Supplements to Increase GLUT-4 Receptors?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone know any supplements that work to increase GLUT-4 receptors?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Berberine, Corosolic Acid, and Na-RALA are good examples.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned above, Berberine HCL, Banaba (Corosolic Acid), and Na-Rala. Also Agmatine, Salacia Reticulata/Oblonga, Fenugreek Seed Extract (4-Hydroxyisoleucine), Cinnamon (Cinnamaldehyde), Gymnema Sylvestre (Gymnemic Acid), and Bitter Melon are good too. Pretty much most of the common GDA ingredients should do the trick.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1500 mg of berberine and corosolic acid a day, 300-600 mg of na-r-ala; expensive but it's what you asked for
1500mg corosolic acid? Any idea where to find that dosing or is that from Banaba Leaf?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1500mg corosolic acid? Any idea where to find that dosing or is that from Banaba Leaf?
Sorry, that should have been 15 mg of corsolic acid. If using banaba, 3000 mg a day max.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where would you find 15mg of corsolic acid

enraged_chris

Awards
iirc 500mg of berberine was comparable to a solid dose of metformin, any reason for 1.5g of berberine?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Banaba Leaf extracts standardized for 1%, 1.5%, and 2% are common and easy to find. Depending on the standardization just adjust to dosage accordingly. For example:

Banaba 1% - 1500mg x .01 = 15mg CA
Banaba 1.5% - 1000mg x 0.015 = 15mg CA
Banaba 2% - 750mg x .02 = 15mg CA

and if you are fortunate enough to find the following:

Banaba 10% - 150mg x .10 = 15mg CA
Banaba 20% - 75mg x .20 = 15mg CA

emiliozapata

emiliozapata

Awards
  • Established
Do you mean to increase the function /sensitivity of , or the actual physical numbers? Those supps mentioned will likely not change the physical numbers of GLUT 4 receptors

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Banaba Leaf extracts standardized for 1%, 1.5%, and 2% are common and easy to find. Depending on the standardization just adjust to dosage accordingly. For example:

Banaba 1% - 1500mg x .01 = 15mg CA
Banaba 1.5% - 1000mg x 0.015 = 15mg CA
Banaba 2% - 750mg x .02 = 15mg CA

and if you are fortunate enough to find the following:

Banaba 10% - 150mg x .10 = 15mg CA
Banaba 20% - 75mg x .20 = 15mg CA
Would dosing 1g of bulk agmatine sulfate powder two or three times per day be just as effective?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Would dosing 1g of bulk agmatine sulfate powder two or three times per day be just as effective?
As effective, probably not as effective as some of the other options listed in here. But it is great to use for GDA purposes as it improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles.and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
As effective, probably not as effective as some of the other options listed in here. But it is great to use for GDA purposes as it improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles.and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue
I can find bulk Agmatine Sulfate but not any banaba extracts.
Do you know if Agmatine Sulfate has a build up effect or is it just dose dependant?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HSK helped you out, plus it's a dose tested out in humans with good results.

iirc 500mg of berberine was comparable to a solid dose of metformin, any reason for 1.5g of berberine?
I was suggesting that for an entire day. Some people experience GI distress at this dose and 1000 mg is fine for most people.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on stacking agmatine sulfate with Swanson's Premium Berberine Complex for nutrient partitioning?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you know if Agmatine Sulfate has a build up effect or is it just dose dependant?
I am unsure. Perhaps someone else in this thread could better answer that for you.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
It will help but as AntM1564 said, some of the other supplements listed above will be more effective/potent at lower dose.

Swanson's High Potency Banaba Extract 2% Corosolic Acid (60mg x 90 caps)
Paradise Herbs Banaba Leaf 1.5% Corosolic Acid Vegetarian Capsules (250mg x 60 or 180 caps)
If you want bulk powder you can try Amazon, Ebay, or search engine.

It is possible to build a tolerance for any supplement. Most people use 1g-3g daily. I use 2g-2.5g daily for pain management, and any pump or GDA benefit is secondary for me as there are better options.

