Best horny goat weed extract and product

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It doesn't seem like there's much out there other than a few companies that sell this and those companies seem like a gimmick. Does anyone have experience or suggestions

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Swanson has 300mg(50% Icarrin)@30 pills for around $20.

A bit pricey, but I picked up two bottles BOGO with 20% off. Haven't used it yet, but from what I heard it is top quality.

Might pick up a 20% Icarrin to stack it with. Get the best of both extracts. I remeber liking a 20% about 7 years ago, but know its not as effective. Few companies with 98%(lift mode, bad monkey) but poor reviews. Seems 30-60% is the sweet spot.

Powder City has a mid/high extract(I think 40%) but poor reviews, and know one person who had a bad experience with it.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
we have a high amount in K1NGS Blood which has a lot of other similar ingredients as well. If you'd like to try it out I can honor the pre-sale price of 29.99, just message me!

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I've used Swanson's 50% Icariin and it is legit. Like the other poster said, buy when they are running 20% off specials. I also recommend Livelong Nutrition Icariin 40% as well. This is the best value I have found for a good quality Icariin extract. Try to pick it up when its on sale as well.

In my opinion and experience, the best quality extracts are standardized to 40%-60% Icariin content. If possible try to ask for a COA that can show the product is standardized for Icariin. Also make sure the product specifies "ICARIIN" and not "ICARIINS". These mean two totally different things with regards to the quality of the extract with the latter being a cheaper inferior product. Sometimes the sellers of the product don't even know the difference and they may inadvertently mislabel and incorrectly advertise the product.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used Swanson's 50% Icariin and it is legit. Like the other poster said, buy when they are running 20% off specials. I also recommend Livelong Nutrition Icariin 40% as well. This is the best value I ave found for a god quality Icariin extract. Try to pick it up when its on sale as well.

In my opinion and experience, the best quality extracts are standardized to 40%-60% Icariin content. If possible try to ask for a COA that can show the product is standardized for Icariin. Also make sure the product specifies "ICARIIN" and not "ICARIINS". These mean two totally different things with regards to the quality of the extract with the latter being a cheaper inferior product. Sometimes the sellers of the product don't even know the difference and they may inadvertently mislabel and incorrectly advertise the product.
Also important that its 20% via HPLC and not UV and yes watch out about the icariins vs icariin absolutely!

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Icariin 60 any good, it's the one I see all over the Internet

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You should be able to find good quality stuff with Google. Due to board rules, I had to cut the supplier name out.

Attachments

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
we have a high amount in K1NGS Blood which has a lot of other similar ingredients as well. If you'd like to try it out I can honor the pre-sale price of 29.99, just message me!
chainsaw
Depending on what your goal is for Icariin, this option would likely give you far more benefits, and at a great price to boot.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
chainsaw
Depending on what your goal is for Icariin, this option would likely give you far more benefits, and at a great price to boot.
Kings blood looks great, and I would use it in pct for future cycle, but right now u want to run hgw solo as I want to see its effects alone, thanks though

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should be able to find good quality stuff with Google. Due to board rules, I had to cut the supplier name out.
Haven't read one positive review for this. Quite a few theories why.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Haven't read one positive review for this. Quite a few theories why.
As in they don't exist, or they are all bad? Not a mainstream company, but they have been talked about on here a few times in a positive light (IIRC). I've used other stuff they sell and it all looked, smelled, and tasted the same as other trusted bulk suppliers - but I never needed the Icariin, so that one I didn't try, so who knows.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Someone mentioned in another thread that most effective range for Icariin extracts is around 40%-60%.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/221159-icariin-estrogen-booster-2.html#post4183105

Based on my own experience, I have tried everything from full spectrum extracts all the way up to 60% Icariin. I have found that 40%-60% is a good range. Anything lower than 40% is not worth it. I've never gone higher than 60%, but anything higher than 60% is probably too expensive and may possibly be over extracted. I believe some of the other compounds and constituents of HGW likely play a role along with the Icariin itself with 40%-60% being the optimal range.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If it's extracted for Icariin, then it's extracted for Icariin. The only thing in it, better be Icariin :D Now, if it's a "Full Spectrum" extract, then ok - but I've never seen HGW touted for anything other than Icariin AND if you do get a "Full Spectrum" extract, it'll contain the possible Estrogen boosting Icaritin and Desmethylicaritin. And the % of the extract should only dictate how many milligrams one needs to take for an effective dose. It's like saying 50mg of a 95% Forskolin extract (47.5mg) is better than 250mg of a 20% Extract (50mg). IT ISN'T - it's ~50mg of Forskolin (a little less in the 95% version, LOL).

