ALCAR
GPLC
Huperzine A
Alpha-GPC
Choline Bitartrate
DMAE
Higenamine
Vinpocetine

Thoughts as a nootropic and concentration aid?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lots of good ingredients, but the prop blends and doses are reason enough for me to stay away from it. For example, ALCAR should be dosed at 1-2g, but it's 7th in a prop-blend that contains a total of 1g, and GPLC is even farther down on the list. There's just too much going on IMO.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Lots of good ingredients, but the prop blends and doses are reason enough for me to stay away from it. For example, ALCAR should be dosed at 1-2g, but it's 7th in a prop-blend that contains a total of 1g, and GPLC is even farther down on the list. There's just too much going on IMO.
I try to avoid prop blends too but I'm trying to find a new focus aid since the ban on DMAA. Tried a few others and haven't felt much so once I came across this I thought I'd ask about it on here

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I try to avoid prop blends too but I'm trying to find a new focus aid since the ban on DMAA. Tried a few others and haven't felt much so once I came across this I thought I'd ask about it on here
What focus aids have you tried, and what exactly are you looking to use it for (work, studying, etc)? Have you tried Focus XT or Elixir? They're both pretty good nootropics. If you're willing to wait a little bit, I also think you'll enjoy NootropiMax when it comes out.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
What focus aids have you tried, and what exactly are you looking to use it for (work, studying, etc)? Have you tried Focus XT or Elixir? They're both pretty good nootropics. If you're willing to wait a little bit, I also think you'll enjoy NootropiMax when it comes out.
I really enjoyed my last two runs of Focus XT earlier this year but when I went to buy a tub yesterday I saw that the price had been hiked, hence why I'm looking for a replacement. At £50/$65 per tub Elix1r is a little out of my price range.
I've also tried Haleo's Mind Set and SNS' Elevate.

Looking for a little extra workout focus, some extra clarity (got a lot going on in life) and to help keep my mood up for my upcoming PCT

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I've used it, 6 caps or it's. Ot really worth it unless you just want increased energy

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah man, it really isn't even that much of a buzz on 3 and that's when I was on a stim break! It's a prop blend probably only 100mg caffeine in 3 caps bro

bpowell1985

Awards
Juicedeez utz it is much more than 100mg of caffeine per serving. How do you do your math?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Juicedeez utz it is much more than 100mg of caffeine per serving. How do you do your math?
This. His UK website says 250mg caffeine per serving, plus other stims. 2 servings is 500mg caffeine + more stims. If you're not feeling much from that, it's probably time for a stimulant break, haha.

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
Wait I have the bottle in front of me now, just a prop blend on the back! Didn't know it was that much! Yeah I probably do hahaha

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
I've just got a 500mg energy blend so I thought most of it was the green tea hah

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is no ban in FDA, Hi-Tech is fighting in court over it as we speak.

You can still find it in several of their pre workouts and fat burners.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
There is no ban in FDA, Hi-Tech is fighting in court over it as we speak.

You can still find it in several of their pre workouts and fat burners.
It's a class C controlled substance over here in the U.K. Which really sucks because I wanted to try the new SuperPump 250 with DMAA :(

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a class C controlled substance over here in the U.K. Which really sucks because I wanted to try the new SuperPump 250 with DMAA :(
AH ok...didn't realize you were in the UK....sorry to hear that

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Prop Blend = Don't buy - stuff is being hidden.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Prop Blend = Don't buy - stuff is being hidden.
That's what turned me away from it tbh.

Seeing as it's the best blood-brain barrier nootropic for boosting acetylcholine and brain power I'm thinking of just going with daily dosing of straight Alpha-GPC.
What do you think?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

Seeing as it's the best blood-brain barrier nootropic for boosting acetylcholine and brain power I'm thinking of just going with daily dosing of straight Alpha-GPC.
What do you think?
I'm not really a Nootropic guy - not a lot of knowledge. I just throw 2g of Choline L-Bitartrate, a couple hundred migs of Schisanrda, and chew up half a tab of Hup-A with my PrWO - works fine for me. Oh and 3 whole eggs every day :D

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When it comes to products like these I would avoid prop blends

