Alphamax/X-Gel Stack... gut issue..

n3rd

Awards
So I've recently started the stack Alphamax/X-Gel stack and it seems like I could hit the bathroom all morning these days.
I eat clean AF (chicken, steak, turkey, veggies), minus the Friday night beers.
Anyone else experiencing that?

I've cut down to only 2 x-gels in the morning, hoping that'll help..
Any other suggestions?

I take 2 Alphamax and 2 X-gels with morning breakfast and typically take my 2nd dose of Alphamax at 1:30ish..

side note: I ended up buying 2 bottles of Alphmax, figured I'd run the full 8-week cycle, and I also have a bottle of ABE..
Would it be wise to finish the stack with all 3? or finish the 8-week cycle of Alphamax then jump to the ABE?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
The ARA (x-gels) should only be taken pre workout with some kind of emulsifier and a carnitine salt. This ensures that the ARA is only being utilized by the skeletal muscle and has less chance of causing systemic inflammation (which may be what you're experiencing). Please refer to the guide below

The Arachidonic Acid Help Guide
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246394

Also if you aren't used to magnesium, the magnesium included in AlphaXT could be causing you some issues. Magnesium is known to cause regular and in some cases runny bowel movements. Some take it for constipation. The dose in alphamax should not be enough to cause an issue, but some are sensitive to magnesium

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
So I've recently started the stack Alphamax/X-Gel stack and it seems like I could hit the bathroom all morning these days.

Any other suggestions?

I take 2 Alphamax and 2 X-gels with morning breakfast and typically take my 2nd dose of Alphamax at 1:30ish..

side note: I ended up buying 2 bottles of Alphmax, figured I'd run the full 8-week cycle, and I also have a bottle of ABE..
Would it be wise to finish the stack with all 3? or finish the 8-week cycle of Alphamax then jump to the ABE?
What are you eating for breakfast? Its possible that you are sensitive to the forskolin in Alphamax XT, which is common. I didn't experience any issues with X-gels, but I know some have had problems. What time do you train? I would recommend dosing your X-gels with your preworkout meal.

Also, be sure you're taking your second Alphamax XT dose with food too. As for stacking Alphamax XT and ABE, I would run a full 8 weeks of Alphamax XT solo to see how you like it. Its hard to tell what's working best when you stack products. I would do 8 weeks of Alphamax XT, 4 week break, and then run ABE after that

n3rd

Awards
Breakfast is typically the same every morning, (6 days) eggs, sweet potato or Ezekiel bread, with some peanut butter and coffee..

I train at about 4 every night.. I take it tad early, have terrible issues with sleeping and found taking anything later in the day screws up my sleep.

My second dose is with my 3rd meal, I'm eating pretty much all day.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I have never heard of this being an issue. It is possible. May want to add some Alcar 500 as a source of carnitine. This would help with reducing the unutilized amount of ARA during workouts.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could also try spacing out AlphaMax and dose at a 1-1-1-1 scheme versus a 2-2

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Any other suggestions?

stop alphamax and i bet your issue will be resolved

i had the same issue .. i got a 8 week stack but within 3rd week i stopped .. was always gassed up .. would sit on toilet just farting

prolly sensitive to Coleus forskohlii (95% Forskolin) ..its a high extract ..was too much for me to handle

Great product but that solo ingrident made me shy away from it

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
stop alphamax and i bet your issue will be resolved

i had the same issue .. i got a 8 week stack but within 3rd week i stopped .. was always gassed up .. would sit on toilet just farting

prolly sensitive to Coleus forskohlii (95% Forskolin) ..its a high extract ..was too much for me to handle

Great product but that solo ingrident made me shy away from it
Sorry to hear that it never got better for you personally.

However, to the OP...typically all GI issues subside after the first week. The spacing that AntM1564 mentioned above will definitely help for the first week.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The good news is that both of those products have a large fan base. Would be a pretty quick sale in the supplement auction section

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like others have stated, my guess is the forskolin. I don't have issues with it though. I take mine 2 caps with breakfast and 2 with dinner. I would play around with the dosage and see what helps best. Great stack combo. Hope you get your issue resolved and continue the stack.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Forskolin makes me run to the bathroom all day. Wish I could take it but I'd spend all my time on the toilet!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I usually have the same problem when I stack those. although mine is more when i'm taking ABE and x gels i'm in the bath room more in the morning. But I drink coffee in the morning as well so coffee flushes me out as well haha

n3rd

Awards
Thanks guys for all the input.. So far what seems to be working is 2 X-Gels in the morning (with my Alphamax) and skipping it in the afternoon.. Makes the morning a little uncomfortable, but we've got clean bathrooms at the office.. hah..

