5a-Laxo (Str3ngth Unleashed)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What dosage are people using for this? I've ran it before but it wasn't an enhanced absorption system like OL uses so I didn't get anything out of it. I'm using it for both strength gains and joint support. I realize DermaStr3ngth U is preferred but I hate topicals with a passion, and shaving application sites twice a week sucks. So, what dose of this needs to be run for decent results?

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What dosage are people using for this? I've ran it before but it wasn't an enhanced absorption system like OL uses so I didn't get anything out of it. I'm using it for both strength gains and joint support. I realize DermaStr3ngth U is preferred but I hate topicals with a passion, and shaving application sites twice a week sucks. So, what dose of this needs to be run for decent results?
Prior Soviet studies cite anywhere from 20-40mg/day "Novel, Natural and Non-Hormonal Anabolic Agents Derived From Plants", 1976. In practice, I've found anywhere from 50 - 100mg/day to work well. For reference sake, two of the original Laxogenin products in this country (see "Ecdysterone" and "Anabolica" in attached pic) were anywhere from 1.5mg to 5mg per tablet.

So OL is giving you a pretty generous dose here...

Attachments

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Guess I'll just start with 50mg twice a day.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
100+/day for the win broski!

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guess I'll just start with 50mg twice a day.
2 caps SU with phytofuse will treat you right. I haven't played with larger doses, but perhaps others have. You'll really reap the best benefits at 4+ weeks in, so I'm more of a fan of a longer duration than higher acute dosing.

Mixelflick , cool pic. Always fun to learn about the history of how some of these ingredients were originally brought to market.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks everyone. I bought 4 bottles, 2 for me and 2 for my wife. I'll start us both at 100mg per day for a couple weeks before moving up.

Does weight play a role in dosing? I'm 240 lb...

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did 4 bottles consecutively. First month @ 100 mg daily. 1 month @ 200 mg then back to 100 mg. Didn't see anything drastically improve from 100 vs 200 mg. FWIW. SU is something that I feel works progressively better over several months.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I did 4 bottles consecutively. First month @ 100 mg daily. 1 month @ 200 mg then back to 100 mg. Didn't see anything drastically improve from 100 vs 200 mg. FWIW. SU is something that I feel works progressively better over several months.
Did you notice any improvements in your joints? Any improvement in DOMS ? What effects did you notice?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you notice any improvements in your joints? Any improvement in DOMS ? What effects did you notice?
Definite joint improvements. Very little DOMS. Better nutrient uptake. Got leaner without large dietary changes. Minor strength improvements.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Definite joint improvements. Very little DOMS. Better nutrient uptake. Got leaner without large dietary changes. Minor strength improvements.
I will give it a try soon. I tried the OG version but didn't notice too much from it. I am sure this version is a good step up though.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks everyone. I bought 4 bottles, 2 for me and 2 for my wife. I'll start us both at 100mg per day for a couple weeks before moving up.

Generally speaking yes, although the sapogenin analogs (of which Laxogenin is 1) are considerably more efficient than their Ecdysterone parent molecules. 50mg/day of Rhaponticum Carthamoides Extract for example isn't generally enough for most 200lb trainees, whereas 50mg/day of Laxogenin.. you'll start to feel it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Damn 240 bro...your a beast!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SU is something that I feel works progressively better over several months.
Yup. I view it more as an adaptogen rather than an anabolic, but better recovery/joint health means more frequency which means more gains anyway. I have noticed better glycogen retention/"usage" though, so maybe it's anabolic and I just don't know it.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
More like 18%, just had it tested. I have no aspirations of becoming a bodybuilder.

It's ALL about size and strength for me..
Same here, but I was talking about my BF lol. Do you weigh 240 also?

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup. I view it more as an adaptogen rather than an anabolic, but better recovery/joint health means more frequency which means more gains anyway. I have noticed better glycogen retention/"usage" though, so maybe it's anabolic and I just don't know it.
You're not imagining things. Of all its attributes (and there are many), I feel it's effect on maximizing glycogen stores is the most pronounced.

