How do YOU take your SL granules?

razz2525

Awards
I just picked up a canister of Fearn's since I read it worked better than GlycerGrow as an emulsifier but now that I see how big these granules are, I'm thinking I'm not going to just drop them in my preworkout (PES High Volume with some Monster). :) A bit too thick for that! How do y'all take SL granules preworkout?

I already have MPA Supps Pharmgrade which has 800mg of PA - I grabbed one canister for Black Friday but it's expensive for continuous use, which is why I wanted to try the granules instead.

Thanks for any ideas! I generally don't have a preworkout meal. My last mid-afternoon snack is around 4pm and then I workout around 5pm so I don't really want to eat anything more in that time period.

Btw, I'm running X-gels and ABE right now and it's working great so far. Muscles are harder in general and I'm still looking pretty lean 6 weeks post-show.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With oatmeal or just by the spoonful with my coffee. ☕

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
Spoon + water, then chew them down a bit, swallow.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I kept mine in this test tube I got a while back when testing out a product....I just dumped them down my throat

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
Id just get tr1umph and call it good, I love stacking tr1umph and high volume.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I've been mixing them with my protein and oats. Really helps to thicken the oats up and they add a little extra taste too

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
Add them to 2oz cold brew coffee at bed for the next day. Wake up, shake (granules are gone--emulsified), add 12oz milk, enjoy.

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
I think they're tasty just the way they are. The container if I remember said something about sprinkling on salads and ice cream.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Chew and swallow - they taste like Cashews or something, to me.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
People still taking this?

nick76

nick76

Awards
Take 3 tablespoons of them bitches and toss 'em back with water. Then proceed to swish my pre-workout in my mouth to get rid of the taste. I don't know what it is about these things that I hate, possibly the texture, but gotta get them down. No shot in hell would you ever spot me chewing them.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting. These seem to have staying power.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PA and particularly SoyL with all the other beneficial phospholipids it contains (e.g. phosphatidylcholine), is an awesome supplement. Inexpensive, proven mTOR spike, muscle fullness, even a strength boost in some individuals. I personally love it.

My preferred method of ingestion is Berry-Cherry Sorbet Tr1umph. :D Considering all the other anabolic/ergogenic ingredients it offers, and that it can often be had for $29.99, or even as low as $23.99 when OL runs a big sale...it's a no-brainer staple supplement, imo.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'll tell ya, the more 'Wilson' I read, the less I believe :D But even if they don't do what he said (there was another sponsored study too IIRC) - It's a healthy food with "good" fat and Choline, etc... They fill me up a little, so for 110kcals I figure "eh".

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't a fan of the flavor, it wasn't bad, just really bland and a pain to take for the benefits I noticed....wouldn't mind seeing what capsule form would do, the granuals are just so much more cost effective

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used to mix with my coffee to make it go easier.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
I dump them in a cup with a small amount of water, stir, and drink. Very easy.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I have found soy lecithin to have a somewhat waxy taste. If you don't like the taste of soy lecithin or if you want the benefits of lecithin but have an allergy or aversion to soy products, you can always try sunflower lecithin. Sunflower lecithin has a mild sweet and nutty flavor with a hint of sunflower seeds. NOW makes a powdered sunflower lecithin that is easy to mix and goes down easily.

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
why would ppl still take this lol?
I'm new to the site but not new to researching. Everything I've read says it should be a "staple" along with creatine and beta alanine...especially at the price.

Instead of laughing at us (the "uninformed"), please share why it's not worth taking.

SL isn't that expensive, but if it's worthless I'll use those couple of bucks elsewhere.

Zariph

Awards
I'm new to the site but not new to researching. Everything I've read says it should be a "staple" along with creatine and beta alanine...especially at the price.

Instead of laughing at us (the "uninformed"), please share why it's not worth taking.

SL isn't that expensive, but if it's worthless I'll use those couple of bucks elsewhere.
oh sorry i mean why WOULDN'T ppl be taking this haha...i for sure think PA is a great supp..sorry man wasnt laughing at you at all!!!

