Sodium for pumps!!

milanownz

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, i was thinking to add some salt to my prewo shake; should i be ok with normal sea salt or there's something better (i.e. baking soda)???

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know there was a topic a long time ago about people adding baking powder to their PWO. I could only imagine how bad it tastes. I would think that a decent amount would be needed. I think it would almost be as bad as the junk one drinks for a colonoscopy.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nitratene brand...sodium nitrate.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why not just by an electrolyte supplement? Makes it easy for you.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
You could go with an electrolyte blend, but there are also a few staple products out there that cover electrolytes as well as other daily staples like creatine and betaine. A product like Powermax XT would be a great option IMO. It contains sodium phosphate, potassium phosphate, and glycerol which can deliver a nice pump. Powermax XT also contains creatine and betaine for strength and recovery, as well as COP and Amentoflavone which can both help with strength and performance.

milanownz

Awards
  • Established
You could go with an electrolyte blend, but there are also a few staple products out there that cover electrolytes as well as other daily staples like creatine and betaine. A product like Powermax XT would be a great option IMO. It contains sodium phosphate, potassium phosphate, and glycerol which can deliver a nice pump. Powermax XT also contains creatine and betaine for strength and recovery, as well as COP and Amentoflavone which can both help with strength and performance.
Just using the OG CreMax XT and it'sa amazing, btw is himalayan pink salt a good option for sodium intake?? I mean, it'd be the best option for someone looking for gym pumps, right??

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are some intra workouts that have good amounts of sodium in them.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Which one would you suggest Synapsin?
Really depends what you're looking for. If you just want electrolytes, it would be easier to grab some from a sports store (don't buy any of the carb loaded ones though). If you want something all inclusive, I like Amino IV by PEScience because it has leucine (5 grams) + EAAs + electrolytes. The mango flavour is the most refreshing supplement I've ever had.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Just using the OG CreMax XT and it'sa amazing, btw is himalayan pink salt a good option for sodium intake?? I mean, it'd be the best option for someone looking for gym pumps, right??
CreMax XT is very similar to Powermax XT, its a great product. I'm glad you're enjoying it. From what I've read, there isn't much difference between the types of table salts (Himalayan, Sea Salt, etc) in terms of sodium intake, but any sodium can provide an increase in hydration and pumps in the gym. Himalayan is tasty too, so if you have it you might as well use it!