AAKG

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Arginine
Alpha
Keto
Glutarate

Got a bag of it in a box of goodies I won in a competition at the gym and I don't really know what to do with it. I Googled it and just found that it WAS popular in a lot of pre-workouts, I say "WAS" because there wasn't any good recent articles or studies.

Any help or ideas Guys?

compan

compan

Awards
Since you got it for free, I'd just toss some in with your pre-workout. Won't hurt.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
this was huge back in 98, 99 and 00- EAS sold it for 9 million dollars a tub-

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Since you got it for free, I'd just toss some in with your pre-workout. Won't hurt.
this was huge back in 98, 99 and 00- EAS sold it for 9 million dollars a tub-
I can't find anything conclusive about it. But seeing as it's an N.O supplement can I add it to my post workout too, to help shuttle more of the proteins and carbs into the muscles?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
you can take it before and mix with creatine- I have done that for added benefit. its not terrible by any means, but before or during - my .69

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
you can take it before and mix with creatine- I have done that for added benefit. its not terrible by any means, but before or during - my .69
I got some Beta-Alanine too but I tried that in a protein shake and it just gave me real bad pins and needles and made me feel sick. So looking for a use for that too, probably just take it with milk instead to slow it down but still build up the carnosine levels.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got some Beta-Alanine too but I tried that in a protein shake and it just gave me real bad pins and needles and made me feel sick. So looking for a use for that too, probably just take it with milk instead to slow it down but still build up the carnosine levels.
Split the dose up into 2g doses pre and post or any other times during the day.

Paresthesia (the tingles) are a side effect of large doses that ventral ky do away once you reach saturation.

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
Nice to know they'll stop once my body's carnosine levels are topped up

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
There is a reason you don't see AAKG in a lot of products anymore. There are much better pump ingredients out there (e.g. L-citrulline, agmatine sulfate, GMS).

But since you got it for free, you might as well use it.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
There is a reason you don't see AAKG in a lot of products anymore. There are much better pump ingredients out there (e.g. L-citrulline, agmatine sulfate, GMS).

But since you got it for free, you might as well use it.
where you around when eas was promoting this years ago? 75 bucks for a tiny tub lol

InItForGainz

Awards
  • Established
where you around when eas was promoting this years ago? 75 bucks for a tiny tub lol
Why was it supposedly worth $75 for a tiny tub? There's gotta be something to this stuff to warrant that sort of price tag right?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Why was it supposedly worth $75 for a tiny tub? There's gotta be something to this stuff to warrant that sort of price tag right?
um, no- EAS held the market- good old bill philips doing his marketing thing.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Haha nah, man. I was 11 in 1999.
lol- ok, then you saved yourself lots of money-

eas was the sh1t back then- body for life, bill philips did his thing- they had good products and they charged what they did cause we paid for it. i was lucky enough to get in when the on line companies started and was able to ditch gnc- f that gold card monthly horsesh1t lol

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
lol- ok, then you saved yourself lots of money-

eas was the sh1t back then- body for life, bill philips did his thing- they had good products and they charged what they did cause we paid for it. i was lucky enough to get in when the on line companies started and was able to ditch gnc- f that gold card monthly horsesh1t lol
Yeah, GNC sucks. They are overpriced, their house brand sucks, and the best companies aren't carried there.

They send me coupons in the mail, like $15 off a $90 purchase, so sometimes I'll go in there and get $90 worth of Fit Crunch bars for $75. It ends up being a good deal. That's all of my money they ever get though. Generally, if you're not buying supplements online, you are overpaying.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Yeah, GNC sucks. They are overpriced, their house brand sucks, and the best companies aren't carried there.

They send me coupons in the mail, like $15 off a $90 purchase, so sometimes I'll go in there and get $90 worth of Fit Crunch bars for $75. It ends up being a good deal. That's all of my money they ever get though. Generally, if you're not buying supplements online, you are overpaying.
i remember when andro first came out - after mark m hit the homerun, i went to gnc and asked if they had it "we wont be selling anything like that here" the girl told me. then months later- bam they had it, commercial with a guy swinging a bat. laugh about it to this day

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 24
dbgonzo24 Supplements 6
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0