Best supplements to lower estrogen?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

Just finishing up an 8 week run of alphamax XT.

Got my bloods done and estrogen is high

Any recommendations on anything to lower it substantially?

My E2 is at 157pmol/ml. I'm 27

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
Why not get aromasin? Only otc supplement i can think of is arimistane

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
Really wow? Banned there? You can buy it anywhere online! If anything some DIM is always nice. Helps regulate all estrogen and test. Fiber can help as well to literally **** out exogenous estrogen.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really wow? Banned there? You can buy it anywhere online! If anything some DIM is always nice. Helps regulate all estrogen and test. Fiber can help as well to literally **** out exogenous estrogen.
Yep it should be pretty easy to pick up online. And dang I didn't know it's banned in Canada.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Brassaiopsis glomerulata has worked well for me in the past if arimistane isn't available....bulbine isn't a bad option either

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This forum is so up and down on arimistane, that I'm starting to think it's one big inside joke.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If your estrogen is viewed as high by your doctor they should prescribe the appropriate medication. (I.e., exemastane)

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
If your estrogen is viewed as high by your doctor they should prescribe the appropriate medication. (I.e., exemastane)
It's definitely high but not sure it'll be viewed high by my doctor. I'm at 42pg/ml. Normal range for my age is 20-30

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Did you have bloods done before the Alphamax XT? Just wondering if that was a cause. Anyway I picked up a couple bottles of Inhibit E by SNS although I haven't tried them yet so I can't speak to their effectiveness.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Did you have bloods done before the Alphamax XT? Just wondering if that was a cause. Anyway I picked up a couple bottles of Inhibit E by SNS although I haven't tried them yet so I can't speak to their effectiveness.
I got bloods but not a hormone panel unfortunately. I figured it's natty and it wouldn't effect hormonal structure significantly enough for me to pay for blood work. I had surgery 2 days before these bloods. I'm thinking it may have been due to a cortisol response from the 10 hour procedure. Hopefully I can re test

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I got bloods but not a hormone panel unfortunately. I figured it's natty and it wouldn't effect hormonal structure significantly enough for me to pay for blood work. I had surgery 2 days before these bloods. I'm thinking it may have been due to a cortisol response from the 10 hour procedure. Hopefully I can re test
Got it. I wouldn't freak out too much yet if you're not experiencing any sides. 42pg/ml doesn't seem that high. I've heard normal is 20-30 but I feel like 40 isn't far from range and fairly within the norm. I'm more curious to know if Alphamax XT had any role. Certainly didn't seem to suppress your estradiol levels.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Letrone by itself dropped my estrogen from 96 to 52 in 3 weeks.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin D3, Vitamin A, E, and K2 used in combo help stimulate the liver to lower estrogen levels. Low dosages of progesterone will help restore balance if estrogen dominant. I have been reading about this recently. Interesting stuff. If you have the time google Ray Peat estrogen protocol.

If you want to try something OTC Iron legions Virtus is available and I believe there is bloodwork posted on the board here somewhere for it.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Iron Legion Invictus if its a cortisol issue.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
BLR Letrone works well and I have TRT labs showing a solid 10-12pt drop. I am trying Iron legion Virtus right now and liking it, but I am not sure of results from a lab standpoint yet as I just started it.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sns inhibit e. There's blood work proof of it's effectiveness in some threads here on AM.

Arimistane is pretty much junk for lowering e, fyi

S

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After 30 days on Testofen (fenugreek), my estradiol went from 43.3 down to 15.6. And 30 days later it went down to 11.4. Both my total T and free T also went south.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
After 30 days on Testofen (fenugreek), my estradiol went from 43.3 down to 15.6. And 30 days later it went down to 11.4. Both my total T and free T also went south.
That's huge. Are you saying fenugreek plummeted your estradiol and test?

S

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Test didn't do a nosedive like estradiol, but did decline. I was like WTF? Pretty worthless for me. Of course, fenugreek is a pretty common ingredient in OTC test boosters. Published studies are a mixed bag. I thought I would give it a shot.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Test didn't do a nosedive like estradiol, but did decline. I was like WTF? Pretty worthless for me. Of course, fenugreek is a pretty common ingredient in OTC test boosters. Published studies are a mixed bag. I thought I would give it a shot.
Very common supplement in test boosters. You would think dropping estrogen could trick the body to increase more test but I guess that didn't happen. How long were you on it for? When your estradiol dropped to 11.4 were you still on it or was that 30 days after you stopped taking it?

S

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very common supplement in test boosters. You would think dropping estrogen could trick the body to increase more test but I guess that didn't happen. How long were you on it for? When your estradiol dropped to 11.4 were you still on it or was that 30 days after you stopped taking it?
7 months. I had blood work for 7 months straight. Estrogen moved around in a range of 11.4 at the bottom to 22.6 at the end. My T levels remained below my baseline. I take finasteride, so my rationale for taking it was to get my estradiol down into the normal range, which I guess it eventually did once it was over 20. I don't think 43.3 is necessarily "gyno" territory, but I thought it prudent to get it lower. Of course I didn't think my T levels would drop.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone tried Virtus at 0.5 for the full bottle (60 days)?

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
7 months. I had blood work for 7 months straight. Estrogen moved around in a range of 11.4 at the bottom to 22.6 at the end. My T levels remained below my baseline. I take finasteride, so my rationale for taking it was to get my estradiol down into the normal range, which I guess it eventually did once it was over 20. I don't think 43.3 is necessarily "gyno" territory, but I thought it prudent to get it lower. Of course I didn't think my T levels would drop.
Are you saying that the finasteride increased your estradiol? And then you tried to combat that with fenugreek? I'm surprised to hear something as simple as fenugreek had that kind of impact on dropping estrogen but also dropped test.

