Cortisol control products

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to get something to help manage cortisol. My stress levels are particularly high (I'm also trying to eliminate stress through means of meditation and lifestyle changes) and am new to cortisol products yet there seems to be a lot out there. Are there any well proven products recommended so I'm not just throwing money out the window?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Iron Legion Invictus.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Reduce Xt from SNS

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Definitely read up on Ashwagandha (KSM-66). I've found it to be very helpful with reducing stress and making me more easy going

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Reduce XT by SNS. My favorite product from our line(okay maybe Focus XT because it's basically in my bloodstream 24/7 or CEL M Test because the formula is beautiful)

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want an all-in-one product, i don't think that Reduce XT can be beat. I am a huge fan of Ashwagandha however.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Reduce XT is legit

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies..Looks like Reduce XT gets the majority vote so I'll put my order in for that.

Ashwagandha sounds interesting I'll do some more googling on that one, cheers!

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By your post history I see that you are interested in anabolics. Then you might consider Sup3r-11 by OL. Pretty few side effects and low supression but still a prohormone so prepare.
Nuttriverse (www.nutri-verse.com) has a BOGO for it for a couple of days yet. Great price and Sup3r-11 is great for cortisol control.
http://www.nutri-verse.com/sup3r-11-bogo/

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Definitely read up on Ashwagandha (KSM-66). I've found it to be very helpful with reducing stress and making me more easy going
If you want an all-in-one product, i don't think that Reduce XT can be beat. I am a huge fan of Ashwagandha however.
X3 for Ashwagandha and KSM.
I'm also for Reduce XT too, got two bottles waiting for me in my stash

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Cheers, yeah I might look into it further for a future cycle. Looks like it'd have made a great product for the cut but running 6 weeks of halo in a month so don't want any anabolics in my system just yet.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Cheers, yeah I might look into it further for a future cycle. Looks like it'd have made a great product for the cut but running 6 weeks of halo in a month so don't want any anabolics in my system just yet.
Reduce XT and KSM 66 aren't anabolics, they're anti-catabolics

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Was responding to bosskardo re: sup3r-11, yes I'll be running reduce XT shortly. Looking forward to it.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By your post history I see that you are interested in anabolics. Then you might consider Sup3r-11 by OL. Pretty few side effects and low supression but still a prohormone so prepare.
Nuttriverse (www.nutri-verse.com) has a BOGO for it for a couple of days yet. Great price and Sup3r-11 is great for cortisol control.
http://www.nutri-verse.com/sup3r-11-bogo/
Super 11 does nothing for cortisol control on a systematic level. Its more of a targeted mid section cortisol control product.

Better choices for systematic cortisol control would be

Reduce XT
Invictus
KSM-66
phosphatidylserine

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Depending on what your cycle is, you could also consider Alphamax XT to use as a follow up to your cycle. Alphamax XT is a natural product that can help to increase natural testosterone while limiting cortisol and estrogen production. Alphamax XT contains Ashwagandha as well, along with a natural AI that can be very beneficial for stress reduction and controlling hormone levels, especially after a cycle

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Antaeus Labs Hydra head 6
Iron legion Invictus
KSM-66
HICA

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
Currently on reduce xt, staying lean after my super 11/GW cut cycle

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to get something to help manage cortisol. My stress levels are particularly high (I'm also trying to eliminate stress through means of meditation and lifestyle changes) and am new to cortisol products yet there seems to be a lot out there. Are there any well proven products recommended so I'm not just throwing money out the window?
letrone from black lion research with formeron (sp) should do the trick. it was prob the best stack I have ever used and if you have additional funds follidrone 2.0 would make it complete.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sns reduce xt.

It's literally the standard for cortisol control products and usually the best priced product on the market.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Alphamax XT has all the goodies to control cortisol and estrogen, contains the patented form of ashwagandha ksm-66. I've used a few brands of ashwagandha also but my new favourite is jarrow ashwagandha. 120 caps x 300mg,makes a big difference to how I deal with the stresses of everyday life, will probably take this forever.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alphamax XT has all the goodies to control cortisol and estrogen, contains the patented form of ashwagandha ksm-66. I've used a few brands of ashwagandha also but my new favourite is jarrow ashwagandha. 120 caps x 300mg,makes a big difference to how I deal with the stresses of everyday life, will probably take this forever.
This! Here is a study that I found a few years back. Long read but basically shows that ashwagandha effectively helps with stress. I have more on specially cortisol I just have to find them.

Context: Stress is a state of mental or emotional strain or tension, which can lead to underperformance and adverse clinical conditions. Adaptogens are herbs that help in combating stress. Ayurvedic classical texts, animal studies and clinical studies describe Ashwagandha as a safe and effective adaptogen.

Aims: The aim of the study was to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of Ashwagandha roots in reducing stress and anxiety and in improving the general well-being of adults who were under stress. Settings and Design: Single center, prospective, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.

