Iso-100 suggestions

nbfootball65

Awards
So i'm trying to shy away from those amazing pastries we call cinnamon buns! Came across Dymatize ISO-100 having a protein powder with that flavor. Has anyone ever tried it before?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
So i'm trying to shy away from those amazing pastries we call cinnamon buns! Came across Dymatize ISO-100 having a protein powder with that flavor. Has anyone ever tried it before?
Yeah I've used their Cinnamon Bun flavor before. Its got a good taste, but the consistency of Iso-100 is very watery, which I'm not a fan of. The taste of the Iso-100's are all on point, but definitely not as delicious as a real Cinnabon obviously. Have you tried PES Select Snickerdoodle? Much better consistency than Iso-100, and it has a cinnamon-y sweet taste to it

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep i'v tried it. I just got the milk chocolate flavor and it's tastes pretty good in water.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've had Iso-100 cinnamon bun. As John mentioned, the flavor is good, but you can't use very much milk/water if you want a nice consistency and solid flavor. It gets watered down pretty fast as you add liquid.

If you want a strong, cinnamon/buttery flavor that still tastes good even with a decent amount of milk/water, I'd second PES Select Snickerdoodle. It's arguably the perfect protein powder, with minimal fat/carbs, and an ideal ratio of whey/casein.

Another one I'll throw out there even though it doesn't get as much love on these forums is Trutein Cinnabun. The flavor isn't quite as strong as Select, but, imho, it's more of an authentic cinnabun flavor (if that's specifically what you're going for), with a notable "dough" element in the flavor profile. Between the two, on quality alone I'd choose Select, but this is a good one to consider as well.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Isolisious has some great flavors along with a few others that have a great choice of cinnabun flavors. Isolisious has a cinnamon toast crunch flavor that's pretty good. I'm more partial to other flavors.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isolisious has some great flavors along with a few others that have a great choice of cinnabun flavors. Isolisious has a cinnamon toast crunch flavor that's pretty good. I'm more partial to other flavors.
This or trutein are the best Cinnabon flavors I have had. Not a fan of pure isolate protein most of the time but I would give the flavor edge to isolisious.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Isolicious Cinnamon Cereal Crunch is great. I find it tastes more like the leftover milk from a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch than it does a cinnamon roll. It also has a slight chemical taste to it, but if you want Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it's the closest of any protein powder I've had.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've heard great things. So far I've enjoyed every Iso100 flavor I've tried

fakenatty3

Awards
Isolicious Cinnamon Cereal Crunch is great. I find it tastes more like the leftover milk from a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch than it does a cinnamon roll. It also has a slight chemical taste to it, but if you want Cinnamon Toast Crunch, it's the closest of any protein powder I've had.
Yess and the fruity pebbles! I used them in my pancakes and its bomb