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Tr1umph taste awesome & has a lot of other great ergogenic ingredients that are great pre workout & as a staple. I have been desperate and shoveled sl granules down the hatch, but by Tr1umph is a far better deal & taste.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They have staying power because they're dirt cheap, and effective, and were already on the market as a cheap supplement before any sports supplement companies could come in and sell them for a 500% markup.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
Ive been mixing them in with yogurt or oatmeal since i dont like the solo taste and this has worked just fine for. If i'm running low on time i will just choke down a couple tablespoons and chase with water tho

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
What's old is new again: Bruce Lee recommended Soy Lecithin Granules, as did Arnold in his 'Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding'. Now, no idea if it was for PA/Anabolisim/Ergogenics, or if it was for another reason.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
What's old is new again: Bruce Lee recommended Soy Lecithin Granules, as did Arnold in his 'Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding'. Now, no idea if it was for PA/Anabolisim/Ergogenics, or if it was for another reason.
Wow, Really?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Wow, Really?
I first heard Carl Lanore of Super Human Radio mention it (a few times), and before I posted, I found a few second hand confirmations online. I *don't* have copies of any books or anything to be 100%.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I first heard Carl Lanore of Super Human Radio mention it (a few times), and before I posted, I found a few second hand confirmations online. I *don't* have copies of any books or anything to be 100%.
Still, good info there. Although someone has to try to see what does for him. Everytime I try it, same **** happens to me...

Moar power output!! Oh to the question, 3 spoonfuls 2hours pre and 2 spoonfuls post

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Arnold mentioned it as part of his "high-protein, high-calorie drinks." There's no mention of PA, but it does list lecithin as an ergogenic aid as well:

Bruce Lee mentions it in Bruce Lee: The Art of Expressing the Human Body. It mentions lectithin granules in the shakes he made:
leelecithin.png
leelecithin1.png

See here:
https://books.google.com/books?id=ErmHCgAAQBAJ&pg=PA168&lpg=PA168&dq=bruce+lee+lecithin+granules&********bl&ots=-PRHQEaMf1&sig=EsvPY9lvGG66Dac1fhSvkiToRnU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjrv_zLlvnQAhXH0iYKHW53BnYQ6AEIQDAG#v=snippet&q=lecithin&f=false

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Do you have the book? Or was that online? My Google-Fu must be failing :D

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you have the book? Or was that online? My Google-Fu must be failing :D
I have Arnold's Encyclopedia on my phone, and remember reading about the lecithin, so I just searched it for "lecithin" on my phone. I don't have that Bruce Lee book, so I just googled "Bruce Lee lecithin granules" and the Google books result was on the first page. I have a copy of the Tao of Jeet Kune Do, so I'll see if it mentions lecithin too (edit: it doesn't seem to be mentioned in Tao, but it is more about martial arts, so that makes sense).

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried Fearn Liquid Soya Lecithin? Just curious about the taste of this and if liquid lecithin would be easier going down? The product description says "Fearn Liquid Lecithin delivers as much lecithin in one tablespoon as twelve 1200 mg lecithin pearls or 1.5 level tablespoons of lecithin granules." Price wise it seems to be a better value than Fearn lecithin granules. The negative is that it only lists the inositol and choline content per serving vs their granule product that lists a full breakdown of phosphatide content per serving.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tr1umph taste awesome & has a lot of other great ergogenic ingredients that are great pre workout & as a staple. I have been desperate and shoveled sl granules down the hatch, but by Tr1umph is a far better deal & taste.
Wholeheartedly agreed. I got sick of the taste of granules, even just washing them down and the spoon getting all sticky...not huge inconveniences, but considering the cost of granules + bulk creatine + bulk betaine isn't far off Tr1umph, and with all the other ingredients you get with Tr1umph...it's an easy choice to make.

