Xgels/Tr1umph/Alphamax XT dosing suggestions

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
So I just received my X-gels and Alphamax xt in thevery mail and have a few questions.
I work a very physically intensive job with long hours (railroad). I wake up at 0500 and work until about 630 p.m. or so. My usual gym sessions go from 9p.m.-11p.m. I try and get a decent meal in about 2 hours before the workout. I workout usually 6 days a week. 2 hour sessions, 2/back,biceps 2/chest,triceps,shoulders 2 legs. With that being said am I doing the right thing with my current routine:

0530. (2)Alphamax/multi/hydroxyelite with my morning shake and banana (whey/casein blend w/milk) l before I run out the door.

Hydroxyelite at about 2p.m.

Eat decent size meal 2 hours prior to working out. 30-45 mins prior Tr1umph. 15-20 mins prior PWO (just started GAT Nitraflex after a lovely two month experience with Conqu3r) about 10-15 mins into the workout I'll pop the (4) xgels and 1000mgs L-Carnitine.
Post workout shake protein being a blend of Whey and casein

(2)Alphamax xt about 1130 before bed

Should I add in GMS? And am I doing the right thing with the Carnitine? I've been reading the ARA help guide, just want to make sure that with my busy schedule, physical workload during the day and limited windows I'm taking everything as would be recommended. Thank you very much in advance. Any recommendations are much appreciated. I just started the Xgels and Alphamax xt on Sunday (two days ago) so if there's anything g I'm doing wrong, I'd like to correct it before too long

Last edited:
Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I just received my X-gels and Alphamax xt in thevery mail and have a few questions.
I work a very physically intensive job with long hours (railroad). I wake up at 0500 and work until about 630 p.m. or so. My usual gym sessions go from 9p.m.-11p.m. I try and get a decent meal in about 2 hours before the workout. I workout usually 6 days a week. 2 hour sessions, 2/back,biceps 2/chest,triceps,shoulders 2 legs. With that being said am I doing the right thing with my current routine:

0530. (2)Alphamax/multi/hydroxyelite with my morning shake and banana (whey/casein blend w/milk) l before I run out the door.

Eat decent size meal 2 hours prior to working out. 30-45 mins prior Tr1umph. 15-20 mins prior PWO (just started GAT Nitraflex after a lovely two month experience with Conqu3r) about 10-15 mins into the workout I'll pop the (4) xgels and 1000mgs L-Carnitine.

Should I add in GMS? And am I doing the right thing with the Carnitine? I've been reading the ARA help guide, just want to make sure that with my busy schedule, physical workload during the day and limited windows I'm taking everything as would be recommended. Thank you very much in advance. Any recommendations are much appreciated. I just started the Xgels and Alphamax xt on Sunday (two days ago) so if there's anything g I'm doing wrong, I'd like to correct it before too long
I think you'll be fine with the Tr1umph, as soy lecithin would also work well as an emulsifier. Everything else looks OK to me.

Those are some long workouts, though!

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I think you'll be fine with the Tr1umph, as soy lecithin would also work well as an emulsifier. Everything else looks OK to me.

Those are some long workouts, though!
Yeah, I wouldnt worry about adding in any GMS. Your dosing strategy looks fine what youre doing.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Agreed. I'm jealous of your stack though!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Setup looks very good. If you have any other questions regarding AlphaMax XT, feel free to PM me

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad to hear you enjoyed Conqu3r and have chosen Tr1umph to be part of your stack. It will work beautifully with the other supps and should help keep you in an anabolic state.

As others have stated, you don't need GMS. The big dose of lecithin in Tr1umph will be more than enough. SoyL is far more effective as an emulsifier compared to GMS anyway.

Your dosing scheme looks just about perfect to me. The only thing I would maybe alter would be trying to take the Hydroxyelite on an empty stomach, giving it ~30 minutes before consuming your banana/protein shake, (the Alpha-Y in Hydroxyelite will work best in the absence of food). This won't make a huge difference, so if it's a big inconvenience to eat a little later (as you drive to work, perhaps), then don't worry about it.

Besides supps:
-Since you're hitting muscle groups twice per week, are you doing a PHAT-type routine where you alternate between heavy/light workouts? I'd guess you are, but figured I'd ask to make sure since simply doing the same workout on each muscle group 2x/week wouldn't be ideal.

-Are you getting any carbs in post-workout? It's definitely not necessary, but if you're going for a bulk, I would like to see carbs both pre and post, especially given the duration of your workouts and the physical-nature of your job.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Looks like an interesting stack. Keep us posted.

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
Nice stack man! I'm running X-Gels, Follidrone 2.0, and Fearns Lechitin granules, I'm taking a low dose aspirin with the ARA instead of a carnitine salt...and a few other things lol. It's been a very nice run so far..

