Good supplements for marathon training ?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cardarine

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Beta alanine

espana32

espana32

Awards
What's a good reputable brand for Cardarine and where to buy it online?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Olympus Labs Cardar1ne, hard to find though. Next step would be a research chem site that you trust.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Creatinol-O-Phosphate (Peak Beta is a great COP product)
Ephedrine

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Baking Soda.

Can someone please link to research studies IN ENGLISH, WITHIN THE LAST THREE DECADES - of oral Creatinol-O-Phosphate showing performance benefits for healthy, resistance trained, males (or skinny a$$ runners).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
agree
Peak02 found in Xtend perform or Bulk from Primaforce would be a great addition for an increase in VO2 Max. (4g total)
LCLT --> Aid with recovery and performance. (2g)
COP --> Take 2g to help with performance and endurnace. (2g)
Beta Alanine may have a slght effect on your endurnace. (3.2g)
HICA (1-1.5g) & Citrulline Malate (6-8g)

All of these would be good ingredients to look into.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Good suggestions above. Powermax XT would be another product to consider. Powermax XT contains a full serving of creatine and betaine which can both enhance endurance, and performance. It also contains an electrolyte blend including sodium and potassium to help with hydration and cramping, as well as amentoflavone which can improve mood and alertness as well as strength output. Powermax XT is a very well rounded staple supplement for lifters and runners, and it contains a great profile that can be beneficial to any athlete

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree with Thesolution and john.patterson. The products they recommended would be your best option for what you're looking for

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Superdrol.

Just kidding. Epicatechin, PeakO2, and Beta Alanine (although I don't like this ingredient at all).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Seconding a lot of what I've already seen -- Peak02 (by means of Xtend Perform) is awesome. Additionally, I would look at: COP, Beta Alanine, Cardarine, CardioTryx, L-Citrulline / Citrulline Malate, Taurine.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
PeakO2 is a great ingredient. Can't go wrong there.

I'd also look at Olympus Labs Endur3+...it's almost tailor-made for this.

endure-plus-dragonsfruit-facts.png

You get a huge dose of EAA/BCAA which will help stave off catabolism during long bouts of exertion, increase immediately available energy stores, and perhaps, most importantly, enhance post-exercise protein synthesis:
Leucine-enriched essential amino acid supplementation during moderate steady state exercise enhances postexercise muscle protein synthesis.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21775557

You get Taurine to help reduce muscle cramping and soreness, Glutamine to prevent both peripheral and central fatigue by its action on blood ammonia concentration.
Glutamine and carbohydrate supplements reduce ammonemia increase during endurance field exercise
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18059593

Next up is a biggie: 20 grams of Carb10, a fast-digesting, yet low glycemic carb source that will keep you fueled during long runs. Carbs are arguably the single greatest ergogenic aid an athlete has, and Carb10 will give you what you need without weighing you down or making you feel bloated.

Moving on we've got Hydromax and Agmatine that can both help reduce fatigue and also improve endurance. Hyperhydration with Hydromax combined with water was found to be far superior to water alone and significantly increased fluid retention by approximately 900mL over placebo. You also get Schisandra for its ability to reduce stress, increase blood flow and stimulate glucose uptake, and a real standout: (-)/-Epicatechin which is a favorite for boosting endurance as it can enhance exercise and oxidative capacity and increase angiogenesis (creation of blood vessel formation).

Finally, you get a well-dosed Hydration matrix that provides you with the full set of electrolytes; Sodium Chloride, Potassium Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate and Calcium Citrate. Also included is 500mg of coconut water to maintain hydration, prevent cramping and reduce fatigue.

As you can see, Endur3+ will assist your marathon-training from a variety of angles and pathways, allowing you to run farther, faster, and recover better. It's currently on sale for 25% off at Nutriverse with code "AM5". You'll get all the aforementioned goodness for only $26.99. Grab a bottle and say hello to improved times. :D

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
PowerMax XT would be a great option for you. john.patterson hit it right on with the main benefits that PowerMax XT has to offer. TF supplements has it for $29.99. If you subscribe to the TF email list, they always send 5-10% discount codes.

Many people (including the people right now logging it) use PowerMax XT as a stim free pre workout. That isn't saying that's the only way to use it though. Once VasoMax is released I think people will either start stacking the two pre workout or taking PowerMax XT a few hours before hitting the gym. I've started stacking PowerMax XT with HyperMax XT and I'm loving it.

Like John said, it contains the full dose (5g) of creatine mono. This saves you some money of having to buy bulk creatine mono and having to add it into your product of choice. An ingredient that stands out to me when I think of why a marathon runner would want this would be glycerol powder (aids in hydration). PowerMax XT contains 1g of glycerol powder.

I hope this helps!

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Peak O2, garlic extract, pomegranate extract, beet root juice, citrulline or citrulline malate, sodium bicarbonate, etc.