PES Norcodrene New Formula

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone tried PES' reformulation of Norcodrene and if so, could you please comment as to its mood enhancement properties? I loved the original Norcodrene for its mood elevating effect and was wondering if that's carried over into the new formula.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
All i know is the old formula of both Alphamine and Norco kicked ass but both new versions are absolutely meager compared to the old stuff. I have no clue why in the hell PES changed there avenue of approach but PES always enticed my ears when new stuff was being released and also being teased via the insider email but as of lately it's been nothing but a overblown version of some **** product line like Shredz except PES labels are very appealing.

In regards to the new ingredients in norco there is absolutely nothing to get excited about.

Chromium (as chromium picolinate)(Chromax®) 100mcg 83%
Norcodrene Proprietary Blend 425mg *
Lemon Balm (Melissa officalis) (leaf) Extract, L-Theanine, Aframomum Melegueta (seed) Extract, Kola Nut Extract * *
Caffeine Anhydrous

prop blend...pending on much lemon balm and theanine is in there you might get slight effect and I doubt if it's the Cyracos Lemon Balm and Suntheanine brand. Looks like there ( PES ) innovation is truly dead.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
BTW RIP to Alpha T-2...all versions where outstanding.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Has anyone tried PES' reformulation of Norcodrene and if so, could you please comment as to its mood enhancement properties? I loved the original Norcodrene for its mood elevating effect and was wondering if that's carried over into the new formula.
If you are looking for mood enhancement while dieting, the new version of norcodrene is a vast improvement over the original. Lemon balm and theanine are excellent for mood elevation and have several studie showing so. If you want pure fat loss, I prefer SHIFT (also by PEScience).

Cases J., et al. (2011). Pilot trial of Melissa officinalis L. leaf extract in the treatment of volunteers suffering from mild-to-moderate anxiety disorders and sleep disturbances. Med J Nutrition Metab.

Kennedy D., Little W., Scholey A. (2004).Attenuation of laboratory-induced stress in humans after acute administration of Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm). Psychosom Med.

Higashiyama, A., Htay, H., Ozeki, M., et al. (2011). Effects of l-theanine on attention and reaction time response. Journal of Functional Foods. 3:3(171-178).

Kimura, K., Ozeki, M., Juneja, L. R., & Ohira, H. (2007). l-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Biological Psychology, 74(1), 39-45.

KOBAYASHI, K., NAGATO, Y., AOI, N., JUNEJA, L. R., KIM, M., YAMAMOTO, T., & SUGIMOTO, S. (1998). Effects of L-Theanine on the Release of Alpha-Brain Waves in Human Volunteers. Journal of the agricultural chemical society of Japan, 72(2), 153-157.

Lu, K., Gray, M. A., Oliver, C., Liley, D. T., Harrison, B. J., Bartholomeusz, C. F., Phan, K. L., et al. (2004). The acute effects of L-theanine in comparison with alprazolam on anticipatory anxiety in humans. Human Psychopharmacology, 19(7), 457-465.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are looking for mood enhancement while dieting, the new version of norcodrene is a vast improvement over the original. Lemon balm and theanine are excellent for mood elevation and have several studie showing so. If you want pure fat loss, I prefer SHIFT (also by PEScience).

Cases J., et al. (2011). Pilot trial of Melissa officinalis L. leaf extract in the treatment of volunteers suffering from mild-to-moderate anxiety disorders and sleep disturbances. Med J Nutrition Metab.

Kennedy D., Little W., Scholey A. (2004).Attenuation of laboratory-induced stress in humans after acute administration of Melissa officinalis (Lemon Balm). Psychosom Med.

Higashiyama, A., Htay, H., Ozeki, M., et al. (2011). Effects of l-theanine on attention and reaction time response. Journal of Functional Foods. 3:3(171-178).

Kimura, K., Ozeki, M., Juneja, L. R., & Ohira, H. (2007). l-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Biological Psychology, 74(1), 39-45.

KOBAYASHI, K., NAGATO, Y., AOI, N., JUNEJA, L. R., KIM, M., YAMAMOTO, T., & SUGIMOTO, S. (1998). Effects of L-Theanine on the Release of Alpha-Brain Waves in Human Volunteers. Journal of the agricultural chemical society of Japan, 72(2), 153-157.

Lu, K., Gray, M. A., Oliver, C., Liley, D. T., Harrison, B. J., Bartholomeusz, C. F., Phan, K. L., et al. (2004). The acute effects of L-theanine in comparison with alprazolam on anticipatory anxiety in humans. Human Psychopharmacology, 19(7), 457-465.
I second the mood enhancement from personal trials. I really like the addition of theanine to both this and alphamine. It gives me a feeling much like what I found in our old enhanced preworkout.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried the new norco, but I actually like the new alphamine. The old formula was a staple and I was bummed to see it change, but I'm about 3/4 of the way through my first tub of the new blend (iced tea) and I really like it. I consume a lot of different stims throughout the day, and found that if I took 1-2 scoops of the old formula for an afternoon pick me up, sometimes it would make me jittery (probably interactions with stims taken early). The new formula is much smoother. If you want more energy and fat loss, pop a bronkaid with it!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't tried the new norco, but I actually like the new alphamine. The old formula was a staple and I was bummed to see it change, but I'm about 3/4 of the way through my first tub of the new blend (iced tea) and I really like it. I consume a lot of different stims throughout the day, and found that if I took 1-2 scoops of the old formula for an afternoon pick me up, sometimes it would make me jittery (probably interactions with stims taken early). The new formula is much smoother. If you want more energy and fat loss, pop a bronkaid with it!
I'm content with the new formula as well. Unfortunately people rarely actually look for fat loss benefits in a fat burner but more of a boost. Alphamine doesn't make me feel cracked out just a smooth euphoric energy which leads to great improvement in my training sessions. My days of looking for a high have long passed but I still get a good feel from the new versions anyway.