Thoughts on stacking agmatine sulfate with Swanson's Premium Berberine Complex for nutrient partitioning?
You can probably combine 500mg-1000mg of Agmatine Sulfate with the product you mentioned for each meal. You can also make your own DIY GDA with some common ingredients that can all be found at the retailer you mentioned.

Swanson's Berberine (400 mg x 60 Caps)
Swanson's High Potency Banaba Extract 2% Corosolic Acid (60mg x 90 caps)
Swanson's Gymnema Sylvestre 75% Gymnemic Acid (300mg x 90 caps)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/240724-how-combine-banaba.html

The thread above should give you an idea how to combine 3 of the most common GDAs and then just add however much Agamtine you would like accordingly. You other option is to look at some of the GDA formulas with open labels and see how they dose the product you want to use and then you can use that as a guide. You should also try each of the ingredients individually to see how you respond and then decide if you want to add it into a formula.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just use the ingredients in bulk. That complex is underdosed for certain compounds

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Just use the ingredients in bulk. That complex is underdosed for certain compounds
Can't find any bulk Berberine or banaba extract over here in the UK. I spent a decent amount of time looking last night and haven't been able to find anything decent

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thoughts on 18% corsolic acid?

I'm seeing a few supplements with that extract in it, but other sites stating 2% is one of the highest?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on 18% corsolic acid?

I'm seeing a few supplements with that extract in it, but other sites stating 2% is one of the highest?
The ones with 18% (glucofit/glucohelp) are overpriced and under dosed. You would need to take an obscene amount of those gel caps to get a reasonable amount of total Corosolic Acid which would make it uneconomical. As far as single ingredient bulk capsules are concerned, 1.0%, 1.5% and 2.0% Corosolic Acid are the highest that can be found easily.

Discontinued Products that were known to have high % Corosolic Acid extracts:

USP Labs Pslin - Prop Blend formula with min 10% Corosolic Acid
EBF/LBF Recompadrol - Prop blend formula with min 20% Corosolic Acid
USP Powders - Pslin bulk powder (min 10% Corosolic Acid)
Nutraplanet - 20% Corosolic Acid bulk powder

I am sure many members here will agree with me when I say that these discontinued products have been missed greatly, especially Recompadrol.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't find any bulk Berberine or banaba extract over here in the UK. I spent a decent amount of time looking last night and haven't been able to find anything decent
Check nutraplanet, I remember them selling it. Never buy a berberine powder, lol. It stains yellow like crazy

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1500 mg of berberine, 15 mg of corosolic acid a day, and 300-600 mg of na-r-ala; expensive but it's what you asked for
may have to work up to that berberine amount and not all at once...

hsk

Awards
  • Established
You can also add Vanadyl Sulfate (Vanadium) and GTF Chromium (Chromium Polynicotinate). These should be easy to find and are both and affordable.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can also add Vanadyl Sulfate (Vanadium) and GTF Chromium (Chromium Polynicotinate). These should be easy to find and are both and affordable.
What do these do?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
What do these do?
They are both minerals and have been studied for their effects in diabetics and insulin resistance. Vanadium can lower blood glucose and block gluconeogenesis. Chromium can help the body use insulin more efficiently. They have been around a long time and can be found individually and in formulas.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Let me know if I'm wrong but I this is how I see it,
We eat food-
Food gets broken down into nutrients-
Nutrients are taken into the blood stream-
Glut 4 takes the nutrients from the blood stream and puts them into muscle tissue-
Muscle tissue size increases.

This leads me to two questions,

1)Does this mean that Glut 4 sensitivity has a direct effect on increasing muscle size?
2)How much can we realistically increase muscle size with these insulin sensitizers/mimetics?

pbandy1

Awards
any thoughts on acute caffeine usage potentially reducing Glut4 expression?

study for reference: Acute vs chronic caffeine: Are the effects on insulin sensitivity mediated by altered insulin/AMPK signaling pathway?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you mean to increase the function /sensitivity of , or the actual physical numbers? Those supps mentioned will likely not change the physical numbers of GLUT 4 receptors
More specifically the expression of GLUT4

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
any thoughts on acute caffeine usage potentially reducing Glut4 expression?