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The way you have it looks fine to me as well. Great choices by the way. ArA is one of my favorite products and AlphaMax XT is a very well rounded test booster. Honestly, I like it because it's so versatile. I can taylor it to my goals based off diet. The fact that it has forskolin 95 in it is a plus for me. When I bulk, I drink so much milk that it helps keep the fat off. When I cut, it's that added ingredient to help me achieve my fat % / body comp I want.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear you enjoyed Conqu3r and have chosen Tr1umph to be part of your stack. It will work beautifully with the other supps and should help keep you in an anabolic state.

As others have stated, you don't need GMS. The big dose of lecithin in Tr1umph will be more than enough. SoyL is far more effective as an emulsifier compared to GMS anyway.

Your dosing scheme looks just about perfect to me. The only thing I would maybe alter would be trying to take the Hydroxyelite on an empty stomach, giving it ~30 minutes before consuming your banana/protein shake, (the Alpha-Y in Hydroxyelite will work best in the absence of food). This won't make a huge difference, so if it's a big inconvenience to eat a little later (as you drive to work, perhaps), then don't worry about it.

Besides supps:
-Since you're hitting muscle groups twice per week, are you doing a PHAT-type routine where you alternate between heavy/light workouts? I'd guess you are, but figured I'd ask to make sure since simply doing the same workout on each muscle group 2x/week wouldn't be ideal.

-Are you getting any carbs in post-workout? It's definitely not necessary, but if you're going for a bulk, I would like to see carbs both pre and post, especially given the duration of your workouts and the physical-nature of your job.
Yes, alternating high/low intensity and rep ranges as well as alternating the movements as to not repeat the same process every week.

I haven't exactly decided what I want to do with the diet yet honestly. I've been keeping the carbs low the last two-three months and I think I'm going to steadily increase them as bulking season begins here. I've got Kings Blood, Test1fy, Or1gin and more tr1umph in the mail I was going to use on my next run for a real bulk come Christmas time. Any suggestions on what you'd advise? I was thinking 4 weeks Test1fy/or1gin/triumph then 4 weeks Kings Blood/Or1gin/Tr1umph.Eating plenty of tuna, chicken and hard boiled eggs and peanut butter throughout the day as well as a protein bar (MP combat crunch, Quest, MT mission 1) or two for when I'm on the go since eating at work isn't always the most convenient.

Also are the 1000mgs of L-carnitine ok or should I do something else there?
Glad the Tr1umph has me covered for an emulsifier, I figured it would but after reading the ARA help guide I wasnt sure if GMS was a better option. Thanks for all the input, I've had 3 fantastic workouts so far. DOMS have increased but it feels good, nothing debilitating.

Last edited:
Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, alternating high/low intensity and rep ranges as well as alternating the movements as to not repeat the same process every week.

I haven't exactly decided what I want to do with the diet yet honestly. I've been keeping the carbs low the last two-three months and I think I'm going to steadily increase them as bulking season begins here. I've got Kings Blood, Test1fy, Or1gin and more tr1umph in the mail I was going to use on my next run for a real bulk come Christmas time. Any suggestions on what you'd advise? I was thinking 4 weeks Test1fy/or1gin/triumph then 4 weeks Kings Blood/Or1gin/Tr1umph.Eating plenty of tuna, chicken and hard boiled eggs and peanut butter throughout the day as well as a protein bar (MP combat crunch, Quest, MT mission 1) or two for when I'm on the go since eating at work isn't always the most convenient.

Also are the 1000mgs of L-carnitine ok or should I do something else there?
Glad the Tr1umph has me covered for an emulsifier, I figured it would but after reading the ARA help guide I wasnt sure if GMS was a better option. Thanks for all the input, I've had 3 fantastic workouts so far. DOMS have increased but it feels good, nothing debilitating.
Ok, workout program sounds perfect, and I like adding carbs in slowly as you progress. My only advice is to time the bulk of your carbs around your workout window so they're most optimally utilized.

As for your next bulk stack, your instincts on how to stack supps once again prove to be spot-on. Month 1: Test1fy/Or1gin/Tr1umph, Month 2: K1ngs Blood/Or1gin/Tr1umph should be absolutely spectacular. This is virtually identical to my bulk stack I'll be running soon, except I'm doing K1ngs Blood first cuz I'm all excited to try the new product.:icon16: I may also incorporate a moderate dose (50mg) of Forslean given its ability to mitigate fat accrual.

You're well covered for carnitine with the LCLT in Tr1umph, but adding a gram of bulk L-Carn on top of it certainly won't hurt. Did you have a specific goal/desired-effect with adding it in? Or just following the recommendations to take a carnitine source with ArA?

