Pre-Workout Timing

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Is there a certain period of time that someone should wait between their pre-workout meal and taking a pre-workout?

My current schedule puts my pre-workout meal about an hour before my workout. It's currently 50g of oats made with 50/50 water and milk + 30g of protein powder. I don't usually use pre's, but I've just bought a load of pre-workout samples to try and am wondering how I can fit them in with this type of time scale.

Thanks in advance and Reps are on offer ;)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
eat a pre workout meal a hr before gym time .. take a pre 20-30 after

ofcourse it all depends on whats in your pre .. welcome to addiction.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
eat a pre workout meal a hr before gym time .. take a pre 20-30 after

ofcourse it all depends on whats in your pre .. welcome to addiction.
I've got...
3 Performax Labs HyperMax XT
4 Olympus Labs Conqu3r Unleashed
2 IFN Max Out
1 Cobra Labs The Curse
1 Cobra Labs The Ripper
2 ProSupps Dr Jekyll
2 ProSupps Mr Hyde
2 Nutrex Outrage
2 Nutrex OutLift
2 Gaspari SuperPump Max
4 USP Labs Jack3D (Sadly Not Original)
3 5% Nutrition Full As F*ck
1 BPI Pump HD

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've got...
2 IFN Max Out
1 Cobra Labs The Curse
1 Cobra Labs The Ripper
2 ProSupps Dr Jekyll
2 ProSupps Mr Hyde
2 Nutrex Outrage
2 Nutrex OutLift
2 Gaspari SuperPump Max
1 BPI Pump HD
That's some list of pres

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
That's some list of pres
I bought the Olympus Labs Conqu3r and Performax Labs HyperMax XT to compare and review, as they're both pretty hot right now and look good. The others I got free from an expo earlier this year :D

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang nice collection! Can't wait to hear what you think of the HyperMax XT tubs.

I can't remember if you sampled it before, if not you might want to start at half of a scoop. It's pretty strong.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Dang nice collection! Can't wait to hear what you think of the HyperMax XT tubs.

I can't remember if you sampled it before, if not you might want to start at half of a scoop. It's pretty strong.
I can't wait to try it!
Nah, I did ask for samples but no one got back to me about so I bought some instead.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, sucks to be British when it comes to supplements and sports nutrition.
You guys have all the other cool things like...

Um....

Uhhhh.

Hmmmm.

I'll think of something.

Lol jk of course.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like to have my pre-workout meal at least 1.5 hours before I take my PWO supps.

I typically do Proats like you. If you're using "quick oats" (not instant, which may have lower nutrient content), it should begin to digest fairly quickly. I'll do 1 cup of quick oats, almond milk, and ~35-50g protein. 1.5 hours later I'll take Tr1umph, then 15 minutes later Conqu3r and 20 minutes later begin my workout. This works well for me.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I like to have my pre-workout meal at least 1.5 hours before I take my PWO supps.

I typically do Proats like you. If you're using "quick oats" (not instant, which may have lower nutrient content), it should begin to digest fairly quickly. I'll do 1 cup of quick oats, almond milk, and ~35-50g protein. 1.5 hours later I'll take Tr1umph, then 15 minutes later Conqu3r and 20 minutes later begin my workout. This works well for me.
That would be ideal but I have to workout before work, so timing isn't really on my side in the mornings.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That would be ideal but I have to workout before work, so timing isn't really on my side in the mornings.
For me I'll breakfast about at 5:30am and be on the road at 6am to the gym while drinking my pwo and start lifting around 6:30ish so I have my pre 30 minutes after I eat and I still feel it kick in and it works for me.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's understandable. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The only potential downside is going to be a somewhat blunted stimulant response from your PWO supplement. With some of the potent PWO's you have (like Conqu3r), you should still experience more than enough stimulation to get you going. :thumbsup:

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
That's understandable. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The only potential downside is going to be a somewhat blunted stimulant response from your PWO supplement. With some of the potent PWO's you have (like Conqu3r), you should still experience more than enough stimulation to get you going. :thumbsup:
Well seeing as I haven't taken any stims or drank any caffeine in the past 5 months, that blunted stim effect might be a good thing.
I'm looking for more of a pump and strength enhancer pre-workout anyway.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat teddy grahams about 30min pre workout then drink my pre workout.

20g cho
4g pro
4g fat

Pumps are great and no crash mid workout.