Methods: A total of 64 subjects with a history of chronic stress were enrolled into the study after performing relevant clinical examinations and laboratory tests. These included a measurement of serum cortisol, and assessing their scores on standard stress-assessment questionnaires. They were randomized to either the placebo control group or the study drug treatment group, and were asked to take one capsule twice a day for a period of 60 days. In the study drug treatment group, each capsule contained 300 mg of high-concentration full-spectrum extract from the root of the Ashwagandha plant. During the treatment period (on Day 15, Day 30 and Day 45), a follow-up telephone call was made to all subjects to check for treatment compliance and to note any adverse reactions. Final safety and efficacy assessments were done on Day 60. Statistical Analysis: t-test, Mann-Whitney test. Results: The treatment group that was given the high-concentration full-spectrum Ashwagandha root extract exhibited a significant reduction (P<0.0001) in scores on all the stress-assessment scales on Day 60, relative to the placebo group. The serum cortisol levels were substantially reduced (P=0.0006) in the Ashwagandha group, relative to the placebo group. The adverse effects were mild in nature and were comparable in both the groups. No serious adverse events were reported.

Conclusion: The findings of this study suggest that a high-concentration full-spectrum Ashwagandha root extract safely and effectively improves an individual's resistance towards stress and thereby improves self-assessed quality of life.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Iron Legion Invictus
SNS Reduce-XT
Ashwagandha

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hello everyone! Newbie here...about time I got on a site like this! I have been working out for over twenty years and buying supplements for the past 8 or so. I look forward to sharing and learning with all of you.

I have tried OL Super-11, Iron 11-KT and Iron Invictus. I would have to say Invictus was the most enjoyable for me as far as no side effects and best results.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used Iron legion Invictus at 1 dropper a day and saw nothing and my TRT labs showed no difference. I then upped to 2 droppers a day and saw and noticed a difference in leanness and generally felt calmer in the mornings. So it works, but is too expensive to continue at that rate.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used Iron legion Invictus at 1 dropper a day and saw nothing and my TRT labs showed no difference. I then upped to 2 droppers a day and saw and noticed a difference in leanness and generally felt calmer in the mornings. So it works, but is too expensive to continue at that rate.
2 ml per day?
How much skin did you cover? Spread it out.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kisaj what's your choice for cortisol control?

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About Invictus. Most advice was to apply to chest and upper back but I found it works well locally too. Had a strained muscle and when applied on it directly, definately got a little faster recovery.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I dont think you will find anything better than Reduce XT
I've got reduce XT and Inhibit E on the way. Sounds like that'll cover the bases. thanks again for the responses

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good choices on the reduce XT and Inhibit E. Once you are done with those, definitely check out something with ashwagandha, it is a staple of mine.

Ashwagandha has been mentioned a lot and for good reason. Another great reason to supplement with ashwagandha is its ability to increase strength, performance, recovery and muscle mass.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4658772/

This study reports that ashwagandha supplementation is associated with significant increases in muscle mass and strength and suggests that ashwagandha supplementation may be useful in conjunction with a resistance training program.
http://www.ergo-log.com/ashwagandha-strength-lean-body-mass-fat-percentage.html

Another ingredient that I did not see mentioned is Tongkat Ali. In addition to reducing stress hormones, it also increases libido, which is always good.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3669033/

These results indicate that daily supplementation with tongkat ali root extract improves stress hormone profile and certain mood state parameters, suggesting that this “ancient” remedy may be an effective approach to shielding the body from the detrimental effects of “modern” chronic stress, which may include general day-to-day stress, as well as the stress of dieting, sleep deprivation, and exercise training.
With that in mind, you could kind both online and add them to your daily supplements. Another option is adding AlphaMax XT for 4-8 weeks. Not only do you get full doses of ashwagandha and tongkat ali, but also severAL Other ingredients to help boost testosterone, increase performance and increase lean mass.

What's nice about ashwagandha is that after an 8 week run of AlphaMax XT, you could still supplement with ashwagandha, taking little breaks here and there. If you want to see how ashwagandha and tongkat ali treat you before purchasing AlphaMax XT, I would look online for them and if you like how you feel, introduce AlphaMax XT.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AntM1564
What dose ashwagandha are you taking?

I just started, I think it was 120mg KSM. I usually take 1 cap and 2 on harder days. Is that a good dose if I plan to take it long term?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I take 1 300mg cap twice per day.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AntM1564
What dose ashwagandha are you taking?

I just started, I think it was 120mg KSM. I usually take 1 cap and 2 on harder days. Is that a good dose if I plan to take it long term?
The picture below is the brand I use and the brand I think most people use. 1 cap (300mg) twice daily.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've got reduce XT and Inhibit E on the way. Sounds like that'll cover the bases. thanks again for the responses
Awesome stack! You won't be disappointed.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where are you getting 8% from?
The researchers engaged a local laboratory to fill cellulose-based vegetarian capsules with either 300 mg of starch or 300 mg of a high-concentration ashwagandha root extract, KSM-66, manufactured by Ixoreal BioMed, Los Angeles, California, USA. This extract was produced using a water-based process using no alcohol or solvents and is standardized to a 5 % concentration of withanolides as measured by HPLC.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4658772/
KSM-66 withanolide content is measured by HPLC and is found to be of >5% concentration.
http://www.ksm66ashwagandhaa.com/did_you_know.html
It's >5% withanolides
http://www.ksm66ashwagandhaa.com/specification_sheet.html

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right my bad. 5%.
I'm old. 5s and 8s sometimes look the same.

Thanks.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Cool. I picked up some ashwagandha as it's pretty cheap online. What is the minimal dose to see effects from this product? The brand I bought is dosed at 450mg per cap.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
450 should be fine. The studies that I've read have been 400-600mg

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Nice pick up man. Reduce XT is great for lowering cortisol as it is formulated specifically for that.

Inhibit E is also one of my favourite products from our line. No doubt you'll enjoy both. Keep us posted!