If you could only choose one...

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking at adding either a BCAA or PES Ergonine to my daily stack for intra use.

I realise they are not the same type of product, but which would you choose and why?

Any recommendations on flavours for either are welcome ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd choose BCAAs specifically something like Intrablast by Nutrabio. Not a true BCAA as it also contains EAAs and betaine, but made specifically for intra-training (hence the name).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ergonine if you don't creatine/betaine/other staples in your stack, otherwise, BCAAs.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
fiat? or ferrari? ... Obviously Ferrari ...
ergonine!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ergonine if you eat protein within a few hours of working out. But you can get 500g of 2:1:1 BCAA for about $22 (TN) which is about 100 workouts - so both? :D I'd also go EAA (includes BCAA) instead. Protein Includes AAA's (ALL Amino Acids ;))

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ergonine. BCAA aren't needed if you are hitting your protein intake with food or powder. The ingredients in Erognine have too many benefits.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Other than carbs nothing really would provide a noticeable increase in endurance during your workout.

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Other than carbs nothing really would provide a noticeable increase in endurance during your workout.
I'm working out fasted, so hoping an intra may assist in slight boost in performance, even if only physiological!!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bcaa's or aminos in general are a staple of mine....a lot of stuff in ergonine aren't staples, they may add benefits but cover your basics first

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd choose BCAAs specifically something like Intrablast by Nutrabio. Not a true BCAA as it also contains EAAs and betaine, but made specifically for intra-training (hence the name).
Just wanted to thank you for that recommendation. I looked it up and Nutrabio seems A-OK to me, and the best part is that it's orange flavored.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ergonine. BCAA aren't needed if you are hitting your protein intake with food or powder. The ingredients in Erognine have too many benefits.
This, but both are relatively inexpensive options so it's hard to not just use both.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ergonine hands down for overall value and results. I would only ever suggest BCAAs over an Ergogen if you protein intake was low, and with Ergonine we're talking about 9 in one.

I love using mine intra, and if your budget allowed you could even stack them intra

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm working out fasted, so hoping an intra may assist in slight boost in performance, even if only physiological!!
Between BCAAs/Ergonine, though it's an apples-oranges comparison, Ergonine hands down.

That said, if you want an intra that will noticeably boost your endurance, check out Endur3/Endur3+ by Olympus Labs. You get a huge dose of EAA/BCAA, Hydromax, Agmatine, Schisandra, etc...it even has Epicatechin! Endur3+ takes it up a notch with 20g carb10, a low-glycemic yet fast-digesting carb source that will have a significant effect on your endurance.

It's 25% off right now on Nutriverse with code "AM5", making it only $26.99. Or, if you just want Endur3, $22.49. :D As for a flavor suggestion: The Pina Colada is delicious.