PerforMax SlinMax

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Is Performax's SlinMax still the King of GDA supplements, or is there a new guy in his spot?
Last time I ran SlinMax I remember it being great for pre-workout carb meals and pumps.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is Performax's SlinMax still the King of GDA supplements, or is there a new guy in his spot?
Last time I ran SlinMax I remember it being great for pre-workout carb meals and pumps.
I might be a little biased, however I haven't seen a better partitioner come along lately. When you see some of the deals the board sponsers have, it makes Slinmax even harder to beat. Quite a few competitor products say to stack theirs with Na-R-ALA, why bother stacking when SlinMax has it all covered.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I might be a little biased, however I haven't seen a better partitioner come along lately. When you see some of the deals the board sponsers have, it makes Slinmax even harder to beat. Quite a few competitor products say to stack theirs with Na-R-ALA, why bother stacking when SlinMax has it all covered.
I tried making my own partitioner with Na-R-ALA, and a few other things, when SlinMax became harder to find over here in the UK, but it never came close to the real thing.
I remember my muscles feeling harder after meals and some insane pumps with SlinMax.
Formula hasn't changed since 2014 has it?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried making my own partitioner with Na-R-ALA, and a few other things, when SlinMax became harder to find over here in the UK, but it never came close to the real thing.
I remember my muscles feeling harder after meals and some insane pumps with SlinMax.
Formula hasn't changed since 2014 has it?
Nope formula remains the same!

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great profile. Def on my list to try. Slintensity seems to be a board favorite too.

I swear some day I will bring Recompadrol back to the market. Just need the money and right timing.

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
I use Slinmax all the time .. i just order a couple of bottles from NV and keep myself topped up ..

I dont think £ for £ or $ for $ haha you will find a better formula .. berberine hcl acts in the same way as metformin does yet its OTC and Na-R-ala is the only ala i would take as its the only ala that can withstand bodytemperature and not turn to mush ... if you youtube ala vs na-r-ala you will see .. if you use a standard ala your wasting your money imho

Then you have agmatine sulfate for pumps etc... must admit i never feel ' rock hard and vascular ' after taking GDAs yet i do use them for piece of mind to ensure carbohydrates are effectively stored

Masterkai

Masterkai

Awards
While I can't comment on Slinmax or it's efficacy, as I've never used it. I do know of an amazing nutrient partitioner known as Mass pro synthagen. It without a doubt is the best supplement I've purchased in years. It is much more than partitioner also. Its an anti-catabolic, muscle protein synthesis enhancer, and strength agent. Maximizes uptake of anything you eat. Its very difficult to put any fat on using this product. Works wonder no matter age.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I am trying these days, I'll make a short-month trial.

My reflections:

difficult to rate, I did not quell "effect muscle fullness of which we speak.

I just end, I see the difference, but for now I'm not notanto nothing sensational.

less fat storage? hard to know!
it would take a double check :)

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
It doesnt always equate to a reduction in fat mate .. its more about using what you are putting in food wise effectively so you will only see a difference over time apart from the odd pump with cheat meals or foods higher in salt or sugar provided you are hydrated.

Ive done a blood glucose test with a glucometer 30 mins prior to a meal and 30 mins after a meal ( a clean meal ) whilst using slin max and other products such as project AD's matador and there was a noticable difference in blood sugar .. i think with Slinmax my before meal blood sugar was in the 4.5-4.8 range both times .. without slinmax it rose to 6.1 30 mins after a carb meal containing 70g ... with slinmax it was 5.5 if i remember correctly

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
So i guess my point is .. your fat loss will only typically occur if your in a caloric defecit and slinmaxx wont provide this benefit alone .. however it will ensure that your carbs are mostly stored as glycogen and not as fat if you dose it accordingly

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
So i guess my point is .. your fat loss will only typically occur if your in a caloric defecit and slinmaxx wont provide this benefit alone .. however it will ensure that your carbs are mostly stored as glycogen and not as fat if you dose it accordingly
This. There's no product out there that will magically allow you to lose weight and body fat and still eat in a surplus. If your goal is fat loss you must eat in a calorie deficit. Slinmax is still beneficial in allowing carbs to be stored as glycogen for energy. It is also beneficial to use for high carb days or refeeds

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think im going to glucometer test this stuff.. might be worth it to compare to some of the others that produce great resuts, anabolic pump being one of the best based on blood sugar levels.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the products out there now, SlinMax is probably the most comprehensive. Also, users know how much of each ingredient they are getting, which is key. SlinMax uses several ingredients people suggest for a homemade GDA product and instead of hiding the dosages under a prop blend, users know the doses of the ingredients are not pixie dusted.

