside your X-Gels.

Reduce XT is a great product that would certainly increase cortisol control, but I would mention that K1ng's Blood has several ingredients that work to regulate cortisol as well, (e.g. KSM-66, EuryGold, Mucuna), so I'd personally recommend running Reduce XT at a later date.

Tylerclee did a great job introducing Or1gin's key benefits to you. To his list I would also add I've noticed better sleep and impressive muscle fullness. Here's a link to the Q&A thread if you'd like to read more. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/olympus-labs/285040-q-or1gin.html
As much as I love Or1gin and as amazing as the feedback has been so far, if you haven't taken your proposed stack before, I'd recommend waiting to try Or1gin at a later date. It will be a superb supplement for a recomp and would certainly help you, but with what you already have, you've got more than enough. Adding too many things together makes it difficult to decide which product did what and if it's something you want to run again. I'd wait to add it to a stack you've already used so you can see just how awesome the results are.
You've sold me on Tr1umph, I'll be adding it to the stack! Thanks!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 9
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 5
jewgold Supplements 12
Supplements 3