Cutting

Tinyme

Awards
I've been training with my coach for 8 weeks today is the start of week 9...
I went from 172 to 156

The supplements he told me to take were only multivitamins and fish oil. This week he told me to start creatine and bcaa. Is there any other supplements that can be taken?

He's trying to get me to be lean he said I have a lot of fat. I think I've lost a lot of muscle size but idk.

I asked him how much am I cutting he said whatever my body allows me...then I asked him when will I bulk up...he said he's trying to lower my body fat then go from there. But keeping me lean the whole time. He's an ifbb. So I guess I trust him

Any inputs

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
I've been training with my coach for 8 weeks today is the start of week 9...
I went from 172 to 156

The supplements he told me to take were only multivitamins and fish oil. This week he told me to start creatine and bcaa. Is there any other supplements that can be taken?

He's trying to get me to be lean he said I have a lot of fat. I think I've lost a lot of muscle size but idk.

I asked him how much am I cutting he said whatever my body allows me...then I asked him when will I bulk up...he said he's trying to lower my body fat then go from there. But keeping me lean the whole time. He's an ifbb. So I guess I trust him

Any inputs
Are you paying him?

Tinyme

Awards
Yeah 40 a week
Train with him once a week. I update once a week on fridays
Meal plan

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Yeah 40 a week
Train with him once a week. I update once a week on fridays
Meal plan
Then if he is an ifbb pro, thats an insult to him to question if hes correct or not. I would listen to him exactly that way if you dont come in on point you know the culprit. Not to sound like a dick but when someone asks me for advice then goes and asks someone else or someone at G*C i get pissed lol. You should have faith in your trainer until he proves you otherwise

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have to agree with TeamTGB - you've lost 16 pounds in 8 weeks! That's good. You may not realize how much of an improvement that is - do you have before and after photos?

He is a pro because he realizes that supplements are less than 5% of your success and almost meaningless in some ways. He's saving you money on supplements that you don't need.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like a good deal to me. $40 a week for training and diet, and he's not trying to push unnecessary products on you.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Sounds like a good deal to me. $40 a week for training and diet, and he's not trying to push unnecessary products on you.
For sure. I would stick it out and follow him 100%. People are always quick to blame their coaches when they don't follow the rules.

Tinyme

Awards
Alright I wasn't trying to insult him. Yeah I'm happy that I've lost 16lbs! Yeah he is trying to save me money by not buying all those supplements. Thanks I will continue with him

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ 16 lbs is great results. I'd say keep it going with him and keep the results coming:)

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about the whole thing is your issue exactly? The fact that he's working on leaning you out first is a clue that he does have an idea of what he's doing. If your have concerns ask him and let him explain what his thought process is. Then decide how you feel.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What about the whole thing is your issue exactly? The fact that he's working on leaning you out first is a clue that he does have an idea of what he's doing. If your have concerns ask him and let him explain what his thought process is. Then decide how you feel.
Yeah, don't be afraid to ask questions. The more you learn yourself the sooner you won't have to pay someone to help you.

Tinyme

Awards
Yeah well I asked him how much am I going to lean out he said just whatever my body allows me...then I asked when am I going to bulk up or build muscle...he says I am building muscle...he told me he doesn't like all that heavy bulking because it's a lot of work to shed down again. So his main goal is to lean me out and keep it that way year round...bulking or cutting stay lean...

My concern is i know you have to cut down the fat to be lean but to build muscle you have to bulk right? Like it's either bulk or cut I didn't know you can do both at the same time

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
16 lbs over 8 weeks is quite a lot at 2lbs/week.

I would just stick to what he's telling you to see how it works out.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The muscle will come in time, but requires patience. Seems like you're off to a good start!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks! First time in my life I've stuck to a diet for over 3 days! Feeling healthier
Awesome! If at some point you really don't feel like this trainer is helping you get to where you want to be, there are always others. Sometimes though we just don't see or understand their methods, so definitely ask them a lot of questions.

Tinyme

Awards
True. I guess I never like cutting. I always wanted to be big and bulky...back then when I was 160 and bulked up to 175 (a little before I started with my coach) I had more compliments...now people say I got skinny...I don't like being called skinny lol back then people said I got swole... but it'll be cool to have abs I guess

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
True. I guess I never like cutting. I always wanted to be big and bulky...back then when I was 160 and bulked up to 175 (a little before I started with my coach) I had more compliments...now people say I got skinny...I don't like being called skinny lol back then people said I got swole... but it'll be cool to have abs I guess
I hate cutting as well. I get bored doing cardio and would love to be able to eat whatever I want, but as I get older that becomes a lot harder. It's really all about balance like anything else and it's fun to bulk up, but I've also got too into it and realized that I got a lot fatter in addition to stronger and had to do some heavy cutting to get back. It also depends on what your goal is. Are you mostly into bodybuilding and want to look big, but without a large belly or are you more into strength without really caring what you look like or are you looking for something in between. Your answer might change over the years and you may have to find a different trainer or coach for new goals.

Tinyme

Awards
I'm wanting to look like a bodybuilder and being healthy. Don't care about strength. I don't want a large belly anymore lol I never used to care about my stomach..I just wanted to look big in a shirt back then but I think I got too fat. Yeah cardio sucks

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like you're on the right path then!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Awesome! I'm just ready to build some muscles
Then discuss this with your coach. If he's good he will either change your protocol or explain why he wants to keep you on it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It might feel like you've lost a lot of muscle, but when you are carrying a bit more fat than normal and used to filling out clothes, potentially you are mistaking fat for muscle. Get leaner, and then focus on filling out those shirts with real muscle - you'll notice the difference.

gagandugan

gagandugan

Awards
  • Established
He knows what he is doing. Getting you lean before bulking is a good thing and you are makng progress. Just stick with the program.

Tinyme

Awards
Then discuss this with your coach. If he's good he will either change your protocol or explain why he wants to keep you on it.
I have he says I am building muscles at the same time...I thought people said when you cut all you can do is try to keep your muscles and shed fat that's what I'm trying to understand.

It might feel like you've lost a lot of muscle, but when you are carrying a bit more fat than normal and used to filling out clothes, potentially you are mistaking fat for muscle. Get leaner, and then focus on filling out those shirts with real muscle - you'll notice the difference.

That's what he said...that I had more fat than anything...my Arms after a workout were 16.5 now they are 16s. I've never cut before I've always try to bulk because when I was in my high school years I was only 135lbs I was real skinny... so this getting leaner thing is new to me.

He knows what he is doing. Getting you lean before bulking is a good thing and you are makng progress. Just stick with the program.

Yessir

Tinyme

Awards
Y'all think it's ok if I get on a test booster? alphamax xt with xgel? Or is that just for bulking?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Y'all think it's ok if I get on a test booster? alphamax xt with xgel? Or is that just for bulking?
I would use more for a bulk. If you are choosing to add stuff ask your trainer as well so he is in the loop.

Jakey

Awards
You say you're worried about muscle loss - How has your strength been on your lifts as you've been cutting? Has the weight dropped down on them?

How old are you?

Would personally say a test booster is not worth it.

Tinyme

Awards
You say you're worried about muscle loss - How has your strength been on your lifts as you've been cutting? Has the weight dropped down on them?

How old are you?

Would personally say a test booster is not worth it.
Strength went up. I'm 31

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 30
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1