Homemade pump pwo

• Thread starter Br1ck_Sh1thouse
  • Start date

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Hey everybody, ever since going keto I haven't been able to find a good pump supplement that I don't need to take like 4 servings of to get a good pump. So I'm looking to create my own and wanted to get peoples thoughts /ideas.

I'm currently thinking :

L-citrulline
L-arginine
Potassium nitrate (food grade)
Hydromax
Betaine
Beet root powder

Others?

I'll be taking it along side my stim pwo, just need something extra for more pump.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey everybody, ever since going keto I haven't been able to find a good pump supplement that I don't need to take like 4 servings of to get a good pump. So I'm looking to create my own and wanted to get peoples thoughts /ideas.

I'm currently thinking :

L-citrulline
L-arginine
Hydromax
Betaine
Beet root powder

Others?

I'll be taking it along side my stim pwo, just need something extra for more pump.
I would definitely add Agmatine to your list. Another supplement to consider is ArA. This alone will give you great pumps. Now add it into a pump product like what you are doing and it will be great. Best pumps I've had come from a pre workout or non stim pre workout along with ArA.

I know you said you haven't found a supplement that gives you the pump you are wanting, but Performax Labs JUST released VasoMax. VasoMax is our stim free pre workout. Some of the ingredients that you listed are also found in VasoMax.

You hit on a few of them but one of the more popular ingredients that is starting to be used in pre workouts or pump products is Amentoflavone. Amentoflavone is used to dilate blood vessels without the use of nitrates. Yes, VasoMax has nitrates but this gives another way to dilate them. Amentoflavone has a few benefits like strength gains caused by muscle contraction but I won't get into the other benefits since you are focused on achieving the best pump possible. Amentoflavone is also a PDE5 inhibitor which ultimately results in vasodilation and can promote pumps during training.

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
I would definitely add Agmatine to your list. Another supplement to consider is ArA. This alone will give you great pumps. Now add it into a pump product like what you are doing and it will be great. Best pumps I've had come from a pre workout or non stim pre workout along with ArA.

I know you said you haven't found a supplement that gives you the pump you are wanting, but Performax Labs JUST released VasoMax. VasoMax is our stim free pre workout. Some of the ingredients that you listed are also found in VasoMax.

You hit on a few of them but one of the more popular ingredients that is starting to be used in pre workouts or pump products is Amentoflavone. Amentoflavone is used to dilate blood vessels without the use of nitrates. Yes, VasoMax has nitrates but this gives another way to dilate them. Amentoflavone has a few benefits like strength gains caused by muscle contraction but I won't get into the other benefits since you are focused on achieving the best pump possible. Amentoflavone is also a PDE5 inhibitor which ultimately results in vasodilation and can promote pumps during training.
So I thought ArA was really only beneficial for those who didn't eat much meat? No? Am I confused?
I definitely look into the amento.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I thought ArA was really only beneficial for those who didn't eat much meat? No? Am I confused?
I definitely look into the amento.
I've never heard of that before. Many people use it while bulking.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established

I'm currently thinking :

L-citrulline
L-arginine
Hydromax
Betaine
Beet root powder

Others?

I wouldn't bother with the L-Arinine tbh, Citrulline converts to arginne in the kidneys.
You could consider PA and Agmatine for muscle pump and enhance fullness. Maybe some Choline Bitartrate too, for that real zoned in focus

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Defiatelly take out Arginine and add Agmatine (1g dose should be sweet spot).
Maybe consider swapping Potassium Nitrate for Arginine Nitrate. Or have both. As far as I've read, Potassium Nitrate is more effective but Arginine Nitrate keeps you from getting tolerance for them.
Taurine works similarly to Hydromax (hydrates muscles). Also good for using with stims, takes a little of the nervousness off.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Moderate/High Carbohydrate diet, and a sh&t ton of high reps. Am I the only one who gets a "pump" with volume, even if I just drink water?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Moderate/High Carbohydrate diet, and a sh&t ton of high reps. Am I the only one who gets a "pump" with volume, even if I just drink water?
OP is on a Keto diet so carbs are not an available luxury. I def get great pumps with volume and staying hydrated. I get pumps easily. Pump products can make it unbearable at times and I personally don't rely on them but I do enjoy "taking something" PWO.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As mentioned above, ara (xgels), agmatine (agmatine xt), and gms are all great options.

As someone thats fairly low carb most of the time myself tho, theres nothing that will get you pumped like you would be if you had carbs in your body. its flat out (see what I did there ;) )impossible.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First off, if you're primarily after pumps, going keto is akin to shooting yourself in the foot before running a race, it's just not going to benefit you much. Are you doing keto for health reasons, or just to try the diet out? Carbs definitely help give a fuller, more rounded shape to the muscle, and greatly help in performance and generating a solid pump.

Aside from that, check out any of these ingredients:

Potassium Nitrate
Agmatine
Citrulline / Citrulline Malate
HydroMax

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
vegetable glycerine

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Agmatine XT (double the dose, the same price).

Otherwise it looks pretty decent as is. No need to use every vasodilator under the sun. Pick a couple, dose them well.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's no need for the beetroot powder. The purpose of it is supposed to be nitrates, but the nitrate content of beetroot powder is so low that it's only going to provide a negligible amount of nitrates. Most beetroot extracts aren't even standardized for nitrates, and one of the bigger-name ones that is is only 1.5% nitrates, so even 1g of it would only yield 15mg nitrates. You're better off with something like arginine nitrate or potassium nitrate. As for how do dose nitrates, I'd aim for at least 400mg nitrates (not 400mg potassium nitrate, but 400mg nitrate from potassium nitrate, which is about 60% nitrate, for example), but less than 1000mg nitrates. More isn't always better, and taking too high of a dose of nitrates can lead to decreasing blood pressure more than you want. My go-to for non-stim pumps is the new VasoMax, which has 810mg potassium nitrate (yielding just under 500mg nitrates), as well as a big dose of Hydromax and GSNO.

Citrulline and agmatine are also great for pumps, but with them, there's really no need for arginine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PhantomReaper Nutrition / Health 56
Supplements 7
Steezy Supplements 39
Supplements 12
zwa004 Supplements 10