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Ok, workout program sounds perfect, and I like adding carbs in slowly as you progress. My only advice is to time the bulk of your carbs around your workout window so they're most optimally utilized.

As for your next bulk stack, your instincts on how to stack supps once again prove to be spot-on. Month 1: Test1fy/Or1gin/Tr1umph, Month 2: K1ngs Blood/Or1gin/Tr1umph should be absolutely spectacular. This is virtually identical to my bulk stack I'll be running soon, except I'm doing K1ngs Blood first cuz I'm all excited to try the new product.:icon16: I may also incorporate a moderate dose (50mg) of Forslean given its ability to mitigate fat accrual.

You're well covered for carnitine with the LCLT in Tr1umph, but adding a gram of bulk L-Carn on top of it certainly won't hurt. Did you have a specific goal/desired-effect with adding it in? Or just following the recommendations to take a carnitine source with ArA?
My concern about a lot of post workout carbs is that I usually go to bed within an hour of consuming my post workout meal/shake and don't want them to just get stored as fat. Thoughts?

I may need follow your lead with the forslean, this will be my first real legitimate bulk with a proper diet ando and training to follow. Prior to the last 6 months it's always been "lifted hard and often, eat protein, try to avoid candy" haha. Finally decided that with all the time and effort I put into working out I might as well make it worthwhile by eating right. I'm 26 so the metabolism isnt running quite like it used to but at 5'8 187lbs and 13% bf I'm happy.

As far as the carnitine goes I was just following the recommendation to dose it with the ArA.

Got some goodies in the mail Friday, absolutely stoked to have some flavored Tr1umph again, drinking the unflavored by itself got a bit old after a while lol

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
JPARKS42 you can add in Forslean if you wanted to, but keep in mind that Alphamax XT already contains forskolin, so you're already reaping the benefits of it. Some people experience digestion/stomach issues with higher doses of forskolin, so you may want to hold off on adding Forslean until your Alphamax XT cycle is over.

As far as carbs before bed goes, that's a complete myth. Your body will still utilize the carbs after your workout, regardless of if you're going to sleep. If you train that late, it might be best to add more carbs into your preworkout meal, but if you're bulking I definitely wouldn't cut out post workout carbs. After training is a crucial time for recovery and your body needs amino acids and glycogen to replenish and begin recovery

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
JPARKS42 you can add in Forslean if you wanted to, but keep in mind that Alphamax XT already contains forskolin, so you're already reaping the benefits of it. Some people experience digestion/stomach issues with higher doses of forskolin, so you may want to hold off on adding Forslean until your Alphamax XT cycle is over.

As far as carbs before bed goes, that's a complete myth. Your body will still utilize the carbs after your workout, regardless of if you're going to sleep. If you train that late, it might be best to add more carbs into your preworkout meal, but if you're bulking I definitely wouldn't cut out post workout carbs. After training is a crucial time for recovery and your body needs amino acids and glycogen to replenish and begin recovery
Just reread my post, sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the next stack on my list (test1fy/KB/tr1umph/or1gin) that I was going to add the Forslean to. I'm beyond impressed with the Xgels/Alphamax Xt/Tr1umph stack I have going on right now. Completely in love after this first week, can't wait to see what all 8 weeks will have in store. Feeling great, strength and stamina is top notch, veins are popping, muscles are hard and full all day.

I'll take your advice with the carbs, I had the understanding that when consumed before bed they would mostly go unused. Thanks for the input.
Out of curiosity, has anybody tried Karbolyn or Karbolic(with or without Iload)? Looks like an interesting concept as far as convenience is concerned.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just reread my post, sorry for the confusion, I was referring to the next stack on my list (test1fy/KB/tr1umph/or1gin) that I was going to add the Forslean to. I'm beyond impressed with the Xgels/Alphamax Xt/Tr1umph stack I have going on right now. Completely in love after this first week, can't wait to see what all 8 weeks will have in store. Feeling great, strength and stamina is top notch, veins are popping, muscles are hard and full all day.

I'll take your advice with the carbs, I had the understanding that when consumed before bed they would mostly go unused. Thanks for the input.
Out of curiosity, has anybody tried Karbolyn or Karbolic(with or without Iload)? Looks like an interesting concept as far as convenience is concerned.
Glad to hear that you are enjoying it! Hold onto those X-Gel labels for the Reload program as well :)

BTW, you may not want/need to stack Test1fy and KB as they have several ingredients that overlap. Might want to save the KB for a true PCT.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

Glad you're enjoying the stack man. I really find Alphamax XT to kick in fully around the 3 week mark, so you'll be very pleased if you're enjoying it already.

