Sesamin

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Did a search - not a lot, and what there is, is old. Did this stuff not pan out? Looking at it mainly for Liver and Lipid control for LGD, but did the rat fat loss (or better - fat gain prevention) ever translate? I grabbed some Scivation gel-caps from SP/NP, but I have no idea how old they are, or if Scivation even makes them any more. Flash in the pan supp, or just over-looked/forgotten?

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
When this came out it was pretty big for fat loss. Reviews were amazing and everyone was buying it. Over the years the reviews starting getting worse and newer supplements came to the market. Typical lifespan you see of many supplements. I didn't even know it was still around until you posted this. Sorry I can't give you my personal opinion on it as I haven't tried it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've used it for fat loss. Does it work? Maybe. It's hard to tell, like most things. I happened to get a bunch of scivation sesamin really, really cheap and had something like 6-8 180 capsule bottles. I used it straight for about 6 months and I DID lose weight in that time without really changing anything and while eating a horrible diet. Was it dramatic? No. But was I going in a positive direction? Yes.

I probably went from 270-250 or 260 in that time. I had just gone from 290-270 and the only change I made during either period was I started lifting weights, no dieting. So, it could have just been the added exercise (which I had added previously) or the sesamin. But it was also long-term use, so even if you figure half of the weight was due to sessamin we would be taking 0.5-0.75 pounds/month.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Yeah, I'm after the HDL improvement and Liver protection - was just wondering about the fat related stuff - thanks!

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Ive also heard it can be used as "damage control" to prevent fat gain with cheat meals and such but also heard long term use can leave your muscles a bit flat but that is not from personal experience

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sesamol is a better option, sesamin is a libido killer in alot of people

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DieselNY Supplements 0
Supplements 17
Anabolics 2