Theanine or suntheanine

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Bought both, what is the differnce? Looks like the suntheanine is really popular.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bought both, what is the differnce? Looks like the suntheanine is really popular.
It's just a patented version of l-theanine; subjectively you would feel no difference.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I wonder why things are making me irritated that normally wouldn't? Is this something that happens at first?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder why things are making me irritated that normally wouldn't? Is this something that happens at first?
Not from my experience or what other users usually report. Maybe its due to some sort of anxiety in your life? How much are you taking/ for how long?

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Taken 1 pill before bed. You know how people do things that get on your nerves, well now I'm coming close, to telling them how irritating they are. I'm wondering why online reviews, like amazon, people seem to like that suntheanine. I bought two kinds, I couldn't make up my mind. I like it, just wondering if that is something you notice in the beginning? Has anyone taken that suntheanine and noticed a difference? It is giving a weird taste in my mouth too. I've actually noticed that with quite a few, new supplements.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taken 1 pill before bed. You know how people do things that get on your nerves, well now I'm coming close, to telling them how irritating they are. I'm wondering why online reviews, like amazon, people seem to like that suntheanine. I bought two kinds, I couldn't make up my mind. I like it, just wondering if that is something you notice in the beginning? Has anyone taken that suntheanine and noticed a difference? It is giving a weird taste in my mouth too. I've actually noticed that with quite a few, new supplements.
I haven't heard anyone mention that with theanine (or Suntheanine use). I've used various l-theanine sources, as well as Suntheanine, and haven't noticed any difference; assuming you're getting quality l-theanine, it's going to be l-theanine. It's an amino acid, so you're not really going to notice significant differences between different different brands/sources like you may with herbal extracts, where even if you're standardizing for certain components, there are still other differences between extracts that may lead to slightly different effects. I'm pretty sure that Suntheanine is fermented, which may contribute to the strange taste it leaves in your mouth. I have noticed that as bad as normal leucine powder tastes, fermentation-derived luecine powder is even worse/stranger tasting, although you say you're taking capsules, so I'm not sure if that could still contribute or not.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like MUC said, it's not a normal reaction to theanine. It's the same with everything -- people feel better going with a name brand, but subjectively there will be no difference between the two. Their website even cites theanine research from studies that don't use their extract.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
When do you guys like taking theanine? I'm taking before bed only. Does this stack well with fatburners? I don't know if it's best before bed or during the day.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When do you guys like taking theanine? I'm taking before bed only. Does this stack well with fatburners? I don't know if it's best before bed or during the day.
Theanine is something I prefer to take with caffeine, so I don't take before bed of course. IMO it's best taken during the day. If you're looking for something relaxing before bed, look into KSM 66. Yes, theanine stacks well with fat burners because of its mood lifting benefits.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As synapsin said, I like to take it with caffeine (not a huge dose; 100-200mg theanine), so that's maybe 1-2x per day(morning and/or afternoon). Sometimes I'll take another 200mg before bed, but not often. Tryptophan really knocks me out before bed, but I don't use it often. Theanine can go well with fat burners, but I find if you use too much, it can take away too much of the stim/energy feeling. It depends on the stims in a product and how they effect you though.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I bought a better brand in powder form and don't have that taste in my mouth. Does it take away the stimulant feeling if you take with stimulants? I did not like the suntheanine one I tried at all. I do like this one, just trying to figure out if I should stack with my aminos before bed or with my fatburners. I like a wired feeling always, so I don't want, to not feel that.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I bought a better brand in powder form and don't have that taste in my mouth. Does it take away the stimulant feeling if you take with stimulants? I did not like the suntheanine one I tried at all. I do like this one, just trying to figure out if I should stack with my aminos before bed or with my fatburners. I like a wired feeling always, so I don't want, to not feel that.
It helps take the edge of stims, so yeah maybe don't think it with stims if you prefer feeling on the edge. Like I said before though, its not really a bed time ingredient. KSM 66 is better for that.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Ksm 66 really is good for sleep. I store things in my notes, so I remember. 2 days is really good from ksm 66. 3rd day Everytime it makes me so not stressed, I'm lazy for as long as I take it. I think it is making it harder to fall asleep. Before I was dead tired before bed.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ksm 66 really is good for sleep. I store things in my notes, so I remember. 2 days is really good from ksm 66. 3rd day Everytime it makes me so not stressed, I'm lazy for as long as I take it. I think it is making it harder to fall asleep. Before I was dead tired before bed.
Strange, its normally quite sedating for people. Do you want help finding something to help you sleep better?

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
That's why I was taking before bed. I'm looking for the mood boost from it. Only thing I'm noticing,that I'm trying to figure out the time taking it is, I feel more emotional. If I take with my aminos I feel irritated, not emotional. Someone recommended it, from my other thread.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's why I was taking before bed. I'm looking for the mood boost from it. Only thing I'm noticing,that I'm trying to figure out the time taking it is, I feel more emotional. If I take with my aminos I feel irritated, not emotional. Someone recommended it, from my other thread.
Hmm maybe its not the ingredient for you based on those reactions because you can't really do much more than what you've done.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Ok I am really liking this theanine. I tried 3 kinds. The last one I bought, I love. I was taking it wrong, before bed. I take about 20 different supplements before bed, so obviously it was interacting.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I am really liking this theanine. I tried 3 kinds. The last one I bought, I love. I was taking it wrong, before bed. I take about 20 different supplements before bed, so obviously it was interacting.
Glad it worked out, although I would suggest giving theanine a try sometime during the day with stims for energy to see how it feels. The new alphamine is an excellent formula that includes theanine and I quite enjoy the euphoria / edge it gives me.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
I take it before bed too 200 mg it's added into my melatonin..that and a magnesium knocks me out

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I like it during the day. I stacked with inositol during the day, gave me bad stomach cramps. So I dropped the inositol with theanine. Before bed was interacting with things. I was too emotional before bed, taking it like that. Now I feel better.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Instead of making a new thread, I would like to ask a question? I take 4,000 mg of flaxseed oil pills a day. I've been eating low carbs for about 10 years, so this helps. Like everything it's trial and error, but I am curious.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
What I do like about theanine is I actually do feel like taking to people. I haven't had a burning feeling in my bad since starting it either.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Instead of making a new thread, I would like to ask a question? I take 4,000 mg of flaxseed oil pills a day. I've been eating low carbs for about 10 years, so this helps. Like everything it's trial and error, but I am curious.
What's the question?

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
Do you think 4000mg of flaxseed oil a day is too much to take?
Also how much mg of theanine do you guys like? I'm using 200mgs.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you think 4000mg of flaxseed oil a day is too much to take?
Also how much mg of theanine do you guys like? I'm using 200mgs.
Nah that's a fine dose but don't forget it has calories in it. Also, 200 mg of l-theanine is fine and is a well researched dose. I would use between 200-400 mg a day depending how many times a day you're using it.

51FTY

Awards
  • Established
I kinda feel like the theanine is making me lazy. I do take during the day.