Preworkout use to be 40g worth of CHO in the form of gummies, candy corn or whatever had minimal fat. That was typically ate 15min pre workout

EMG81

Awards
Personally, I'll have a pack of poptarts about thirty minutes before lifting, and these days I'll wash them down with Max Reps. Twenty minutes later I'll have a stimmed pre and hit the road for the gym.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I know the feeling with training before work. Its hard to get in a solid meal with time to digest before training. I usually keep my pre-workout meal on the smaller side since I only have an hour between eating and training. I always find that pre-workout stims are more effective the further I dose them after a meal, so my protocol is 4-5 rice cakes and a protein shake an hour before, and I drink my pre about 10 minutes before training.

I'm currently using Hypermax XT and I find that this setup works well. By the time I'm warmed up in the gym I'm wide awake, focused, and ready to go

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I usually get up at 4am and the gym opens up at 5am. I don't want to get up at 3am to eat so I've turned it around. I have my PWO around 4:15am and then I make an intra workout drink of 30g Peptopro and 60g HBCD that I start drinking around 4:45am. This seems to work perfectly. I get the full PWO affect and my energy, strength and pump is great.

Worth trying if you want to maximize sleep, which i always am!

Jakey

Awards
I try to eat 2 hours before gym, take preworkout 15-30 minutes before depending on what type of pwo.

If I eat too close to training I feel sick and I want to actually feel the caffeine.

On days I have to workout as soon as I get up I have the pwo first and bcaas + cyclodextrin intraworkout.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there a certain period of time that someone should wait between their pre-workout meal and taking a pre-workout?

My current schedule puts my pre-workout meal about an hour before my workout. It's currently 50g of oats made with 50/50 water and milk + 30g of protein powder. I don't usually use pre's, but I've just bought a load of pre-workout samples to try and am wondering how I can fit them in with this type of time scale.

Thanks in advance and Reps are on offer ;)
I don't like to workout with a full feeling, so I typically eat about 1.5 hours before drinking my pre workout. Then about 30 minutes after taking my pre, I feel it start to kick in, and I get to warming up / mobility work/ then work out!

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Are there any PES Reps around here?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol

Yeah there's an abundance of them on this forum

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
JudoJosh nattydisaster kbayne Driven2lift

Any chance I could get some High Volume samples to add to my testing and trials please?
I've tried shopping for some but everywhere seems to be out of sample sizes and I wanna be able to try it out before I commit to buying a tub.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I've got...
2 IFN Max Out
1 Cobra Labs The Curse
1 Cobra Labs The Ripper
2 ProSupps Dr Jekyll
2 ProSupps Mr Hyde
2 Nutrex Outrage
2 Nutrex OutLift
2 Gaspari SuperPump Max
1 BPI Pump HD
Did you rob a Vitamin Shoppe????

Tons of great pres.

If you are looking for an original "clone" to Jack3D then look into Hi Tech's Jacked Up. It is basically the exact same formula

Now as to taking it, I usually take my pre about 1/2 an hr until I hit the gym, I sometimes just drink it/sip it while I drive and finish it by the time I hit the gym

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Did you rob a Vitamin Shoppe????

Tons of great pres.

If you are looking for an original "clone" to Jack3D then look into Hi Tech's Jacked Up. It is basically the exact same formula

Now as to taking it, I usually take my pre about 1/2 an hr until I hit the gym, I sometimes just drink it/sip it while I drive and finish it by the time I hit the gym
Haha! Nah man, went to an expo and got loads of free goodies.
Just been looking at a tub of CL's White Rapids, looks real good and perfect price too.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh nattydisaster kbayne Driven2lift

Any chance I could get some High Volume samples to add to my testing and trials please?
I've tried shopping for some but everywhere seems to be out of sample sizes and I wanna be able to try it out before I commit to buying a tub.
Check PM.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like going to the gym on a full stomach. Not thanksgiving day full lol but the point where I'm not hungry. That being said, I usually eat a peanut butter sandwich 45 min before workout. 20 min before I train I take my pre workout. I like to use a non stim during the week because I need to sleep early for work. On the weekends I'm rotate my two stim pre workouts I use.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally try to not eat anything 2-3 hrs out from training and take aminos with my pre around 15 mins pre. Eating anything, with the exception of mct, coconut oil, SL granules seems to make me tired most of the time. I just feel as if I can go as hard.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally try to not eat anything 2-3 hrs out from training and take aminos with my pre around 15 mins pre. Eating anything, with the exception of mct, coconut oil, SL granules seems to make me tired most of the time. I just feel as if I can go as hard.
That's how I do it when I cut. No specific reason I just like doing it that way.