Intra Workout suggestions

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
So I make my own intra due to the lack of viable options. My question is what would you change, add, etc?

Here's the breakdown,

HBCD: 50g
Creatine: 10g
Citrulline: 6g
BCAAs (2:1:1): 6g
Beta alanine: 3g

I'm open to any suggestions.

Cheers

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
curious as to why you'd opt to take beta alanine during your workout? it doesn't offer any acute performance enhancing benefits

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
I've always found I have better endurance with it. Whether that's placebo or a byproduct of the beta I don't know. I figure if it works, don't change it

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beta Alanine increases endurance once carnosine stores are increased/maximized. This takes about 4-6 weeks with daily dosing.

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
That would make sense then. I get most of it between my intra and pre which I always use

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why include creatine for an intra as well....all you should really need intra workout is carbs + BCAAs. Maybe some caffeine if you get sluggish during your workout. If you're looking to get pumps from the citrulline, dose it pre workout instead of intra.

Otherwise, ingredients like creatine, beta alanine, etc can be consumed anytime of day.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Peptopro is supposed to help stimulate muscle growth according to a study done by the company that makes it.

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
I use Execute preworkout and have the extra citrulline it in there to hit around 8g. I also take the creatine in the intra because of the synergistic effects with carbs. I was thinking of adding a few grams of gms to help drive absorption even more

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Glycerol powder, I like HydroMax at 4-5g

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
Glycerol powder, I like HydroMax at 4-5g
Glycerol is becoming one of my favorite ingredients. I had no idea what it was until I saw it in my pre.
5 grams sounds nice. I'll give it a try

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Personally I would opt of EAAs or PeptoPro over BCAAs.

Hydromax is a great suggestion

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why include creatine for an intra as well....all you should really need intra workout is carbs + BCAAs. Maybe some caffeine if you get sluggish during your workout. If you're looking to get pumps from the citrulline, dose it pre workout instead of intra.

Otherwise, ingredients like creatine, beta alanine, etc can be consumed anytime of day.
Agreed here. Really you could probably drop what you have in the initial post and just leave the bcaas. Then does the others pre workout instead of intra.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Agreed.

If you are looking for this type of product, I suggest looking into PowerMax XT.

Few reasons why I enjoy PowerMax XT. It contains 5g of creatine, glycerol and amentoflavone. Great pumps and endurance while being stim free :)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Xtend Perform is a great one for extra endurance. It also has Citrulline.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed.

If you are looking for this type of product, I suggest looking into PowerMax XT.

Few reasons why I enjoy PowerMax XT. It contains 5g of creatine, glycerol and amentoflavone. Great pumps and endurance while being stim free :)
This is awesome as well.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
All you really need is some form of Carbohydrate and Protein (if you subscribe to the benefits of Intra's in the first place). Since you are probably meeting your daily Protein totals anyway, I'd go the EAA route for an Intra - since it contains the BCAA. Now Foods makes an Amino-9 (IIRC) that seems affordable. Everything else is just gravy - nothing wrong with taking C and BA Intra, but they don't work that way. Same with "pump" ingredients - they should still be active if your PrWO contains them, and things like Nitrates are usually dosed a bit before exertion anyway - not sure of the benefit of pump ingredients *during* a workout (unless you are a 3 hr session kind of guy).

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm a BCAA guy personally for Intra.....jury is still out. Personally not a fan of creatine but if you are having great effects, then keep doing what you are doing....

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
Here is my pre for reference: (too few posts for a picture)

Citrulline 3500mg
Beta alanine 2000mg
AAKG 1000mg
GMS 1000mg
Agmatine 750mg
Choline 500mg
ACLAR 500mg
Caffeine 300mg
GABA 25mg
Niacin 25mg
Yohimbine 2.5mg

Post: I have a box of berries and a shake or, a little after, a steak and sweet potatoes

BentBarbell

BentBarbell

Awards
I'll have a run with EAA's. I haven't tried that.