nitrosigine GRAS?

Zariph

Awards
hello, so i see that nitrosigine is GRAS...atleast the owners claim so..could some1 link me to the site that officially confirms the GRAS status? or pm

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sub

Zariph

Awards
Okay so apparently their GRAS is "self-affirmed", lol. Strange to say the least

He's looking for some sort of FDA letter stating so, and them claiming that on their website isn't exactly proof.
exactly...seems kinda sketchy lol

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established

He's looking for some sort of FDA letter stating so, and them claiming that on their website isn't exactly proof.
So what do you make of the press release?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So what do you make of the press release?
Well like I said, its self-affirmed, so it's based on a study they conducted and not evaluated by some governing body like the FDA or EFSA.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

nope it isn't and to add more to it

"The patented Nitrosigine® complex bonds arginine with silicate – unlocking powerful synergistic effects"

"the government does not get involved in testing inventions to see if they work. In fact US Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) auditors believe that as many as 10% of all issued patents are invalid, a high percent of those due to the fact the invention does not work."

on the other hand, the companies that are using this in their products obviously believe in and must have some scientific data proving said results; at least you would hope they would

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nope it isn't and to add more to it

"The patented Nitrosigine® complex bonds arginine with silicate – unlocking powerful synergistic effects"

"the government does not get involved in testing inventions to see if they work. In fact US Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) auditors believe that as many as 10% of all issued patents are invalid, a high percent of those due to the fact the invention does not work."

on the other hand, the companies that are using this in their products obviously believe in and must have some scientific data proving said results; at least you would hope they would
lol companies don't generally care about scientific data with results and more so care about what looks good/ new/ the bottom line. If a manufacturer says something, companies are more than willing to just take them at their word.

Zariph

Awards
but still please some1 help me find the proof that this is cfirmed gras...dont care whether it actually works or not...iused vasky and core pump, and both gave a nice pump

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but still please some1 help me find the proof that this is cfirmed gras...dont care whether it actually works or not...iused vasky and core pump, and both gave a nice pump
You won't find any since it's self affirmed; it isn't GRAS as per by the FDA, but is claimed to be GRAS on their own recognizance due to their own findings via a clinical study.

Zariph

Awards
You won't find any since it's self affirmed; it isn't GRAS as per by the FDA, but is claimed to be GRAS on their own recognizance due to their own findings via a clinical study.
ohh you sure?

Zariph

Awards
it says on their website that fda has confirmed it as gras tho?

Zariph

Awards
oh wait i see they claim that it NDI by fda? any proof on this then maybe?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I sent them a contact form asking them if it was FDA confirmed GRAS or self affirmed.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hello, so i see that nitrosigine is GRAS...atleast the owners claim so..could some1 link me to the site that officially confirms the GRAS status? or pm

why does that matter if its GRAS or not? just curious on your thought process...

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I sent them a contact form asking them if it was FDA confirmed GRAS or self affirmed.
Read the New Draft guidance or the Old draft guidance....

Self Affirmed GRAS is "allowed."

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They literally state it is self-affirmed.

yup, not the easiest thing to get but since its basically arginine probably had an easy path to victory,.
Yeah, I can't imagine it was very difficult to get an NDI for an arginine compound. Amusing though given their hard on for some ingredients since this ingredient is certainly not found in nature and is clearly synthetic.