This makes no sense to me:

I've tried icariin through the whole % range pretty much (cost me a damn fortune mind) and this is what I found result wise for blood flow, pump and libido:

10% = pretty lame
20% = not too bad
40% = pretty good
50% = good
60% = awesome
80% = not great
98% = lame

I was pretty confused about the drop in effectiveness from the 80% and 98% extracts but then I spoke to one of my pals who works at GNC and he was saying that they've trialled all of the percentages, even 100% pure and apparently from 70% upwards the icariin flavonoids become over-extracted and lose their effectiveness which does tie in with what I've been getting from it.
First off - all those things are subjective, and can be influenced by a multitude of different things, on different days. How is blood flow different from pump? How is it measured? Were carb, electrolyte and water identical each time? Where do I get a "Libido Machine"? Second, "A guy at GNC said..."? Come on.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used Swanson's 50% Icariin and it is legit. Like the other poster said, buy when they are running 20% off specials. I also recommend Livelong Nutrition Icariin 40% as well. This is the best value I have found for a good quality Icariin extract. Try to pick it up when its on sale as well.

Well so much for me buying icariins from Tonvara!! Went for them on account of it being 50% extract. Ive wasted money on overpriced garbage! They go on my list of shady companies. Goes to show you cant rely on poster recommendations no matter how reputable they are!! Quite a few bigged up Tonvara on this board. Always do your own research I know but I was lazy!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Well so much for me buying icariins from Tonvara!! Went for them on account of it being 50% extract. Ive wasted money on overpriced garbage! They go on my list of shady companies. Goes to show you cant rely on poster recommendations no matter how reputable they are!! Quite a few bigged up Tonvara on this board. Always do your own research I know but I was lazy!
You should contact them and see what they say - could be a disconnect between the materials people and the web designer. They get their Turkesterone from the Institute of the Chemistry of Plant Substances in Uzbekistan - so I have a hard time believing they are trying to scam the customer?

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should contact them and see what they say - could be a disconnect between the materials people and the web designer. They get their Turkesterone from the Institute of the Chemistry of Plant Substances in Uzbekistan - so I have a hard time believing they are trying to scam the customer?
I have contacted them. Frankly if they dont review their labels or know the difference between icariin and icariins this is almost as damning

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got a reply. See reply below. Read into it what you will. Personally it doesn't reassure me. Implies he has no understanding of significance of differences between icariin and icariins and he doesn't state what testing standards they use. Short of breaking the tabs open and running an analysis I have no way of verifying his claims but want be making any more purchases from Tonvara

All raw materials are checked before being manufactured into tablets and we are satisfied that their purity and strength matches any other similar product, with or without an S.

You are entitled to your views but we have hundreds of regular users of this product and we are satisfied that our HGW product is always up to the high standards our customers expect.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Just got a reply. See reply below. Read into it what you will. Personally it doesn't reassure me. Implies he has no understanding of significance of differences between icariin and icariins and he doesn't state what testing standards they use. Short of breaking the tabs open and running an analysis I have no way of verifying his claims but want be making any more purchases from Tonvara

All raw materials are checked before being manufactured into tablets and we are satisfied that their purity and strength matches any other similar product, with or without an S.

You are entitled to your views but we have hundreds of regular users of this product and we are satisfied that our HGW product is always up to the high standards our customers expect.

In my experience, I have found that 40%-50% icariin is the best bang for the buck overall and you should be able to find many reputable companies that will offer a good quality extract at a fair price. It just takes some trial and error and a little luck. I would stick by LiveLong Nutrition as they have been around for a while and put out quality products. I was a big fan of their first Icariin product back in the day. Swanson's is good too and the best part of them is a 100% money back guarantee for up to one year I believe, and this includes any products you have opened and used.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tonvara is legit
Based on what? They are retailing a brand of icariin which is purported to be inferior and are either unaware or deliberately exploiting their target market

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Based on what? They are retailing a brand of icariin which is pirported to be inferior and are either unaware or deliberatley2 exploiting their target market
There might be some labeling issues or they are unaware, but I used many products of them, including doing some bloodwork and I would be very surprised if it was not legit. I took 50% icariin by Swanson and by them and surely could not tell the difference.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There might be some labeling issues or they are unaware, but I used many products of them, including doing some bloodwork and I would be very surprised if it was not legit. I took 50% icariin by Swanson and by them and surely could not tell the difference.
What products did you use and take blood work on?