I think after a week with this cycle, I'm going to try going back to 4 and see how my guts react. Maybe I just needed to build a tolerance to it?

side note:
Gotta admit, 2 weeks on, two things I've realized.. I seem to be really intune with my training and I can really feel that soreness in the morning after.. Specifically the area where I trained the evening before.. Great thing is, that soreness A) gives me that "I accomplished something yesterday" aspect B) it usually disappates by the next afternoon, just in time for my next session.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys for all the input.. So far what seems to be working is 2 X-Gels in the morning (with my Alphamax) and skipping it in the afternoon.. Makes the morning a little uncomfortable, but we've got clean bathrooms at the office.. hah..

I think after a week with this cycle, I'm going to try going back to 4 and see how my guts react. Maybe I just needed to build a tolerance to it?

side note:
Gotta admit, 2 weeks on, two things I've realized.. I seem to be really intune with my training and I can really feel that soreness in the morning after.. Specifically the area where I trained the evening before.. Great thing is, that soreness A) gives me that "I accomplished something yesterday" aspect B) it usually disappates by the next afternoon, just in time for my next session.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's definitely the forskohlii, never heard of gut issues with x gels.

n3rd

Awards
I am now able to do the stack @ 2-2 ..
Maybe my stomach just needed some adjusting .. Seems to be doing fine now..

I thought for sure the x-gels were doing it because I started a week just on the alphamax, didn't really experience any discomfort..

One thing I have been doing differently is, literally stopping my meal half way through and taking the stack. Possibly that could have helped?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I thought for sure the x-gels were doing it because I started a week just on the alphamax, didn't really experience any discomfort..

One thing I have been doing differently is, literally stopping my meal half way through and taking the stack. Possibly that could have helped?
It could be a number of different things, not relating to either of the supplements. The body is a funny thing.

Glad this issues are resolved.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Eh, maybe. Hard to say but all that matters is you can run a full dose of AlphaMax XT and x gels now. So glad to see that. Enjoy!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, your body may have taken longer to adjust to the forksolin. It's great stuff no doubt, but can wreck your GI for a week or two.

Badass stack

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep, Forskolin does the same to me for a week or two.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah for me it took 2.5 weeks to get the stomach discomfort from forksolin

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, your body may have taken longer to adjust to the forksolin. It's great stuff no doubt, but can wreck your GI for a week or two.

Badass stack
Yep, Forskolin does the same to me for a week or two.
yeah for me it took 2.5 weeks to get the stomach discomfort from forksolin
If you read his post, he was using fosrkolin for a week with no issues. Issues did not arise until adding X-Gels. It was probably something non supplement related.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
If you read his post, he was using fosrkolin for a week with no issues. Issues did not arise until adding X-Gels. It was probably something non supplement related.
I've gone a week with no GI distress, then a week with a handful of days of distress with almost all products that contain Forskolin.

Could've been from his diet, but I wouldn't rule out an ingredient known to cause GI stress contributing to or causing the GI stress. Usually I'm fine, but anytime I'm using forskolin it flares up.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, I read that he started them at the same time.

n3rd

Awards
Ha, yeah.. Started x-gels a week after Alphamax..
But everything seems to be working great.
I feel stronger, stomach isn't really giving me fits anymore (just a slight discomfort after taking the stack), but other then that I'm golden.
Just about 3 weeks in now.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel stronger, stomach isn't really giving me fits anymore (just a slight discomfort after taking the stack), but other then that I'm golden.
Glad it hear it worked itself out.

Alphamax XT and Xgels is to date one of my favorite stacks.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. That's personally one of my favorite stacks. Depending on the amount of food I ate around Alphamax XT doses, I would occasionally notice a little stomach discomfort at times. I'm very sensitive to forksolin, so I think that was probably the ingredient to blame. But the benefits outweighed the small inconvenience for sure. Keep us updated man!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you were able to figure out your stomach issues. Stomach issues are horrible, especially trying to work out with a ****ed up stomach.