Na-R-ALA is great for reducing blood sugar and it improves glycogen storage thanks to its actions with GLUT-4.

Agmatine is great for pumps. It also improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles.and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue. Agmatine stimulates the release of beta-endorphin that helps move glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle tissue.

Berberine increase AMPK levels. AMPK activation improves insulin sensitivity and glucose transport in the body.

Very hard to find another all in one option like this, that is still available.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Considering taking this with my post workout shake. Seeing as it's my highest carb "meal" of the day with 80-100g of fast carbs, I think this would be the best time to dose it.

Thoughts?

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
For me personally .. and some people might shoot me down in flames .. but this is what i dont do

Which is as you suggested .. post workout .. unless your meal exceeds ' normality ' i.e the 100g you suggested i think the response you will get from stimulus from training alone will aid the shuttling of nutrients .. i prefer to split my 2 caps per day over the prior 2 meals as my carbs around training are currently

Meal 3 - 50g
Meal 4 - 50g ( pre workout meal )
Meal 5 - 100g ( post workout meal )

I dose 1 cap with each of meals 3 and 4 with a digestive aid to ensure that my carbs prior to training can be utilised as energy ..

Would be interested to see what the other guys think but in summary my thoughts are .. your body will be like a sponge post workout anyway so use your doses when its not so ' spongelike ' :)

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
For me personally .. and some people might shoot me down in flames .. but this is what i dont do

Which is as you suggested .. post workout .. unless your meal exceeds ' normality ' i.e the 100g you suggested i think the response you will get from stimulus from training alone will aid the shuttling of nutrients .. i prefer to split my 2 caps per day over the prior 2 meals as my carbs around training are currently

Meal 3 - 50g
Meal 4 - 50g ( pre workout meal )
Meal 5 - 100g ( post workout meal )

I dose 1 cap with each of meals 3 and 4 with a digestive aid to ensure that my carbs prior to training can be utilised as energy ..

Would be interested to see what the other guys think but in summary my thoughts are .. your body will be like a sponge post workout anyway so use your doses when its not so ' spongelike ' :)
That does make sense tbf.
I only really have heavy carb intakes twice per day,
Pre-Workout meal (75g Carbs)
Post Workout Shake (80-100g Carbs)
Non of my other meals ever exceed 50g of carbs, and that's only in my Post Workout meal. All of the others are around 20-25g, which wouldn't really be making the best use of the SlinMax.

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
That does make sense tbf.
I only really have heavy carb intakes twice per day,
Pre-Workout meal (75g Carbs)
Post Workout Shake (80-100g Carbs)
Non of my other meals ever exceed 50g of carbs, and that's only in my Post Workout meal. All of the others are around 20-25g, which wouldn't really be making the best use of the SlinMax.
Nope so if i were you id drop 2 tablets pre workout and then be like a sponge pre intra and post

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Tried all the other GDA's over the years and my fav's are slintensity and AP; however, I got a bunch of bottles of Slinmax coiming, so I will be sure report back my results.

Feiwong

Feiwong

Awards
  • Established
I'm running an Ara cicle and don't do the prewo meal. I Take a shaker postwo with malto/glucose with 60g of carbs. Then, after 40-60 min after, a meal with rice, fat and a source of protein (about 60g of carbs). It make sense to take Slin Max before this or am I a "sponge" yet?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Considering taking this with my post workout shake. Seeing as it's my highest carb "meal" of the day with 80-100g of fast carbs, I think this would be the best time to dose it.

Thoughts?
No need to do this. Your insulin sensitivity, glucose uptake ability, and glute-4 are all activitated by training. It would be a waste to run this then. Training pretty much has the same effect.

I run a modified backloading diet, where I have all my carbs in the last meal of the day. Both training and non training days. I use a GDA for this meal, unless it is post training.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thoughts?
Never use GDAs post workout. They are not needed. Your muscles are primed for those carbs then.

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
Glad were all singing from the same hymn sheet

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
No need to do this. Your insulin sensitivity, glucose uptake ability, and glute-4 are all activitated by training. It would be a waste to run this then. Training pretty much has the same effect.