study for reference: Acute vs chronic caffeine: Are the effects on insulin sensitivity mediated by altered insulin/AMPK signaling pathway?
Haven't read the study but I've read a few things regarding caffeine lowering insulin resistance, which would be beneficial

pbandy1

Awards
Haven't read the study but I've read a few things regarding caffeine lowering insulin resistance, which would be beneficial
hmmm, examine.com seems to suggest that caffeine anhydrous can acutely increase insulin sensitivity in humans.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hmmm, examine.com seems to suggest that caffeine anhydrous can acutely increase insulin sensitivity in humans.
Yea that's essentially the same thing, lowering resistance and increasing sensitivity

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since we all agree Berberine HCL, Banaba, Na-R-ALA, Agmatine, etc are some of the top GDA ingredients, wouldn't SlinMax seem like a logical choice for people looking to put together a stack of those components? Yes, I am a Performax rep, however I am looking at it from more of a convenience aspect.

TF Supplements has SlinMax buy one get one 50% off. That makes it $24.74 a bottle. To me it seems like buying 4 or 5 products and stacking them would be a pita.

At 4 caps per day you would get:
500mg Na-R-ALA
1500mg Agmatine
400mg Berberine
200mg Banaba at 2% Corosolic
Plus the 4-hydroxyisoluecine

pbandy1

Awards
Yea that's essentially the same thing, lowering resistance and increasing sensitivity
sorry... mistake on my part. I meant that examine shows that acute caffeine intake can increase insulin RESISTANCE in humans.

In the grand scheme of things, not a big deal most likely. Plenty of lean individuals here with high caffeine intake.

CT21

Awards
Since we all agree Berberine HCL, Banaba, Na-R-ALA, Agmatine, etc are some of the top GDA ingredients, wouldn't SlinMax seem like a logical choice for people looking to put together a stack of those components? Yes, I am a Performax rep, however I am looking at it from more of a convenience aspect.

TF Supplements has SlinMax buy one get one 50% off. That makes it $24.74 a bottle. To me it seems like buying 4 or 5 products and stacking them would be a pita.

At 4 caps per day you would get:
500mg Na-R-ALA
1500mg Agmatine
400mg Berberine
200mg Banaba at 2% Corosolic
Plus the 4-hydroxyisoluecine

Your killing me, gutta pull out the ol cc now

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your killing me, gutta pull out the ol cc now
Haha my bad. I honestly was just saying it's pretty hard to beat that price.

I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it though!

CT21

Awards
Haha my bad. I honestly was just saying it's pretty hard to beat that price.

I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it though!
I have to be carefull with agamatine though, as in the past after several days of use it builds up in my system it causes causes my migraines and epilesy to act up.

Im going to give slinmax a try though as i hadnt used agamtine in over a year due to that issue but this past weekend at the NPC ECC, where i placed 2nd in the novice heavy weight out of 7 guys, i threw 500mg in with my gda stack 15mins before meals and not only did I liked it alot I havnt noticed any side effects yet. Im wondering if it has anything to do with taking it with food as in the past i just took it on an empty stomach pre workout.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm wondering what's the optimal amount of time prior to a meal to take these supplements?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering what's the optimal amount of time prior to a meal to take these supplements?
15 min to 30 min is the average recommendation on most GDA formulas and bulk powders. I've waited as long as 60-90 min sometimes due to unplanned interruptions that cause me to have to wait a little longer before eating.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My current stack:

berberine 500mg
R-ALA 200mg
Cinnamon 4:1 300mg
Chromium polynicotinate 200mcg
Corsolic acid 1.5% 250mg

Thoughts?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
My current stack:

berberine 500mg
R-ALA 200mg
Cinnamon 4:1 300mg
Chromium polynicotinate 200mcg
Corsolic acid 1.5% 250mg

Thoughts?
Looks good. Although not necessary, possible additions would be gymnema 75%, vanadyl sulfate and maybe some HCA 50/60%.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks good. Although not necessary, possible additions would be gymnema 75%, vanadyl sulfate and maybe some HCA 50/60%.
Cool. What would be the benefit of the HCA?

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plan on using all of these for thanksgiving