Preworkout carbs are definitely beneficial, but make sure you're eating the right kinds of carbs. You should aim for slow digesting carbs before a workout to give you energy for your training. I wouldn't recommend high glycemic carbs and sugars preworkout, but a balanced meal with protein carbs and fat about an hour before training can be very beneficial.

Post workout you can use a higher glycemic carb source. I've used Karbolyn in the past, but didn't see much of a difference over other carb sources. Some users swear by fancy carb sources post workout, but I always opt to save my money and eat some tasty carbs (like breakfast cereal or rice cakes) with a protein shake after training

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
Misfit28 the plan was to go 1 month Test1fy/Or1gin/ Tr1umph then 1 month KB/Or1gin/ Tr1umph. Definitely wouldn't be stacking them together.
john.patterson is there a certain number of carbs you aim for or even better would recommend for my situation, pre and post workout?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Misfit28 the plan was to go 1 month Test1fy/Or1gin/ Tr1umph then 1 month KB/Or1gin/ Tr1umph. Definitely wouldn't be stacking them together.
john.patterson is there a certain number of carbs you aim for or even better would recommend for my situation, pre and post workout?
The amount of carbs will vary per person, and it depends on how much food you can eat before training. I usually eat 40-50g of carbs in my preworkout meal, and anywhere from 100-150g post workout (depending on my schedule and training). What are you current stats and current macro/calorie intake?

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WAF

WAF

Awards
Just throwing this out there but ive noticed an improvement when using 2 separate doses of tr1umph during the day. Food for thought if its financial feasible.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ I've noticed that as well. I've ran a whole tub of it one serving a day then bought two tubs the next time and ran two scoops a day and there was a big difference.

JPARKS42

Awards
  • Established
The amount of carbs will vary per person, and it depends on how much food you can eat before training. I usually eat 40-50g of carbs in my preworkout meal, and anywhere from 100-150g post workout (depending on my schedule and training). What are you current stats and current macro/calorie intake?
On a regular day M-F (diet tends to vary a little on the weekends but nothing too drastic, if anything carbs & fat increase slightly due to going out for a meal or two)
Total Protein 250g
Total Carbs 130g
Total Fat 110g

5'8"
187lbs
13% BF as of about a month ago and if I had to guess I'd say that's still fairly accurate.

I'm intrigued by the idea of Tr1umph twice a day, this is the first I've heard of anybody trying this, when were you taking it?
I could easily swing it financially, but would it be worth it?

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
I've never taken Tr1umph..but man the Fearns Lechitin Granules have really increased my appetite..

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My concern about a lot of post workout carbs is that I usually go to bed within an hour of consuming my post workout meal/shake and don't want them to just get stored as fat. Thoughts?

I may need follow your lead with the forslean, this will be my first real legitimate bulk with a proper diet ando and training to follow. Prior to the last 6 months it's always been "lifted hard and often, eat protein, try to avoid candy" haha. Finally decided that with all the time and effort I put into working out I might as well make it worthwhile by eating right. I'm 26 so the metabolism isnt running quite like it used to but at 5'8 187lbs and 13% bf I'm happy.

As far as the carnitine goes I was just following the recommendation to dose it with the ArA.

Got some goodies in the mail Friday, absolutely stoked to have some flavored Tr1umph again, drinking the unflavored by itself got a bit old after a while lol
As John astutely noted, carbs before bed are nothing to worry about as long as they're being ingested after a workout to take advantage of elevated GLUT4. I am a big fan of TKD (targeted ketogenic diets). Essentially you try to limit carb intake to exclusively pre/post workout. I have found this approach to be universally beneficial, whether cutting or bulking. IMHO, the best way to limit fat accrual is to control insulin response. Carbs can be highly insulinogenic.

My general carb advice (not meant to be dogmatic...just what's worked for me)
1. Limit carb intake to around your workout window
2. Limit carb intake on non-workout days
3. Choose low-glycemic carb sources
4. Eat some fat and/or fiber ~15 minutes before consuming any carbohydrates

Following these general principles yet maintaining a caloric surplus...all while supplementing with Or1gin, K1ngs-Blood/Test1fy, Tr1umph, and Forslean should make for one hell of a lean bulk.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm intrigued by the idea of Tr1umph twice a day, this is the first I've heard of anybody trying this, when were you taking it?
I could easily swing it financially, but would it be worth it?
I've heard from several people that they do notice a considerable difference double-dosing it. There's really nothing in Tr1umph that can't be taken at higher doses, and spiking mTOR and some of the other acute benefits the formula provides would certainly be beneficial if done more often, (e.g. twice per day). However, it is dosed sufficiently to be very effective at one serving, and this should be enough for virtually any individual. If one wanted to experiment, one could try it for a week or two and see how they like it, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend long-term double dosing. If you like the benefits, I'd say at most continue it through your bulk, but then revert to normal dosing afterwards.