I run a modified backloading diet, where I have all my carbs in the last meal of the day. Both training and non training days. I use a GDA for this meal, unless it is post training.
Never use GDAs post workout. They are not needed. Your muscles are primed for those carbs then.
Glad were all singing from the same hymn sheet
Thought it might have rendered it a bit redundant using it post workout, thanks for the clarification guys! Will be taking two caps about 15 mins before my pre-workout meal, Bring On The Pumps!!!

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thought it might have rendered it a bit redundant using it post workout, thanks for the clarification guys! Will be taking two caps about 15 mins before my pre-workout meal, Bring On The Pumps!!!
Not referring to the product in question, but it is a bad idea in general to use potent AmpK activators and anti-oxidants like Berberine (increasing atrogin-1, as well as potently activating AmpK) and Na-r-ALA close to you resistance training workouts. It may/will impact protein synthesis, glycogen repletion and possibly blunt adaptations.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not referring to the product in question, but it is a bad idea in general to use potent AmpK activators and anti-oxidants like Berberine (increasing atrogin-1, as well as potently activating AmpK) and Na-r-ALA close to you resistance training workouts. It may/will impact protein synthesis, glycogen repletion and possibly blunt adaptations.
I have seen the mice study on Berberine and impairing protein synthesis however I dont know how relevant it would be to doses that we consume, but I could be wrong. I dont see the small amounts of beberine in supplements effecting protein synthesis in non-diabetics to any degree that would effect potential results, also I believe the author stated that this could be overcome by increased mitochondrial biogenesis, to which Na-R-ALA may also increase mitochondrial biogenesis(possibily only when co-administered with ALCAR) but also exercise itself.

With a pre workout meal, lets say a 1.5-2.5 hours pre workout, I dont think its a big deal or something to be concerned about, even it was closer I dont believe it would have an appreciable impact on the gainz bro haha

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I have seen the mice study on Berberine and impairing protein synthesis however I dont know how relevant it would be to doses that we consume, but I could be wrong. I dont see the small amounts of beberine in supplements effecting protein synthesis in non-diabetics to any degree that would effect potential results, also I believe the author stated that this could be overcome by increased mitochondrial biogenesis, to which Na-R-ALA may also increase mitochondrial biogenesis(possibily only when co-administered with ALCAR) but also exercise itself.

With a pre workout meal, lets say a 1.5-2.5 hours pre workout, I dont think its a big deal or something to be concerned about, even it was closer I dont believe it would have an appreciable impact on the gainz bro haha
So taking 2 caps of SlinMax with my 75g carb pre-workout meal, about 1.5 hours before my workout won't negatively effect my actual workout performance or my gainz?

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
I think after 40 minutes the carbs from your post workout shake have already been taken up into the bloodstream. Seeing as your body will be so responsive to nutrients at this time, with an increase in metabolism, expansion of blood vessels and shuttling of nutrients. So taking the SlinMax 40 minutes after your shake wouldn't be making the best use of it.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Bump, with slin max being the best thing i can find in comparison to slintensity and my Last pot of EBF Recompadrol, is there any other supplements i could add to further improve its GDA Aspects with dealing with carb re-feeds.

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bump, with slin max being the best thing i can find in comparison to slintensity and my Last pot of EBF Recompadrol, is there any other supplements i could add to further improve its GDA Aspects with dealing with carb re-feeds.
Do you mean that you're looking to add another GDA/NP supplement?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could add cinnamon to your meals or add Apple Cider Vinegar to your regime.

Use vinegar as a salad dressing as it attenuates the glucose and insulin response from a carb meal, in addition to raising insulin sensitivity in general. Continued use can lead to an average weight loss of two pounds in four weeks. Also consider taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed, as studies have shown that it can lower morning blood sugar by 4 to 6 percent.
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/how-to-eliminate-love-handles-muffin-tops

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Is there anything specific with Slinmax that you want to improve? I agree with Ant's comments, I always use ACV before larger carb meals as well as cinnamon too. Slinmax on it's own is very complete IMO, but adding in one or both of these could also be beneficial

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there anything specific with Slinmax that you want to improve? I agree with Ant's comments, I always use ACV before larger carb meals as well as cinnamon too. Slinmax on it's own is very complete IMO, but adding in one or both of these could also be beneficial
I've read a lot on the effects of ACV on Carb metabolism and as a GDA/NP, but non of it seems conclusive.
Seeing how you're somebody who has tried it, what do you notice when you use ACV compared to when you don't use it?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've read a lot on the effects of ACV on Carb metabolism and as a GDA/NP, but non of it seems conclusive.
Seeing how you're somebody who has tried it, what do you notice when you use ACV compared to when you don't use it?
I find that it helps me with bloating and digestion overall, especially with oatmeal. ACV seems to help me with the sluggish and drowsy feeling I get after a heavy carb meal too. Slinmax always helps me with post meal drowsiness too. I've also noticed that when I take ACV consistently it keeps me consistent with trips to the bathroom - same time every damn day haha.