S

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes to both of your questions. It is well documented that finasteride will elevate your estradiol. The results surprised me. But maybe my case is an outlier.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Yes to both of your questions. It is well documented that finasteride will elevate your estradiol. The results surprised me. But maybe my case is an outlier.
Apparently you were able to obliterate your estrogen with fenugreek which is good but of course decreased test is not. Do you remember roughly how much your test dropped on fenugreek by any chance? Could the finasteride have played into that? Sorry for all the questions.

S

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
10% drop in total T; 30% drop in free T.

Finasteride actually increases testosterone, some of which gets converted to estrogen.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
10% drop in total T; 30% drop in free T.

Finasteride actually increases testosterone, some of which gets converted to estrogen.
Interesting. I'm thinking about possibly going on finasteride myself so always looking for feedback. Sometimes T levels just drop with age. Not saying it wasn't the fenugreek but sometimes it just is what it is.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Inhibit E is a comprehensive anti E. Full dose also seemed to be slightly too much for my E levels.
Ive heard good things about Letrone as well.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Inhibit E is a comprehensive anti E. Full dose also seemed to be slightly too much for my E levels.
Ive heard good things about Letrone as well.
The few I know of are
Letrone - never used heard that works very well.
Inhibit- E - Just reordered works well and no sides that I felt
Estro Dex from San. Heard works well, but not as good as the above.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
The few I know of are
Letrone - never used heard that works very well.
Inhibit- E - Just reordered works well and no sides that I felt
Estro Dex from San. Heard works well, but not as good as the above.
Letrone is supposed to act as an AI as opposed to an anti e, like Virtus (also gets good reviews here). Are there any other products that use the same active ingredients that either Letrone or Virtus use? Wondering why I haven't seen other products like them.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone tried Virtus at 0.5 for the full bottle (60 days)?
That's how I did it. I had to stop after about 3 weeks. felt like my E dropped to low. no proof just how I felt. took a break for about 3 weeks and then finished it.
I really like it!

Watch the aggression in the first week!
Note: I'm 53 years old and all natty. no TRT.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wasn't aware this was already a discussion. Just trying to find out why at 27 my E2 is so high, only thing I can think of
It's all good. It seems that this topic gets brought up at least once every few weeks. Soy lecithin granules, especially at the moderate doses we use for PA, are not going to effect estrogen or testosterone. From an old post:

According to the USDA, soy lecithin contains an average of 15.7mg isoflavones per 100g.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/80400525/Data/isoflav/Isoflav_R2.pdf

and this is from examine.com
Soy does not appear to significantly affect testosterone levels in moderation (1-2 servings of soy food daily, less than 25g of soy protein from non-concentrate sources), and seems to be able to adversely affect testosterone levels when superloaded (enough so that the equol issue is moot; around 100mg isoflavones daily). Between moderation and excess, there is a grey area that is dependent on whether or not one is able to produce equol from daidzein. These numbers do not apply to soy protein concentrate, which has negligible isoflavone content from ethanol extraction.
A lot of people, myself included, seem to find 3 tbsp of lecithin granules (1.8 g PA) to be a good amount. That's 22.5 grams of soy lecithin, which should only contain around 3.5mg isoflavone, much, much less than the 100mg number examine mentioned.

The article you linked has some flawed logic, so It's not even necessary to go back and fact-check it. Even if lecithin granules do have the same percent of phytosterols as soy milk (which I am not saying is the case, I'm just going with the assumption here), a glass of soymilk, as they stated, is 245g, where most people use about 22.5g (3 tbsp) lecithin granules as a source of PA. That's less than 1/10 of a cup, or less than 1 ounce of soymilk. That's absolutely trivial. It's similar fallacious logic, fear mongering even, as saying that apples contain arsenic. While it's technically true, you really have to take the doses needed to have effects and the amounts in said product into consideration for it to mean anything at all.

D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
This forum is so up and down on arimistane, that I'm starting to think it's one big inside joke.
It has been that way for years with people claiming it doesn't work, ask for proof no one has any.

It's not really in many products anymore anyways but yeah the love/hate is often.

At OP, inhibit-E and virtus are great options

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
It has been that way for years with people claiming it doesn't work, ask for proof no one has any.

It's not really in many products anymore anyways but yeah the love/hate is often.

At OP, inhibit-E and virtus are great options
I just picked up some DIM gonna see how 12 weeks at 200mg/day treats me

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What? We finally found a way to make Danes speechless?! Why didn't we think of this years ago...lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's all good. It seems that this topic gets brought up at least once every few weeks. Soy lecithin granules, especially at the moderate doses we use for PA, are not going to effect estrogen or testosterone. From an old post:

According to the USDA, soy lecithin contains an average of 15.7mg isoflavones per 100g.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Place/80400525/Data/isoflav/Isoflav_R2.pdf

and this is from examine.com

A lot of people, myself included, seem to find 3 tbsp of lecithin granules (1.8 g PA) to be a good amount. That's 22.5 grams of soy lecithin, which should only contain around 3.5mg isoflavone, much, much less than the 100mg number examine mentioned.

The article you linked has some flawed logic, so It's not even necessary to go back and fact-check it. Even if lecithin granules do have the same percent of phytosterols as soy milk (which I am not saying is the case, I'm just going with the assumption here), a glass of soymilk, as they stated, is 245g, where most people use about 22.5g (3 tbsp) lecithin granules as a source of PA. That's less than 1/10 of a cup, or less than 1 ounce of soymilk. That's absolutely trivial. It's similar fallacious logic, fear mongering even, as saying that apples contain arsenic. While it's technically true, you really have to take the doses needed to have effects and the amounts in said product into consideration for it to mean anything at all.
great post!!! I am using triumph in pct.