Xgels and fish oil dosing

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
I've read a ton of posts about not dosing fish oil close to your ArA which I'm not. I have currently been dosing fish oil at 7am, ArA at 3pm and fish oil again at 11pm before bed. This is 8hrs apart.

Will this AT ALL hinder the ArA since I'm dosing away from it or will it STILL have an affect since I'm taking it at all? Basically I don't want the fish oil dose to undo what the ArA is doing because it is still in my system.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
As far apart as possible is the general advice. You don't need to dose the O-3's twice, do them all at 11PM. Heck, recent Rat research showed that bolus dosing your entire weeks worth of O-3's in one sitting, may even be better - eat 3-4 cans of canned Salmon on an off day and call it good!

elo76

elo76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I will dose everything at 11pm then. Do you know if dosing fish oil 8hrs after as opposed to nothing will hinder the ArA though?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I think that would be "Majoring in the Minors" - 8hrs apart is fine.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
As far apart as possible is the general advice. You don't need to dose the O-3's twice, do them all at 11PM. Heck, recent Rat research showed that bolus dosing your entire weeks worth of O-3's in one sitting, may even be better - eat 3-4 cans of canned Salmon on an off day and call it good!
Just heard this on SHR, and took up the practice myself....interested to see if it impacts inflammation noticeably

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
There would be so little (if any) impact that you'd never be able to tell a difference. Stick to whatever dosing is convenient and forget about it.

The stress of worrying about such tiny things like this will do more to hamper your gains than the supp timing ha

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
There would be so little (if any) impact that you'd never be able to tell a difference. Stick to whatever dosing is convenient and forget about it.

The stress of worrying about such tiny things like this will do more to hamper your gains than the supp timing ha
You may be correct in that a person may not be able to tell, but A. It was proven in Rat research, and B. Swallowing/eating a bunch capsules/fish one day a week, is a lot easier than doling out 3 caps a day for 7 days, and trying to time it as far away from X-Gels as possible... IMO :D

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You may be correct in that a person may not be able to tell, but A. It was proven in Rat research, and B. Swallowing/eating a bunch capsules/fish one day a week, is a lot easier than doling out 3 caps a day for 7 days, and trying to time it as far away from X-Gels as possible... IMO :D
oh im not saying one way is right or wrong... just that it matter so little.

were talking a difference of like <1g of muscle haha.