Daily staples for people that don't lift

Tinyme

Awards
My gf doesn't goto the gym. Can she take a multi and fish oil daily?

Tinyme

Awards
Will it give her energy and stuff?

The spring valley at Walmart is 1200mg
EPA 330mg
DHA 220mg
On the bottle it says 1 cap a day. Is that enough for her? She's like 105lbs

One a day for woman ok?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No. The "studied" dose, at least from the last time I looked, is 2g EPA and 1g DHA. Meaning she'll have to take ~6 of those a day. Look up a quality brand too, cheaper isn't always better with fish oil.

Tinyme

Awards
No. The "studied" dose, at least from the last time I looked, is 2g EPA and 1g DHA. Meaning she'll have to take ~6 of those a day. Look up a quality brand too, cheaper isn't always better with fish oil.
Even for a person that doesn't goto the gym? Sounds a lot

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even for a person that doesn't goto the gym? Sounds a lot
You know nothing about the body yet you question the advice given to you?

Regardless of whether you exercise or do not exercise the human body needs essential fatty acids and vitamins and minerals and base-levels of fat and protein.

Tinyme

Awards
You know nothing about the body yet you question the advice given to you?

Regardless of whether you exercise or do not exercise the human body needs essential fatty acids and vitamins and minerals and base-levels of fat and protein.
K thanks

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ I like that answer! But if she doesn't lift I think fish oil and a multi with a good diet would do the trick.

Tinyme

Awards
Thanks guys imma go buy her some.
Maybe one day she'll goto the gym with me

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There is nothing wrong with getting some extra nutrients and such. I would encourage her to lift some to get exercise.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rather than the walmart brand, look up Now Ultra-Omega, Now DHA-500 or Bronson Fish Oils. They are on the cheaper side but still decent quality, a lot of bang for the buck IMO. Are there better oils at higher prices? Maybe....but for the cost, the value is unbeatable. I take 6 per day of either of those 3 products and get 4-5 grams EPA/DHA per day that way.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Controlled Labs OxiMega fish oil is around 12-14$ a bottle and will last 60 days while providing 2g combined EPA/DHA which is optimal.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rather than the walmart brand, look up Now Ultra-Omega, Now DHA-500 or Bronson Fish Oils. They are on the cheaper side but still decent quality, a lot of bang for the buck IMO. Are there better oils at higher prices? Maybe....but for the cost, the value is unbeatable. I take 6 per day of either of those 3 products and get 4-5 grams EPA/DHA per day that way.
I don't trust the quality of NOW. Look into consumer reports, and you'll notice NOW fails a lot of tests.

Controlled Labs OxiMega fish oil is around 12-14$ a bottle and will last 60 days while providing 2g combined EPA/DHA which is optimal.
This is the brand of fish oil I would recommend the most. They even provide testing for heavy metals.

CT21

Awards
No offense, but if she does t lift she isnt for you!

Jk...of course she can. Most women should be supplementing with;
Omega 3's,
GLA (or primrose oil) (i think GLA is better)
Vitamin D,
Calcium, &
Testostoerone...jk again

But seriously...only vitamin woman should be cautious about is vitamin K, as it can cause blood clots in some woman

And i believe their is a risk associated with vitamin K and birth control use. I dont remember through what mechanism or why, definately google it though..

Tinyme

Awards
I might to check out the controlled lab fish oil.
CT21 I doubt she's going to take all that. Imma just keep it simple for her a multi and fish oil.
It'll be nice if she did lift but oh well lol

CT21

Awards
I might to check out the controlled lab fish oil.
CT21 I doubt she's going to take all that. Imma just keep it simple for her a multi and fish oil.
It'll be nice if she did lift but oh well lol
Its all good brother my "girlfriend", "ex" what ever you want to call her doesnt lift either...lol