What do you use for nighttime craving control?

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Curious about what you all use for nighttime to keep cravings at bay, or suppressed. I am cutting currently and im fine through the day but at night i have a hard time staying asleep and controlling the cravings down.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's a tough one. Seems for a lot of us, night time is when we tend to over eat. A lot of it is psychological, you need to just build new habits.

When things get rough, a tablespoon of coconut oil will really kill your appetite. The next runner up, if it's just that you want to taste something, is a tablespoon of PBFit. And finally, if you really need something to eat, greek yogurt (Light and Fit has just 80 calories) can be filling and helpful.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
That's a tough one. Seems for a lot of us, night time is when we tend to over eat. A lot of it is psychological, you need to just build new habits.

When things get rough, a tablespoon of coconut oil will really kill your appetite. The next runner up, if it's just that you want to taste something, is a tablespoon of PBFit. And finally, if you really need something to eat, greek yogurt (Light and Fit has just 80 calories) can be filling and helpful.
Ill give the coconut oil a shot, my appetite kinda goes crazy at night my stimulant usage helps throughout the day. So i dont have that aid at night.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I save calories for bedtime, but from my experience Relora can help with appetite control and relaxation at night but anything that positively affect cortisol might help.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know when I start to have night time cravings its time for bed so I try to train myself to just go to bed when i get hungry at night. Also i'll try to be under on my caloric intake that way at the end of the day if I do have night time cravings I will already be under my maintenance.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I save calories for bedtime, but from my experience Relora can help with appetite control and relaxation at night but anything that positively affect cortisol might help.
This. Leave lots of calories for dinnner and you can always consume lots of filling, low calories greens.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Pro complex by ON has a super high protein, low everything else profile.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Save cals/macros for night.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I schedule a snack for that time of night to tide me through the night.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have to work on that self control. My mindset is always this - what's going to be more satisfying? Giving into this craving? Or achieving the results I want? My answer will always be results. Sure no one is perfect but you just have to stay dedicated my friend

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have to work on that self control. My mindset is always this - what's going to be more satisfying? Giving into this craving? Or achieving the results I want? My answer will always be results. Sure no one is perfect but you just have to stay dedicated my friend
This is an option when you're awake, but it sounds like he's waking up while trying to sleep. I try and work in a snack around bedtime and it seems to work for me.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Things I have found that help:

Intermittent Fasting with last meal in the evening.

Sauerkraut - almost zero calories (5?)

Walmart 'Acid Reducer' (Cimetadine) I'm experimenting with this now. **Note** There *can* be negative side effects, do your research.

All of this is/has been tried at Maintenance ('cept Sauerkraut - I live on that stuff when cutting), so I have NO IDEA how they will fair when I cut :D Adding Coconut Oil sounds like a winner - recent study on Suppversity showed positive outcome on appetite.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards

I have discipline, im cutting down from 264.5 currently 243 with 4 pack showing. im very carb sensitive i can explode on carbs and i have to cut them out pretty low to get really lean, blessing and a curse at the same time. I just dont want the lack of sleep to be a hinderance to recovery thats my biggest hangup. I can tough it out craving wise lol but i need the rest. Im doing cardio 2x per day with training.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Things I have found that help:

Intermittent Fasting with last meal in the evening.

Sauerkraut - almost zero calories (5?)

Walmart 'Acid Reducer' (Cimetadine) I'm experimenting with this now. **Note** There *can* be negative side effects, do your research.

All of this is/has been tried at Maintenance ('cept Sauerkraut - I live on that stuff when cutting), so I have NO IDEA how they will fair when I cut :D Adding Coconut Oil sounds like a winner - recent study on Suppversity showed positive outcome on appetite.
Gotcha, thanks brother, I will look into it. I couldnt tell you the last time i tried sauerkraut ill give that a go as well!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Gotcha, thanks brother, I will look into it. I couldnt tell you the last time i tried sauerkraut ill give that a go as well!
I get big cans of 'Silver Floss' Sauerkraut at Walmart, pretty cheap too. As a side benefit, being fermented, it does good things for your gut - so it's healthy to boot!

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Larger doses of glutamine seem to help.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm normally okay with taking some sort of fiber bar with whey at night