From the research paper, "Practical uses for ecdysteroids in mammals including humans: an update": Practical uses for ecdysteroids in mammals including humans: an update

"It was shown early on (Table 3) that 20E given per os to rats reduces hyperglycaemia induced either by glucagon or by alloxan treatment (Matsuda et al., 1970; Uchiyama and Ogawa, 1970; Yoshida et al., 1971, Uchiyama and Yoshida, 1974). In fact, 20E stimulates the incorporation of glucose into glycogen and protein in mouse liver (Yoshida et al., 1971) and more generally it enhances glucose utilization by tissues (Syrov et al., 1997a). The mechanism involved seems to be an increase of tissue sensitivity to insulin (Kosovsky et al., 1989) and preparations containing phytoecdysteroids have been proposed as oral antidiabetics (Takahashi and Nishimoto, 1992; Yang et al., 2001). Depending on the extent of hyperglycaemia, phytoecdysteroid effects may be more or less pronounced that those of manilil, a widely used pharmacological molecule (Kutepova et al., 2001)."

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same here, but I was talking about my BF lol. Do you weigh 240 also?
My mistake, hope you didn't take offense. It does bring up a good issue though...

I bump into a lot of kids 15-25 who refuse to eat more because they "don't wanna lose their six pack...". I tell them "You will never again have the hormonal symphony that is youth. Make the most of it by eating your lungs out and getting as big and strong as possible". Fact is, you'll never be a lean 225 for example, without getting to 240 (or more).

At 15-25, you can slap on 20lbs of muscle (or more). Not happening at 46!!! I did make it up to 252 at age 25, with nothing more than creatine and Dr. DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet..

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I assumed you were talking about me. LOL Attached is a pic of me around 225..
My mistake, hope you didn't take offense. It does bring up a good issue though...

I bump into a lot of kids 15-25 who refuse to eat more because they "don't wanna lose their six pack...". I tell them "You will never again have the hormonal symphony that is youth. Make the most of it by eating your lungs out and getting as big and strong as possible". Fact is, you'll never be a lean 225 for example, without getting to 240 (or more).

At 15-25, you can slap on 20lbs of muscle (or more). Not happening at 46!!! I did make it up to 252 at age 25, with nothing more than creatine and Dr. DiPasquale's Anabolic Diet..
I agree with all of that. I'm not a bodybuilder either. I'm currently trying to lose maybe another 10 lb or so (just lost 10) but then it's back to all size and strength gainz. The only reason I've tried to lose currently was for my wife. And back in my early 20's I was guilty of the same thing, trying to not gain fat while building and made minimal progress. I've since had an awakening!

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with all of that. I'm not a bodybuilder either. I'm currently trying to lose maybe another 10 lb or so (just lost 10) but then it's back to all size and strength gainz. The only reason I've tried to lose currently was for my wife. And back in my early 20's I was guilty of the same thing, trying to not gain fat while building and made minimal progress. I've since had an awakening!
Good man. I'm using the Super Squats (20 rep breathing squats) program for the first time since I was 20. If you haven't tried this yet, please do so NOW. Especially if you're 15-25. It will be the hardest physical work you ever do, but you'll never get bigger and stronger - faster than on this program!!!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am the kid who constantly wants to gain, but struggle to do so because I don't want to lose my abs. So I sit at a low BF% and that makes it difficult to pack the LBs. I rationalize it to myself by saying I am constantly recomping so the progress is slow.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am the kid who constantly wants to gain, but struggle to do so because I don't want to lose my abs. So I sit at a low BF% and that makes it difficult to pack the LBs. I rationalize it to myself by saying I am constantly recomping so the progress is slow.
I realize the psychological struggle, but you really need to take stock: You'll NEVER again have the hormonal symphony that is youth. Even with HRT at say, age 40 you can NEVER replicate the synergy testosterone, GH, Insulin, IGF-1 etc youth gives you. You can't eat and digest as much food. Your cardiovascular system can't support fast weight gains (even if they're all muscle). You don't have the free time or as much energy you did in your youth.