The studies done with GDA's and ACV are somewhat inconclusive, and since they deal with digestion everyone responds to them differently. I find that people that digest carbs well and don't get drowsy after carb meals usually don't see much noticeable difference from GDA's or ACV

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find that it helps me with bloating and digestion overall, especially with oatmeal. ACV seems to help me with the sluggish and drowsy feeling I get after a heavy carb meal too. Slinmax always helps me with post meal drowsiness too. I've also noticed that when I take ACV consistently it keeps me consistent with trips to the bathroom - same time every damn day haha.

The studies done with GDA's and ACV are somewhat inconclusive, and since they deal with digestion everyone responds to them differently. I find that people that digest carbs well and don't get drowsy after carb meals usually don't see much noticeable difference from GDA's or ACV
I use SlinMax nearly all year round, 8 weeks on followed by 1 week off on a constant cycle. I just dose it according to what meal I'm having and what my current goals are.
When and how do you take your ACV around meals to help with the bloating and drowsiness?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I use SlinMax nearly all year round, 8 weeks on followed by 1 week off on a constant cycle. I just dose it according to what meal I'm having and what my current goals are.
When and how do you take your ACV around meals to help with the bloating and drowsiness?
Slinmax for the win! I typically take 2-3 tablespoons in a tall glass of water once a day. I train first thing in the morning, so I usually take the ACV right before breakfast which is my biggest carb meal of the day

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Apple Cider Vinegar
is that 3 table spoons around 15ml, also how many grams of cinnamon do you use, i have got both, i have apple cider vinegar that is organic with mother. do you use the brag version or just a generic store bought version also does it have to be a specific form of cinnamon or just the version you can pickup at most supermarkets in the spice aisle.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
I take 1g of cinnamon consistently with high carb meals. Along with pancreatin digestive enzymes 600mg of ALA. I think the slinmax ingredient profile is awesome. Just add some cinnamon with the heavy carb meals.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
is that 3 table spoons around 15ml, also how many grams of cinnamon do you use, i have got both, i have apple cider vinegar that is organic with mother. do you use the brag version or just a generic store bought version also does it have to be a specific form of cinnamon or just the version you can pickup at most supermarkets in the spice aisle.
Just sprinkle cinnamon onto your food. No need to weigh it out. With the ACV, drink it from the bottle, hold it in your mouth and add water. Do not swallow without water. Or add it to a shaker with water and have pre meal or with your meal. You're going to drive yourself crazy measuring out cinnamon, looking for specific types, and measuring out ACV.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
FYI
I would not recommend supplementing with grocery store cinnamon.
Typical spice cinnamon is of the Cassia variety and contains a fair amount of coumarin.
This builds up and can become liver and kidney toxic.
It is easier than you think to go above the daily recommended
https. :// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20024932/

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
FYI
I would not recommend supplementing with grocery store cinnamon.
Typical spice cinnamon is of the Cassia variety and contains a fair amount of coumarin.
This builds up and can become liver and kidney toxic.
It is easier than you think to go above the daily recommended
https. :// www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/20024932/
I have regular store bought for my re-feed sunday and then from then onwards i have another version GRADE A CEYLON CINNAMON which is supposed to be superior

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I have my organic apple cider vinegar sorted for tomorrow and my cinnamon, is there any other GDA type supplements i could add other than them 2 to maximize the effect of SlinMax

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have my organic apple cider vinegar sorted for tomorrow and my cinnamon, is there any other GDA type supplements i could add other than them 2 to maximize the effect of SlinMax
These items are not going to maximize SlinMax, they are simple ingredients that show GDA like properties. With or without SlinMax, they would work well. SlinMax is well formulated and does not need anything additional, but adding anything won't hurt or maximize the product.

ashenshugar77

Awards
I'm very interested in slinmax and will be getting it soon. Love the profile and the ingredients fit me personally very well. Multipurpose product.. Na r ala good for liver as well, agmatine being neuro protective. Very cheap for the dosages involved as well.. The only doubt I'd have about the product is if everything is there they say is cuz it doesn't look like a cheap product to make.