Creatine water?

619sss

Awards
I have been on 7-10g Creatine for 2 weeks now and I have not seen any water gains, does that mean it not working for me??

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
Not necessarily. How much water do you average a day?

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
That's about half a gallon if I'm converting right.. imo that's not an adequate intake of water I'd say at least double that

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
Personally I'd take in enough to where you're pissing about every 2 hours the slowly scale it back. Don't want to dilute your electrolytes but want to make sure your getting enough water.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This is your first time ever taking Creatine? It's not in any Pre-Workouts, etc... that you take? Do you eat a lot of meat? You haven't gained any weight at all in 2 weeks? What caloric level are you at? If at TDEE (Maintenance), maybe you under-calculated it? Maybe tissue loss is masking the intra-cellular water retention? Have you added any weight to the bar or gotten more reps? Maybe it doesn't work for you - works for most, but not all.

619sss

Awards
Not sure if the strength came from Creatine or I'm getting strong, I eat about 5 times, steaks,fishes,pizza,peanut butter sandwich, rice.... Not sure if it's 3000 calories

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is your first time ever taking Creatine? It's not in any Pre-Workouts, etc... that you take? Do you eat a lot of meat? You haven't gained any weight at all in 2 weeks? What caloric level are you at? If at TDEE (Maintenance), maybe you under-calculated it? Maybe tissue loss is masking the intra-cellular water retention? Have you added any weight to the bar or gotten more reps? Maybe it doesn't work for you - works for most, but not all.
I'd look into all of this and see what applies. Also you're probably good with just taking 5g creatine mono instead of 7-10 but it's up to you.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if the strength came from Creatine or I'm getting strong, I eat about 5 times, steaks,fishes,pizza,peanut butter sandwich, rice.... Not sure if it's 3000 calories
If you are not sure if it is 3000 calories, then track your intake. You probably aren't going to notice much from any supplement unless you are consistent with what you do.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I have been on 7-10g Creatine for 2 weeks now and I have not seen any water gains, does that mean it not working for me??
Are you doing a loading phase? If so, a loading phase is not necessary. Although it will take a little longer, you will still reach saturation by taking approximately 2.25g-3g daily. Less chance of potential dehydration, stomach upset, bloating, and/or cramping.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love me some mono .. havent ran it in a while

Bloating/water isnt really necessary, not everyone reacts the same way .. I know i will bloat up like crazy but my friend dont (with high water intake)

But def 5 bottles of water isnt enough imo .. gallon should be a min. not just on creatine just in general .. benefits are just amazing

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't expect much noticeable weight gain from creatine alone. Trust me, creatine is working but it is not as magical as played out to be.

619sss

Awards
Did anyone feel that Creatine increased their DHT? It seem kind of sketchy that it increased DHT by 50% in just little time.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recommend a gallon of water a day, what made it easy for me I went out and bought a few quart jugs and I know if I drink 4 of them during the day I'm good.....this way I'm not walking around looking like a goof with a gallon water jug at work and it's still easy to calculate my water intake