PA or ARA?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

Trying to gain a bit of lean mass. For the purpose of budget. Would you choose between arachadonic acid or phosphatidic acid to add to my current stack of

Alphamax XT (8 weeks)
PEScience High Volume
Creatine

Cheers

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Soy Lecithin Granules (PA) if budget is important. Honestly, if you can afford ArA though, just stack them both. SL granules are dirt cheap.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Soy Lecithin Granules (PA) if budget is important. Honestly, if you can afford ArA though, just stack them both. SL granules are dirt cheap.
Any popular brands for PA? I'm a bit unfamiliar with it. I've used ARA in the past

Would I benefit from just 1 bottle of X gels? (25 day supply)

Cheers

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any popular brands for PA? I'm a bit unfamiliar with it. I've used ARA in the past

Would I benefit from just 1 bottle of X gels? (25 day supply)

Cheers
I'm not an SNS rep (no agenda to push for more sales), but I have experience with ArA as well, and I think that you should go for a 50 workout day supply (two bottles at 4g). I found it awesome at 1.5g, and not much new differences at 2g, so consider that as well.

Fearn Soy Lecithin Granules are popular on these boards. They're not only a good source of PA, but they have many other useful components that will benefit overall health and they stack well with ArA for emulsification purposes (so no need to include GMS).

For ArA questions: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a big fan of ArA, but like ma70 said, the soy lecithin is a lot more affordable if budget is a big deal to you. One bottle of x-gels is not enough to see the proper benefits of supplementing ArA.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
ARA for results

Based on value though... Soy lecithin is too cheap to say no to. You may even be able to affordably get both if you find ARA reasonably

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey guys.

Trying to gain a bit of lean mass. For the purpose of budget. Would you choose between arachadonic acid or phosphatidic acid to add to my current stack of

Alphamax XT (8 weeks)
PEScience High Volume
Creatine

Cheers
Xgels (ara) hands down... PA is better for a severe overreaching phase, but ara is the better all around. UNless youre killing yourself daily in the gym, ara wins. Plus its synergistic with the alphamax.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Sweet. X-gels on sale for 39.99 a bottle. Gonna grab 2 today. Only taken on lifting days? Cheers guys

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Xgels (ara) hands down... PA is better for a severe overreaching phase, but ara is the better all around. UNless youre killing yourself daily in the gym, ara wins. Plus its synergistic with the alphamax.
Sure you not thinking of hmb/Clear Muscle? PA can be beneficial no matter what the training.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
They are on regularely at Lockout for under $35

Always a coupon code ongoing as well. OOS at the moment but I'm going to get an ETA on this now

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet. X-gels on sale for 39.99 a bottle. Gonna grab 2 today. Only taken on lifting days? Cheers guys
That's how most people do it, that way it will be most likely to deposit into skeletal muscle which is where you want it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd get both of them if you can. If picking one or the other i'd go with X gels.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
The only PA supplement I can find so far is made by muscle tech and it's $70 lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sure you not thinking of hmb/Clear Muscle? PA can be beneficial no matter what the training.
Yes sir, you're correct. I always mix those two up

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The only PA supplement I can find so far is made by muscle tech and it's $70 lol
Fearn brand soy lechithin granules are like $7 online.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love me some Xgels

stack em i say :)

PA you can get like $7-10/month supply

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think he's in Canada. What was the brand that people were using up that way? Driven2lift Maybe it was Fearn's as well.
Yeah same bulk SL brands up here I find, but I'd still order online to skip the markup from places like the 3-letter store selling tiny tubs of SL for $35 lol

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Oh yes I should have mentioned that. I am in Canada. Aka the country with supplement stores that charge $$$$ for hopes and dreams and no results

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I currently have a cart set up on nutri-verse. 2 bottles x-gels with express shipping. Comes to $144 Canadian (we also aren't best known for our currency value). I know I can wait and do standard shipping but when it's international I always find it takes weeks.

Let me know if anyone knows a cheaper / just as fast option!

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I currently have a cart set up on nutri-verse. 2 bottles x-gels with express shipping. Comes to $144 Canadian (we also aren't best known for our currency value). I know I can wait and do standard shipping but when it's international I always find it takes weeks.

Dude, get the cheaper globegistics option. Im NZ and it normally takes like ten days to get here. Your nuts paying 150 for two bottles.

Also, use AM5 for discount.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Run both. btw, 2 bottles of Xgels plus a bottle test factor is 79 at nutri verse...

bigsmall

Banned
Awards

I live in Canada and get nutri verse stuff within 2 weeks using regular shipping - btw two bottles of xgels with a bottle of test factor is 79 US at nutri- verse (today).

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I remember using X factor years ago. Wasn't very consistent with it and didn't see much from it. How long do u have to be running ARA until gains start to get noticed?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I remember using X factor years ago. Wasn't very consistent with it and didn't see much from it. How long do u have to be running ARA until gains start to get noticed?
50 days on, fasted pre-workout

If available add in a carnitine salt (ALCAR, LCLT) and either glycerol or another emulsifier (Soy lecithin here gets 2 birds with one stone)

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Pop 6 caps and go to the gym ....I notice it from Workout 1. And it gets better for about 2 weeks and then levels off...

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
50 days on, fasted pre-workout

If available add in a carnitine salt (ALCAR, LCLT) and either glycerol or another emulsifier (Soy lecithin here gets 2 birds with one stone)
Just one more time to solidify. Workout days only?

Also. I hear that low dose aspirine works as opposed to the ALCAR LCLT?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Run 2 both until it runs out

Effects can be seen from Day 1 .. i remember 1st time i popped a gram and was extremly surprised at it .. and as time goes on just gets better.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Baby Aspirin can work, but I would never take that daily for so long unless it was a medical recommendation, they are not nice to the GI tract over time

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Baby Aspirin can work, but I would never take that daily for so long unless it was a medical recommendation, they are not nice to the GI tract over time
So standard L carnitine with each dose is sufficient?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So standard L carnitine with each dose is sufficient?
Yes, that should work. ALCAR gives a bit of a cognitive boost, so a lot of people like that. You'll need a 2 gram dose, whichever carnitine you choose (PLCAR, LCLT, ALCAR).

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Propionyl L-Carnitine is more effective from what i read

I do still love the old school alcar

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout days only if you workout 4 or more times a week. To maintain saturation on lower frequency/lower amounts of workout days, you may dose it on off days.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Workout days only if you workout 4 or more times a week. To maintain saturation on lower frequency/lower amounts of workout days, you may dose it on off days.
I don't agree. After many years of ARA use, dosing on off days and reducing what you take on workout days proves counter productive to the cycle's overall results. Sweet spot for me is 3-4 workouts at 6 caps. But we are all different.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ArA like any other compound is dose dependent.
If you use 1g and dont get anything from it, try to go higher.
My friends tried 1g and was dissapointed but after trying 2g (and even up to 2.5g) it was totaly different story.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big fan of dosing 4 days a week preferably on workout days. Ara is amazing and after a few weeks it's really amazing.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No
But was told due to inflammation taken longer than 8 weeks and more than 4 times a week was unhealthy
I would not say its unhealthy as long you are a healthy person. Try to take it everyday for 8 weeks.
There is MUCH broscience about ArA

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would not say its unhealthy as long you are a healthy person. Try to take it everyday for 8 weeks.
There is MUCH broscience about ArA
Yes there is lol
Will do I have 3 bottles ATM and will use it during my pct
About to start a 8 week lgd run