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

What do you think?
GPC and CDP are both great, it's more personal preference than anything else which one you use IMO. Both go well with huperzine, and you can always add Noopept, paracetam, or aniracetam for even more benefits.
I'm not really a Nootropic guy - not a lot of knowledge. I just throw 2g of Choline L-Bitartrate, a couple hundred migs of Schisanrda, and chew up half a tab of Hup-A with my PrWO - works fine for me. Oh and 3 whole eggs every day :D
Nothing wrong with choline bitartrate. 2g is a solid dose, and is more affordable than GPC or CDP if you're on a budget.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
GPC and CDP are both great, it's more personal preference than anything else which one you use IMO. Both go well with huperzine, and you can always add Noopept, paracetam, or aniracetam for even more benefits.
Which Noot(s) would you recommend/use for improving overall mood and enhancing concentration? Or would Alpha-GPC have both of those covered?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think I bought it over a year ago and I still have some left. I can barely notice when I take 3 capsules. May be a nice way to wean off stims but probably not the most economical.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which Noot(s) would you recommend/use for improving overall mood and enhancing concentration? Or would Alpha-GPC have both of those covered?
Alpha-GPC, or CDP-Choline, or even choline bitartrate if you're on a budget are going to be good for concentration and focus, although they aren't really "mood boosting" per se. Huperzine-A also goes well with a choline source, and can help with concentration and focus, but it also isn't something that's going to give you a real "mood boost." From there, you could add a racetam. Piracetam is a good one, as is Noopept (which isn't technically a racetam, but is often lumped together in the same category), or aniracetam, which is something that can help with social interaction, and is more of a "social" or "creative" racetam.

Caffeine and theanine is another classic, well-researched combination that can improve concentration and mood. Caffeine and ornithine is another lesser-known combination that has been shown to improve mood. Rhodiola and ashwagandha have both been shown to improve sense of well-being, which can improve mood. Bacopa has also been shown to have some anxiety-reducing effects, and also helps with memory, so is a valuable nootropic. Other adaptogens (ashwagandha, rhodiola, and even bacopa can be considered adaptogens), such as tongkat ali can also have beneficial effects on mood and reducing stress/anxiety, although this differs among individuals. For some lesser known ingredients, kanna (sceletium tortuosum) has also been shown to improve mood, as has sage (Salvia lavandulaefolia or Salvia officinalis).

So here's a little layout/template, if you wanted to try things out individually or in smaller combinations instead of all at once in a finished product:

-Caffeine + theanine and/or ornithine (for energy, focus, and possibly improved mood; classic examples of actual "synergy")

-Choline (CDP, GPC, or bitartrate) + Huperzine-A (optional, but recommended IMO) + Racetam (piracetam, Noopept*, or aniracetam)
*not technically a racetam, I know

-Bacopa and/or Ashwagandha (both can help with stress/anxiety, but ashwagandha is better suited for reducing stress/anxiety, while bacopa is better for improving memory. You may want to take them with caffeine and/or other stimulants, as they can be too calming to want to get much work done otherwise. I personally take bacopa with caffeine in the morning, and ashwagandha in the evening/night)

-Rhodiola (this will be especially useful if you're stressed, sleep-deprived, etc, and can really be combined with any of the above)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Good advice above.

We sell Focus XT which has great feedback for improving memory/ cognition. However for that "in the zone tunnel vision", you may need something stim heavy (but not too heavy).

Stimulants are pretty decent at producing the tunnel vision effect, but less so for actual cognition (can be detrimental at too high dosage).

bpowell1985

Awards
Jiigzz
How is 10 or 20mg noopept + 1/2 or full scoop of focus xt? I was loooking to pickup Noopept as I have never tried it.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jiigzz
How is 10 or 20mg noopept + 1/2 or full scoop of focus xt? I was loooking to pickup Noopept as I have never tried it.
I love that combo personally. I like to start with 10mg and work my way up. The bottle will last you forever at a maximum of 2 caps per day.

Some say to cycle Noopept (Russian study says 56 days on, 4 days off), but there's no definitive recommendation either way.

Focus XT has Choline in it, so no need to add any either :D

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I've just bought some Adapt Nutrition's GH Assist, 900mg of 50% Alpha-GPC Per 2 caps per day. Any recommendations on how and when to take Alpha-GPC?
With Food/Without Food?
Upon Waking/Before Bed?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've just bought some Adapt Nutrition's GH Assist, 900mg of 50% Alpha-GPC Per 2 caps per day. Any recommendations on how and when to take Alpha-GPC?
With Food/Without Food?
Upon Waking/Before Bed?
Pre-workout is a good time to use it, as is before any time you could benefit from improved focus, such as before studying, writing a paper, doing research, working, etc. Not sure I'd want to take it before bed. It's not a stimulant, but extra focus may keep some people up.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz
I use both and enjoy both. Great memory and learning aids.