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tale it you havent used their icariin?
I have. As I said no difference with regard to Swanson, however no bloodwork or whatever to back it up. It is my subjective impression

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You can't do blood work for a PDE5 inhibitor (at least not commonly) and/or "Libido"... we are starting to go down a rabbit hole here. I'd also like to see some science on how a 40-50% extract is superior to a 90% one.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont think anyone mentioned or requested bloodwork in relation to icariin?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd also like to see some science on how a 40-50% extract is superior to a 90% one.
Doubt any exist. Only chance is if Icariin isn't the only active resposible for the purported effects, but we know this to be unlikely.

I assume, higher extracts are subject to higher chances of degradation. For some reason I believe Icariin is an unstable ingrediant, but I have nothing to back that up.

I can recall atleast half a dozen forum posts across the net, suggesting poor or zero results from LM's 98%, with no sense that there was any hidden agenda.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kings blood only has 20% icariin extract No?
xtyler "thehuge" found a 20% icariin extract to be best hence why we went this route. The dose we used is no cheap inclusion at all its actually the most expensive component next to the high quality long jack extract we're using. Like with Kingsguard and all our other products we simply dont skimp out, and soon enough youll see KG and KB be essentials in everybody's supplement regimens :)

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
xtyler "thehuge" found a 20% icariin extract to be best hence why we went this route. The dose we used is no cheap inclusion at all its actually the most expensive component next to the high quality long jack extract we're using. Like with Kingsguard and all our other products we simply dont skimp out, and soon enough youll see KG and KB be essentials in everybody's supplement regimens :)
Interesting! Means you guys have formed a different view to the conventional wiadom held in this thread that more is generally better when it comes to %icariin extract?

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting! Means you guys have formed a different view to the conventional wiadom held in this thread that more is generally better when it comes to %icariin extract?
From a manufacturing perspective it doesnt make sense to use a 50 percent or 98 percent because unlike conventional reality you do not save money for using higher percentage extracts and whats most important is total icariin rather than percentage used. Most higher percentage extracts hide behind prop blends as well and my original statement was to describe how 20% icariins extracts are 3x cheaper than 20% icariin extracts.

xtyler

xtyler

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as your extract is -actually- what it's meant to be (no guesswork/taste-color "test", there's HPLC for this) there's no way on earth 100mg at 40% is better than 200mg at 20%. It just doesn't work that way.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From a manufacturing perspective it doesnt make sense to use a 50 percent or 98 percent because unlike conventional reality you do not save money for using higher percentage extracts and whats most important is total icariin rather than percentage used. Most higher percentage extracts hide behind prop blends as well and my original statement was to describe how 20% icariins extracts are 3x cheaper than 20% icariin extracts.
I just looked up this K1ng's Blood...is it dosed 10 caps for 3 days? (as it says 30 caps)..?
I can't see the dosage of how you run this in the previews of it.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just looked up this K1ng's Blood...is it dosed 10 caps for 3 days? (as it says 30 caps)..?
I can't see the dosage of how you run this in the previews of it.
Its 300 capsules

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've have been running Swanson 50% icarrin at 900mg day, pumps are great, and mild vara effect, also some aggression... I'd say it works

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
How fast does Icariin kick in in the libido department? Was thinking on trying Swanson, bloody expensive though.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty fast. Hgw is always my go-to for libido.

Nir

Awards
right now it says its on sale from 30 to 25. is this the sale people is talking about? trying to find a good price for them.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
right now it says its on sale from 30 to 25. is this the sale people is talking about? trying to find a good price for them.
No, its not. You have to sign up for their newsletter and they will send you emails with links to whatever promo they are running. When you recieve the email you click through the links and then it forwards you to the site with the current promo activated. Right now the current promo is 20% off all Swansons brands with free shipping on orders over $50. So with 20% off $25 it is $20.00($19.99) per bottle right now.

Nir

Awards
I've have been running Swanson 50% icarrin at 900mg day, pumps are great, and mild vara effect, also some aggression... I'd say it works
Your taking 6 caps a day? Damn. So basically 5 days per bottle.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your taking 6 caps a day? Damn. So basically 5 days per bottle.
3 caps a day 10 days a bottle, I bought it when I had 25% off so it was 17.99 a bottle or something.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
3 caps a day 10 days a bottle, I bought it when I had 25% off so it was 17.99 a bottle or something.
That was the old price. They raised prices on everything quietly last year after the company was bought by a private equity group at the beginning of 2016.http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160125005260/en/Swander-Pace-Capital-Acquires-Swanson-Health-Products
Some in-house products were also quietly downsized, down-graded and or reformulated by reducing total formula weight or by substituting % extracts with non standardized extracts. Make sure to read all labels and descriptions of any of their in-house branded products before you buy to make it is the same product, potency and formula you were previously buying.