mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Which do you all prefer? I'm GDA shopping

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
For me personally i really like SlinMax .. and after the whole prime controversy i wouldnt trust anything BSL or any of their associated companies products

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If those are the two you are looking at id def go with Slinmax, based on my personal reviews of Slinmax and trusted reviews of Glycolog (have not used personal) not to mention all of the product quality issues surrounding BSL. I prefer slintenisty over all, but like I said not trying to sway you in a different direction, if given those two as an option Id go Slinmax and roll out

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't ever pay $50-65 for a GDA...BSL is smoking it's own Dust Extreme justifying that price. Better formulas, etc. in the $20-30 range. That pricetag is plain wack.

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
In fairness it may be cheaper long term to make your own and you can adjust the doseages depending on requirement ... good state glyco x is an excellent source of berberine and contains banaba leaf .. life extension na-r-ala ... chromium pic or chromax is cheap enough too .. buy some cinnamon extract and your onto a winner ! 500mgs berberine 200mgs na-r-ala is very simple and effective ? you could argue the rest of the ingredients are just overkill imho .. although the agmatine in slinmax is a great addition

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of SlinMax. If you take it 20 minutes before a carby meal and you'll get a real nice food pump. No bloat, just good muscle fullness. If you take it 20 mins before your pre-workout meal (containing carbs) get ready for some skin tearing pumps!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out TF Supplements. They are running a buy one get one half off sale and SlinMax is include.

SlinMax is probably the best nutrient partitioner out right now, you will not be disappointed.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Tho I tend to think many are perhaps using GDA far to often over far to long a period of time. John Meadows in a video prior to him self bringing out Partition-MD which I did try and it worked as good as all the others I have tried, he said/commented on that you should not be using them long term but for short periods of time.

My first GDA's were Burn24 & Glycodrive by Blue Star followed with Glycobol

Have only ever found them to be of benefit on a bulk myself

In fairness it may be cheaper long term to make your own and you can adjust the doseages depending on requirement ... good state glyco x is an excellent source of berberine and contains banaba leaf .. life extension na-r-ala ... chromium pic or chromax is cheap enough too .. buy some cinnamon extract and your onto a winner ! 500mgs berberine 200mgs na-r-ala is very simple and effective �� you could argue the rest of the ingredients are just overkill imho .. although the agmatine in slinmax is a great addition
^ This is prob a good way to go agreed :) much cheaper and you can dose it as you want for something I would/do use for short periods of time I would myself prefer to just do that.

Check out TF Supplements. They are running a buy one get one half off sale and SlinMax is include.

SlinMax is probably the best nutrient partitioner out right now, you will not be disappointed.
Not used Slinmax myself but it does look pretty good

Don't ever pay $50-65 for a GDA...BSL is smoking it's own Dust Extreme justifying that price. Better formulas, etc. in the $20-30 range. That pricetag is plain wack.
Lol agreed on the price tag I have seen it on sale tho like b2g1 free and 40% off; but I wouldn't buy it at that full price either.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Tho I tend to think many are perhaps using GDA far to often over far to long a period of time. John Meadows in a video prior to him self bringing out Partition-MD which I did try and it worked as good as all the others I have tried, he said/commented on that you should not be using them long term but for short periods of time.

My first GDA's were Burn24 & Glycodrive by Blue Star followed with Glycobol

Have only ever found them to be of benefit on a bulk myself
I'm pretty sure that I'm insulin resistant. I'm 5'9" and at 180; last year I was 230 and cut down to 160 after going on and off a CDK...

I just bulked on LGD and some other sh1t and was keeping carbs between 200-250. Once a week I'd go near 300. I put on a lil BF, which of course has to do with total kcal surplus, and I want to trim a lil fat off after I'm done with PCT.

I have a crazy time losing BF without cutting carbs... In keto, I lose strength and now that my lifts are up I wanna keep progressing.

I guess I want to be able to control insulin to avoid catabolism while going low carb..

As "insulin mimetics" can GDA's be run with a low carb diet or would you go hypo?

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure that I'm insulin resistant. I'm 5'9" and at 180; last year I was 230 and cut down to 160 after going on and off a CDK...

I just bulked on LGD and some other sh1t and was keeping carbs between 200-250. Once a week I'd go near 300. I put on a lil BF, which of course has to do with total kcal surplus, and I want to trim a lil fat off after I'm done with PCT.

I have a crazy time losing BF without cutting carbs... In keto, I lose strength and now that my lifts are up I wanna keep progressing.

I guess I want to be able to control insulin to avoid catabolism while going low carb..

As "insulin mimetics" can GDA's be run with a low carb diet or would you go hypo?
Would see/consult a doctor if you think you are having medical issues first

As to the last part guess that largely depends on many factors and I am no expert on this far from it, but having taken a few GDA's too far away from food I got lightheaded-dizzy and sick feeling so I would be careful. I guess I just don't see the point in using one with a low carb diet and see primarily a benefit while bulking.

