Anyone else think DMAA is crap?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just don't get anything from it but headaches. DMBA on the other hand, is way way way better. But everyone raves about DMAA; anybody else get nothing but sides from DMAA?

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
How much 1,3 have you tried using? Or what product did you try with dmaa in it?

Perhaps you are simply taking to much or maybe their are nootropics in what you are taking and you don't handle those well? Just some thoughts.

I love AMP Cit so I wish it was back! haha 300mg or so of AMP Cit so much greatness! It has a dif feel for sure.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've taken everything from the original jacked from back in the day, to the new hi tec jacked up. i took two scoops today along with 50mg of adderall. thats 50mg ampetamine, 50mg dmaa, and 200mg of caffeine. and I felt nada, but a headache. Same as the old jacked did for me, headaches.

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
Yeah 50mg of adderall on top of that would be the headache i would think

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah 50mg of adderall on top of that would be the headache i would think
Probably not, I've been on it for 8 years. Tolerance builds rapidly to amphetamines, it's not likely to have any significance.

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
Probably not, I've been on it for 8 years. Tolerance builds rapidly to amphetamines, it's not likely to have any significance.
Adderall is not likely to have any significance? It's a very strong CNS stim. Even stronger than DMAA.
I think the mix of DMAA and Adderall might be to blame.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I really like mesomorph so I can't say that I think dmaa is crap haha

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried any eria jarensis products? Hypermax XT with eria jarensis combined with B-phenylethylamine and the rest of the stim blend hits surprisingly hard. Price Plow and Stack3d both have HyperMax XT in their top 5 best preworkout lists. The only non DMAA product in top 5.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
People respond differently to supplements. I'd just enjoy the feeling you get from DMBA and move on. Maybe try something different like cubsfan815 suggested.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
You're been on adderall for 8 years? Ever heard of cross tolerance? No wonder you don't feel anything from DMAA.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While you may have a tolerance for adderall, the unique interaction of adderall/DMAA may be different.

I personally do not care for DMAA. It makes me feel odd and jittery/shaky. I much prefer Juglans Regia and/or Eria Jarensis. To each their own, though.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sometimes I experience dizziness with DMAA.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lot of the old DMAA preworkouts made me feel sick. So much so, that I could workout and had to lie down. However after getting two bjg bags of Thermogum Ive fallen in love woth DMAA, but on at 25-50mg(1-2 peices).

I think the issue I use to get was too much DMAA, Beta-alanine tingles, and a ton of poorly flavored fluod sitting in my stomach. I really hate BA tingles.

I still avoid any DMAA or stim preoworkouts. Had the same experience with Stimul8 a few times. It's all about the non stim pres these days. I'm more into the proven performance enhancing ingrediants. Though I might pick up some 25mg DMAA pills.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def can't agree with this, but there are some people who just don't react well to DMAA. With that being said though, just because your the minority, doesn't make it crap.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Def can't agree with this, but there are some people who just don't react well to DMAA. With that being said though, just because your the minority, doesn't make it crap.
Thank you! As I mentioned above, different people have different reactions to supplements. DMAA is not new. Many people love it and many people hate it. I don't really understand the purpose of this thread. OP doesn't like it. Okay. Use something else. It's not like this is a brand new supplement and we are getting initial user feedback.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've taken everything from the original jacked from back in the day, to the new hi tec jacked up. i took two scoops today along with 50mg of adderall. thats 50mg ampetamine, 50mg dmaa, and 200mg of caffeine. and I felt nada, but a headache. Same as the old jacked did for me, headaches.
why would you expect different results?

if you are sure dmaa caused headaches 'back in the day' chances are it will cause headaches now...repeating the same action expecting different results just doesn't seem real bright!!!

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why would you expect different results?

if you are sure dmaa caused headaches 'back in the day' chances are it will cause headaches now...repeating the same action expecting different results just doesn't seem real bright!!!
Not to toot my own horn, but I may be one of the most educated people on this forum. And specifically in this arena. But I know: I just wanted to give DMAA another shot.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Not to toot my own horn, but I may be one of the most educated people on this forum. And specifically in this arena. But I know: I just wanted to give DMAA another shot.
Lol whut

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A.S. in General & Inorganic Chemistry
B.S. In Biological & Medicinal Chemistry w/ a Focus in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Doctorate will be done in two more years, graduate thesis is on androgens and anabolic agents and their non-therapeutic and cosmetic use

Thats what I meant by my arena.

sespress

Awards
I basically feel like crap after about 30 minutes of the effect from DMAA. I bought 5g, it's going to sit around a long long time I'm sure. Don't like it at all

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I basically feel like crap after about 30 minutes of the effect from DMAA. I bought 5g, it's going to sit around a long long time I'm sure. Don't like it at all
Same man, I do great with DMBA though. I was trying to get a consensus on how many people had thought it was not all that great. I have the same 30 min window too after I take it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Same man, I do great with DMBA though. I was trying to get a consensus on how many people had thought it was not all that great. I have the same 30 min window too after I take it.
I'm not a huge fan of DMAA either. It's very hit or miss for me, and often times I'll end up feeling sick from it.

I would definitely check out Eria Jarensis if you're looking for a preworkout stim. It delivers a very similar level of mental focus as DMAA, but without the jitters and sick feeling. Eria is a very clean energy that gives me awesome workouts. Check out Hypermax XT if you're interested in trying Eria. Hypermax XT delivers clean energy, great focus, and a good pump

sespress

Awards
Is that in anything anymore or was it banned?

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lot of the old DMAA preworkouts made me feel sick. So much so, that I could workout and had to lie down. However after getting two bjg bags of Thermogum Ive fallen in love woth DMAA, but on at 25-50mg(1-2 peices).