Your abs will still be there when you diet off any excess fat, I promise..

PM me your email address man. Because you just scored a free copy of The Blueprint 2.0. I really, really feel for the young guys today. So much info (and a lot of it is bad information) out there. Back in the day, you had the opposite problem - no internet. All we had were the magazines, which just put forth the fairy tale that the monster physiques displayed were due to Weider Mega Mass 2000.

I hope you take me up on it, or at least read Super Squats. Quite frankly, the clock is ticking..

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good man. I'm using the Super Squats (20 rep breathing squats) program for the first time since I was 20. If you haven't tried this yet, please do so NOW. Especially if you're 15-25. It will be the hardest physical work you ever do, but you'll never get bigger and stronger - faster than on this program!!!
I'm a big fan of the 20 rep squat plan and the minimalist training type plans. I actually only workout twice a week, using mostly 5x5 on my compound movements. Love it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I realize the psychological struggle, but you really need to take stock: You'll NEVER again have the hormonal symphony that is youth. Even with HRT at say, age 40 you can NEVER replicate the synergy testosterone, GH, Insulin, IGF-1 etc youth gives you. You can't eat and digest as much food. Your cardiovascular system can't support fast weight gains (even if they're all muscle). You don't have the free time or as much energy you did in your youth.

PM me your email address man. Because you just scored a free copy of The Blueprint 2.0. I really, really feel for the young guys today. So much info (and a lot of it is bad information) out there. Back in the day, you had the opposite problem - no internet. All we had were the magazines, which just put forth the fairy tale that the monster physiques displayed were due to Weider Mega Mass 2000.

I hope you take me up on it, or at least read Super Squats. Quite frankly, the clock is ticking..
Wow I appreciate the offer and I will definitely take you up on that!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mixelflick
Clear your PMs when you get a chance. Thanks

jathan_howe

Awards

16 here, I'm usually guilty of it. In the winter months I don't care as much and eat a fair bit, but during the spring and summer my diet takes a hit and gains lag, as I try to bring abs back out, or at least lose the fat. Right now I'm struggling with the aftermath/carryover of summer. My appetite isn't anywhere near back to it's pre-summer level yet

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big fan of the 20 rep squat plan and the minimalist training type plans. I actually only workout twice a week, using mostly 5x5 on my compound movements. Love it.
Believe it or not, most trainees would be a lot stronger (and have more muscle) if they did the same. Increasing the intensity of loading and decreasing frequency almost always results in better results. In many respects it's like high intensity sunlight. The right amount of exposure (and then staying out of the sun) = a tan.

Too much sun results in a burn. Too much training and not enough rest = over-training.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
16 here, I'm usually guilty of it. In the winter months I don't care as much and eat a fair bit, but during the spring and summer my diet takes a hit and gains lag, as I try to bring abs back out, or at least lose the fat. Right now I'm struggling with the aftermath/carryover of summer. My appetite isn't anywhere near back to it's pre-summer level yet
Send me a PM brother. I'll take care of you too..

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys are in good hands....I got a bit of his bench press loading protocol when I was using Synthagen. Great stuff.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Believe it or not, most trainees would be a lot stronger (and have more muscle) if they did the same. Increasing the intensity of loading and decreasing frequency almost always results in better results. In many respects it's like high intensity sunlight. The right amount of exposure (and then staying out of the sun) = a tan.

Too much sun results in a burn. Too much training and not enough rest = over-training.
Yep. I talk to too many guys talking about their gains plateauing and needing to do more and more, hitting 20+ sets for each bodypart and still not making gains. Really sucks for them. Less is more!