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards

There are several steps you could consider taking before using/spending money on a GDA to get the best out of your situation .. how are your current meals split ? What are your other macros ? Loosing weight / fat doesnt just come down to carbohydrates it really needs to be a planned split across the board .. if you could give people some more info on current food sources and timings of certain macros then they may be able to help ..

Meal 1?
??

Be as honest as you can in order to get the best advice you can

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards

There are several steps you could consider taking before using/spending money on a GDA to get the best out of your situation .. how are your current meals split ? What are your other macros ? Loosing weight / fat doesnt just come down to carbohydrates it really needs to be a planned split across the board .. if you could give people some more info on current food sources and timings of certain macros then they may be able to help ..

Meal 1?
??

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards

Meal 1?
??

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hard to beat the formula of SlinMax. It includes ingredients, such as Na-R-ala, agmatine and berberine, all of which people suggest using when looking into a GDA. SlinMax combines all of them and at the dosages needed. SlinMax is also great for performance, body comp and just for cosmetic benefits. I know users report a food pump after eating a carb heavy meal. This is just an increase in vascularity, without training. Bloating is little to none. hunger is up and the pump from a pre workout dose is great.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the input guys... I'm not completely set on my short term plans and keep considering recomping for the next several months rather than doing an all out cut. I'll be eating moderate carbs (150-200) if I do decide to recomp...
Rob1882... I plan on taking the GDA with food or before meals, so I prob shouldn't get lightheaded right?
Lee_Westwood: on my LGD bulk my macros were around 30/30/40 although I wasn't too strict. I have a calorie counter app and would try and keep my kcals 3,000 and have my protein and carbs the same.

My current meals and routine is

6:00AM Breakfast: egg white omelette with reduced fat cheese and 6oz of skim Greek yogurt. (380 kcals 50/20/12). Some days I'll eat a couple fried eggs with Ezekiel toast and grass fed butter

7:00AM: 1-1.5hrs of weight lifting... sometimes BCAAs as an intra meal

8:30: Whey and skim milk, sometimes with a banana or berries (242kcal 35/19/2)

Lunches and Dinners vary;

1:00PM lunch consists of tuna, salmon, or sardines with lentils, brown rice, or quinoa ~500 kcals 50/30/20 (ballpark)

6:00PM Dinner is chicken breast, raw spinach, and a carb source like sweet potato, brown rice, lentils or black beans. ~700 kcals 65/75/10

8:00 2tbsp peanut butter 190 8/8/16

9:00PM 10oz of 1%Cottage Cheese or skim and casein shake, string cheese, 2 tbsp peanut butter ~400 kcals 42/16/20

This is an estimate of course.. Some days I snack a couple times during the day.. snacks consist of almonds, peanut butter, apples, granola bar, etc.. all pretty clean. Also, I try and eat red meat (elk or beef) at least once a week...

Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night absolutely famished. This was mainly when I was in LGD... I'd get into the fridge and eat more cottage cheese and some milk. I haven't been doing that much lately but still do on occasion.

I also drink at least 1 gallon water a day

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
Thanks for the input guys... I'm not completely set on my short term plans and keep considering recomping for the next several months rather than doing an all out cut. I'll be eating moderate carbs (150-200) if I do decide to recomp...
Rob1882... I plan on taking the GDA with food or before meals, so I prob shouldn't get lightheaded right?
Lee_Westwood: on my LGD bulk my macros were around 30/30/40 although I wasn't too strict. I have a calorie counter app and would try and keep my kcals 3,000 and have my protein and carbs the same.

My current meals and routine is

6:00AM Breakfast: egg white omelette with reduced fat cheese and 6oz of skim Greek yogurt. (380 kcals 50/20/12). Some days I'll eat a couple fried eggs with Ezekiel toast and grass fed butter

7:00AM: 1-1.5hrs of weight lifting... sometimes BCAAs as an intra meal

8:30: Whey and skim milk, sometimes with a banana or berries (242kcal 35/19/2)

Lunches and Dinners vary;

1:00PM lunch consists of tuna, salmon, or sardines with lentils, brown rice, or quinoa ~500 kcals 50/30/20 (ballpark)

6:00PM Dinner is chicken breast, raw spinach, and a carb source like sweet potato, brown rice, lentils or black beans. ~700 kcals 65/75/10

8:00 2tbsp peanut butter 190 8/8/16

9:00PM 10oz of 1%Cottage Cheese or skim and casein shake, string cheese, 2 tbsp peanut butter ~400 kcals 42/16/20

This is an estimate of course.. Some days I snack a couple times during the day.. snacks consist of almonds, peanut butter, apples, granola bar, etc.. all pretty clean. Also, I try and eat red meat (elk or beef) at least once a week...

Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night absolutely famished. This was mainly when I was in LGD... I'd get into the fridge and eat more cottage cheese and some milk. I haven't been doing that much lately but still do on occasion.

I also drink at least 1 gallon water a day
Thanks bud .. couple of pointers as i am also fairly carb sensitive and have to be careful so .. my advice would be ( and this is by no means gospel , just my opinion )

1, spread your carbs around the 3 meals closest to your workout and eat protein veggies and fats for the remaining meals - within your macro's of course

2, stop snacking - if bodyfat is a concern and you are in a bit of a state of flux then snacking isnt ideal - and doesnt matter how clean it is .. the almonds and apple could amount to 300 calories a day from snacks alone .. i know you dont do this every day but that could be enough to slow/stop the rate of fat loss as this would take you out of your deficit / maintenance range.

3, space meals atleast 2.5 hrs apart .. ideally 3 ... i find if i cram in meals my digestions is awful and in turn i feel awful .. also .. if for some reason you do need to eat within a certain timeframe then be clever about your choices .. like your 8&9pm meals are both very slow digesting .. and theres no real need for the 8pm meal if youve eaten at 6 and plan to eat at 9 again ... if it were me and those macros had to be eaten id either bump the 9pm meal or spread them throughout the day ..

Apart from those ideas your diet seems solid bud , and the only reason i suggest the carbs in the 3 meals is ... for me .. i can tell by the way my body reacts if i eat my 200g carbs from 3 meals around training or if i spread 40g across 5 meals ... the meals around training is much better for me and your insulin sensitivity will be much much better meaning when you do eat them you will get a more favourable response

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bud .. couple of pointers as i am also fairly carb sensitive and have to be careful so .. my advice would be ( and this is by no means gospel , just my opinion )

1, spread your carbs around the 3 meals closest to your workout and eat protein veggies and fats for the remaining meals - within your macro's of course

2, stop snacking - if bodyfat is a concern and you are in a bit of a state of flux then snacking isnt ideal - and doesnt matter how clean it is .. the almonds and apple could amount to 300 calories a day from snacks alone .. i know you dont do this every day but that could be enough to slow/stop the rate of fat loss as this would take you out of your deficit / maintenance range.

3, space meals atleast 2.5 hrs apart .. ideally 3 ... i find if i cram in meals my digestions is awful and in turn i feel awful .. also .. if for some reason you do need to eat within a certain timeframe then be clever about your choices .. like your 8&9pm meals are both very slow digesting .. and theres no real need for the 8pm meal if youve eaten at 6 and plan to eat at 9 again ... if it were me and those macros had to be eaten id either bump the 9pm meal or spread them throughout the day ..

Apart from those ideas your diet seems solid bud , and the only reason i suggest the carbs in the 3 meals is ... for me .. i can tell by the way my body reacts if i eat my 200g carbs from 3 meals around training or if i spread 40g across 5 meals ... the meals around training is much better for me and your insulin sensitivity will be much much better meaning when you do eat them you will get a more favourable response
Solid advice brother... your correct about cramming those snacks in.. im trying to get around 2,700 kcals each day and that's a b1tch when you try to eat clean.

So I'm your opinion, would a GDA help me better control insulin sensitivity with my current eating routine?

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established

Are there any negative sides, or anything noted from using a GDA long term? That's pretty much the only thing I take as pretty much a staple other than fish oil and vitamin d/calcium.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
^ I don't take post workout, but I do have a GDA with dinner.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Are there any negative sides, or anything noted from using a GDA long term? That's pretty much the only thing I take as pretty much a staple other than fish oil and vitamin d/calcium.
From my experience no, there aren't any side effects from long term GDA usage but rather a lessening in effectiveness. The longer you take it the less effective it becomes as your body gets used to it/builds up a tolerance to it.
Purely annecdotal from me personally. The longest I ever used a GDA was I think about 14 weeks straight. I cycle it now,
8 weeks on followed by 2 weeks off.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
im trying to get around 2,700 kcals each day and that's a b1tch when you try to eat clean.
Oatmeal (Water or 1% Milk) with Sugar Free Syrup, and Fat Free Re-fried Beans are my go to "Clean" calorie increasers. Carmel Rice Cakes and Pretzel Rods too.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another vote for SlinMax. As of today, TF supplements still has the sale for buy 1 get the second 50% off. I do believe they are sold out at the moment but you can always email or call them to make sure them order over the phone.

I've used this twice. Two bottles back to back. I'm waiting for the release of a few new products by Performax Labs then going to order some more of it and have a really nice stack.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
FFS! I really need to move over to the US. You guys get some really great deals

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've used many of these over the years. Slin worked pretty well for me. Not sure I would jump at the BSL one. Very pricey for what your getting.