What do you want from noopept?

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Pre-workout is a good time to use it, as is before any time you could benefit from improved focus, such as before studying, writing a paper, doing research, working, etc. Not sure I'd want to take it before bed. It's not a stimulant, but extra focus may keep some people up.
My Pre-workout already has 2g of Choline Bitartrate. I would essentially be taking 3g of Choline in one dose. Is that o.k to do?

Are the effects of Choline acute or do they build up and become better over time?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Pre-workout already has 2g of Choline Bitartrate. I would essentially be taking 3g of Choline in one dose. Is that o.k to do?

Are the effects of Choline acute or do they build up and become better over time?
2g choline bitartrate is a solid dose, so I don't think you need more choline pre-workout. Choline has been shown to have some potential acute effects, but I think it's still worth using daily. Maybe you can take the GPC in the morning, or before work, or sometime that extra focus may be nice.

bpowell1985

Awards
I love that combo personally. I like to start with 10mg and work my way up. The bottle will last you forever at a maximum of 2 caps per day.

Some say to cycle Noopept (Russian study says 56 days on, 4 days off), but there's no definitive recommendation either way.

Focus XT has Choline in it, so no need to add any either :D
I am looking to basically get added focus and heightened mental awareness throughout the day. Working in sales at a car dealership can get taxing mentally.

bpowell1985

Awards
I use both and enjoy both. Great memory and learning aids.

What do you want from noopept?
Sorry I quoted wrong post previously.
I am looking to basically get added focus and heightened mental awareness throughout the day. Working in sales at a car dealership can get taxing mentally

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am looking to basically get added focus and heightened mental awareness throughout the day. Working in sales at a car dealership can get taxing mentally.
I believe the combo of Noopept XT and Focus XT from SNS would work nicely for that. You might also look into OL Elix1r as well. Noopept XT would also work well with Elix1r.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I quoted wrong post previously.
I am looking to basically get added focus and heightened mental awareness throughout the day. Working in sales at a car dealership can get taxing mentally
Then that combo should treat you well! Noopept and Focus XT work to really enhance how well you function cognitively - so they should allow you to process things faster and connect the brain better to the mouth (and by that I mean you can process thought faster so that when you speak, it comes out clearer and is structured better). I do a lot of talking in my job, and it has helped out a lot with that and number crunching.

If you also find yourself getting "sluggish" mentally, adding a touch more caffeine could also be a useful adjunct depending on how you tolerate 200mg. If you find it too "edgy", you could add 100mg of theanine to your caffeine as well - both of which you can find for very cheap. 120 caps x 200mg of caffeine is $4 from Nutraplanet, and if you do what I do and split them in half, I just add a 100mg portion to Focus XT for those days I need a bit more of a kick.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then that combo should treat you well! Noopept and Focus XT work to really enhance how well you function cognitively - so they should allow you to process things faster and connect the brain better to the mouth (and by that I mean you can process thought faster so that when you speak, it comes out clearer and is structured better). I do a lot of talking in my job, and it has helped out a lot with that and number crunching.

If you also find yourself getting "sluggish" mentally, adding a touch more caffeine could also be a useful adjunct depending on how you tolerate 200mg. If you find it too "edgy", you could add 100mg of theanine to your caffeine as well - both of which you can find for very cheap. 120 caps x 200mg of caffeine is $4 from Nutraplanet, and if you do what I do and split them in half, I just add a 100mg portion to Focus XT for those days I need a bit more of a kick.
I too have found that I am able to speak more eloquently on the spot with Noopept XT as well.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
2g choline bitartrate is a solid dose, so I don't think you need more choline pre-workout. Choline has been shown to have some potential acute effects, but I think it's still worth using daily. Maybe you can take the GPC in the morning, or before work, or sometime that extra focus may be nice.
So 2g of Choline Bitartrate from my Pre-workout and then another 900mg of Alpha-GPC later in the day.
Seeing as Choline increases levels of acetylcholine I'd think the effects would get better over time as they built up. Definitely going to be using it daily though, I really need the clarity and focus at the minute.