I think the issue I use to get was too much DMAA, Beta-alanine tingles, and a ton of poorly flavored fluod sitting in my stomach. I really hate BA tingles.

I still avoid any DMAA or stim preoworkouts. Had the same experience with Stimul8 a few times. It's all about the non stim pres these days. I'm more into the proven performance enhancing ingrediants. Though I might pick up some 25mg DMAA pills.
Stimul8 is jitter city! Crazy stuff!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A.S. in General & Inorganic Chemistry
B.S. In Biological & Medicinal Chemistry w/ a Focus in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Doctorate will be done in two more years, graduate thesis is on androgens and anabolic agents and their non-therapeutic and cosmetic use

Thats what I meant by my arena.
That's awesome to hear man, it just seemed a funny comment to make given most people don't really disclose their qualifications here.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's awesome to hear man, it just seemed a funny comment to make given most people don't really disclose their qualifications here.
Plus the fact that there are plenty with PhDs and MDs here

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love AMP Cit so I wish it was back! haha 300mg or so of AMP Cit so much greatness! It has a dif feel for sure.
Same! I still have one tub of HyperMax with AMP. I really don't want to use it and lose it forever :(

I know one sites still has that version up, but I don't know if he just never updated the label's picture.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm qualified as the best pizza chef in the tri-state area. Also an apprentice insulater and a certified loser, and guaranteed to disapoint your girl in bed. But follow The_Sicilianaire on Instagram for all your pizza needs.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plus the fact that there are plenty with PhDs and MDs here
I'd like to talk to a few of them; there's lots and lots of technical info I think about posting that I have questions on. But other times I've tried people have been like "what?" Please no one think I was trying to be all I'm so super smart. Anyone know of any of these other technical experts on this forum?

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I could sleep on DMAA.. didnt feel anything.. AMP Cit on the other hand is my lover <3 :D

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
I don't think is crap, but I do think that there are plenty of other stims out there that are WAY better like Eria Jarensis aka N-Phenythyl-Dimethylamine and J.Regia extract aka 2-amino-5-methylheptane. I've tried so many stims and what I found with DMAA is that I get a HUGE high and then HUGE crash everytime! DMAA is ok to use just once in a while, NOT EVERYDAY (tolerance, insomia). With DMBA aka AMP the situation is similar (tolerance, insomia) but I had no crash with it.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of DMAA until now. I like Espresso though

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never heard of DMAA until now. I like Espresso though
Must be fairly young? When I entered the picking weights up and putting them back down game dmaa was the standard. Got an amazing year of use out of it before I became immune.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you! As I mentioned above, different people have different reactions to supplements. DMAA is not new. Many people love it and many people hate it. I don't really understand the purpose of this thread. OP doesn't like it. Okay. Use something else. It's not like this is a brand new supplement and we are getting initial user feedback.
Kinda my thinking.. I mean, I dont like burger kings chicken nuggets, I prefer mcdonalds but I wouldn't say there crap..

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I could sleep on DMAA.. didnt feel anything.. AMP Cit on the other hand is my lover <3 :D
I always felt that DMAA gave me a rush of energy that was short lived with a crash, intense at times afterwards. It was hit or miss. amp Cit always gave me incredible focus and never crashed. Loved Amp Cit for the focus and was my go to. What do you use now that amp is gone? Something that is not DMAA based?

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
I always felt that DMAA gave me a rush of energy that was short lived with a crash, intense at times afterwards. It was hit or miss. amp Cit always gave me incredible focus and never crashed. Loved Amp Cit for the focus and was my go to. What do you use now that amp is gone? Something that is not DMAA based?
Yeah I agree! no crash here either and the energy is lasting very long! Amp Cit is not gone where I live and I will prob not have to buy more for a long time.. have 90 grams left =)

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
I am starting to prefer DMHA, the energy lasts longer, more steady and less edgy. DMAA is still useful, i use it mainly for leg day, it makes me walk into the gym and hit the squat rack without hesitation!

nbfootball65

Awards
I love mesomorph but, I crash hard after taking a scoop.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally never tried the product. Heard of it but couldn't even tell you what's in it.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Personally never tried the product. Heard of it but couldn't even tell you what's in it.
^ Noob :p

Same! I still have one tub of HyperMax with AMP. I really don't want to use it and lose it forever :(

I know one sites still has that version up, but I don't know if he just never updated the label's picture.

I will have to look into that I never had HyperMax and didn't know it orig had AMP in it either

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't read thread just wanted to agree with thread topic.

AMP Citrate is superior imo. Cleaner energy, no let down, no noodle Wang ;)

sespress

Awards
I don't think is crap, but I do think that there are plenty of other stims out there that are WAY better like Eria Jarensis aka N-Phenythyl-Dimethylamine and J.Regia extract aka 2-amino-5-methylheptane. I've tried so many stims and what I found with DMAA is that I get a HUGE high and then HUGE crash everytime! DMAA is ok to use just once in a while, NOT EVERYDAY (tolerance, insomia). With DMBA aka AMP the situation is similar (tolerance, insomia) but I had no crash with it.
So where do we get j regia without a crap ton of caffeine. I mean I love caffeine but not at the 300mg+ level. Palpitations are no bueno.

sespress

Awards
And I'll add my new go to for work focus is a 12 hour pseudoephedrine and 150mg of floromodafanil. With a cup of Java. Black.

sespress

Awards
Stuff actually gives me the sh$ts. Great energy from it, made it all the way to the toilet in record time. 90 second faster than my average TTS (time till ...)

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Is there any way to still get AMP Citrate in the US?