Has anyone tried Fearn Liquid Soya Lecithin? Just curious about the taste of this and if liquid lecithin would be easier going down? The product description says "Fearn Liquid Lecithin delivers as much lecithin in one tablespoon as twelve 1200 mg lecithin pearls or 1.5 level tablespoons of lecithin granules." Price wise it seems to be a better value than Fearn lecithin granules. The negative is that it only lists the inositol and choline content per serving vs their granule product that lists a full breakdown of phosphatide content per serving.
I did a little googling and couldn't find out what phospholipids are contained in liquid lecithin. Considering the macros are a little different and Fearn doesn't list PA/PC/etc content on the liquid version, I'd be a little wary...but the choline content appears to be the same. Also, not sure if this applies to Fearn, but I've heard the taste of the liquid version isn't very good and it's extremely sticky and hard to swallow without a lot of rinsing.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wholeheartedly agreed. I got sick of the taste of granules, even just washing them down and the spoon getting all sticky...not huge inconveniences, but considering the cost of granules + bulk creatine + bulk betaine isn't far off Tr1umph, and with all the other ingredients you get with Tr1umph...it's an easy choice to make.

I did a little googling and couldn't find out what phospholipids are contained in liquid lecithin. Considering the macros are a little different and Fearn doesn't list PA/PC/etc content on the liquid version, I'd be a little wary...but the choline content appears to be the same. Also, not sure if this applies to Fearn, but I've heard the taste of the liquid version isn't very good and it's extremely sticky and hard to swallow without a lot of rinsing.
A guide from the American Lecithin Company lists the PA content of de-oiled Lecithin at 7%, and the PA content of standard liquid Lecithin at 5%. Given that PA in Lecithin granules tends to be 4-7%, if I was using liquid Lecithin, I'd probably figure a range of (4-7%) x (5/7) = around 3-5%. So to be reasonably sure you're getting 750mg PA with liquid Lecithin, I'd take 25g.
http://www.americanlecithin.com/lecithin_2009.pdf
They also say that the liquid version has less PC (16% vs 24%), and more triglycerides (37% vs 3%).

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do it in pre also...not great but manageable

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I drop 15g in pre

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What does everyone notice with this?
And does this have a place in a cut?
You get the benefits of PA. Studies show increased strength and LBM, which is consistent with what users report. Some people also note increased appetite and muscle fullness, and Lecithin granules also have other beneficial things like choline, so can be viewed as generally healthy besides just helping with our lifting/physique goals.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New study saying pa is useless
I always enjoyed it
Are you talking about this study, which only used 250-375mg/day PA?
In conclusion, PA supplementation at 375 mg and 250 mg for eight weeks in conjunction with RT did not produce a differential effect for significant gains in lean mass, rectus femoris cross-sectional area, and lower-body strength. However, when using magnitude-based inferences PA has a more than likely impact on improving lower-body strength, whereas a likely impact for increasing muscle size and lean mass when combined with resistance training.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4974867/

There are many studies showing benefits:
Results of this study suggest that a combination of a daily 750 mg PA ingestion, combined with a 4-day per week resistance training program for 8-weeks appears to have a likely benefit on strength improvement, and a very likely benefit on lean tissue accruement in young, resistance trained individuals.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23035701
Supplementation with soy-derived PA [750mg] can improve responses in skeletal muscle hypertrophy, lean body mass, and maximal strength.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4044072/
PA significantly activates mTOR and significantly improved responses in skeletal muscle hypertrophy, lean body mass, and maximal strength to resistance exercise.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4066292/

If so, I wouldn't be surprised, as studies tend to use 750mg/day PA, and researchers suggest that even higher doses would be better, which is consistent with many people here really enjoying 750mg to 1.5+g PA. I wouldn't use less than 750mg/day PA. If you're going with lecithin granules, I'd aim for 750mg assuming 4% PA (you're likely getting 4-7%, but you want to be sure you hit that 750mg), or 18.75g lecithin granules, which would give you between 750mg and around 1300mg PA.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You get the benefits of PA. Studies show increased strength and LBM, which is consistent with what users report. Some people also note increased appetite and muscle fullness, and Lecithin granules also have other beneficial things like choline, so can be viewed as generally healthy besides just helping with our lifting/physique goals.
Any application to cutting?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any application to cutting?
There's a little bit of calories and fat from the granules, so just take that into account with your diet. Some people also note increased appetite, but that should also be easily controllable. The benefits in regards to LBM and strength should be of use any time, bulk or cut though.

Sacrifice

Awards
How many tablespoons per day are you guys taking of the Fearn granules?