Phosphatidic Vs Arachidonic

Brick Tannen

Brick Tannen

Awards
What's the better of the two for strictly building/bulking?

Phospha Grow or Xgels??

Any other recommendations welcome!

jathan_howe

Awards
Soy lecithin granules as a $7 month supply of 1200mg of Phosphatidic Acid, among other beneficial phospholipids. It's so cheap that you can throw your ArA in also and run both. Also, the PA acts as an emulsifier for the ArA

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Soy lecithin granules as a $7 month supply of 1200mg of Phosphatidic Acid, among other beneficial phospholipids. It's so cheap that you can throw your ArA in also and run both. Also, the PA acts as an emulsifier for the ArA

interesting. I like x-factor not advanced as much just the Original. Itts pretty good. I used phosphamuscle and plasma muscle. And had some great workouts while using those products. But want to give the granules a go instead

jathan_howe

Awards
interesting. I like x-factor not advanced as much just the Original. Itts pretty good. I used phosphamuscle and plasma muscle. And had some great workouts while using those products. But want to give the granules a go instead
Most PA products are 750mg and don't emulsify ArA.
Soy lecithin granules are almost double the PA dose as specialized PA products, loaded with other phospholipids, emulsifier ArA, and is only $7-$10 a month

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most PA products are 750mg and don't emulsify ArA.
Soy lecithin granules are almost double the PA dose as specialized PA products, loaded with other phospholipids, emulsifier ArA, and is only $7-$10 a month
Boom. You need the actual SoyL if you want the emulsification properties...and considering how inexpensive granules are, there's no reason not to run both!

Since you asked for other suggestions, I'd say that if you want to take it to the next level for an extra ~$20, I'd go Tr1umph + Xgels. Very popular stack and with good reason: You get a hefty dose of SoyL and 15 other anabolic aids. Tr1umph + ArA = gainz city.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
PA on value, ARA for faster results IMO

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Sums it up. Honestly for how cheap PA can be had for, I would use it alongside whatever other anabolic aid you like, be it Ara or something else

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am with this. PA worked great on strength, but I found those gains did not continue with the time I had in. ARA seemed to continue.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am with this. PA worked great on strength, but I found those gains did not continue with the time I had in. ARA seemed to continue.
Third this. I normally run them together anyway though so it's a win win.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Boom. You need the actual SoyL if you want the emulsification properties...and considering how inexpensive granules are, there's no reason not to run both!

Since you asked for other suggestions, I'd say that if you want to take it to the next level for an extra ~$20, I'd go Tr1umph + Xgels. Very popular stack and with good reason: You get a hefty dose of SoyL and 15 other anabolic aids. Tr1umph + ArA = gainz city.
always see it on sale at nutriverse may need to give it a go

compan

compan

Awards
I'll side with PA.

You can get it dirt cheap and a lot of people notice significant rise in hunger which would naturally be great for bulking.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hijack thread but I just read another am thread where someone was dosing X-gels mid workout. X-gels should be taken fasted , so would a mid workout dose be beneficial if a meal was 1.5 hours pre workout?
I am currently using tr1umph and ready to open my bottle of X-gels!

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Think it needs to be said that the SL Granules will add xtra calories to your daily intake. 8g of fat can cause issues for some

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just picked up a tub of Fearn lecithin granules and using it on my lean bulk.

Anyone have an "optimal" time to consume it? Specifically, any benefit to consuming it pre workout and how long before?

jathan_howe

Awards
Just picked up a tub of Fearn lecithin granules and using it on my lean bulk.

Anyone have an "optimal" time to consume it? Specifically, any benefit to consuming it pre workout and how long before?
I think it had some benefit of being dosed around an hour pre workout but can't remember what

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Run both!

X gels on their own are IMO better than lecithin but they are both great products, and lecithin is cheap as hell.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not necessarily 1200mg @ 7$ a month, but this is just nitpicking (the range is 4-7%). It's still great for how much it costs. It's a no brainer if you can stand the taste (I got tired of it after awhile)

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
It is fine. It has about 6% PA as all the other de-oiled granule products.

jathan_howe

Awards
That won't do it

Well please recommend me the best ARA and PA products...please
What do you mean that won't do it? It's plenty enough PA, more than you'll get in any PA product

jathan_howe

Awards
That puts the PA content in the ball park of a little less than 1200mg, on average. Plus you get extra fats, so more calories. Plus you get phosphatidylcholine (cognitive benefits), phosphatidylserine (lowers cortisol), and many other beneficial phospholipids

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hijack thread but I just read another am thread where someone was dosing X-gels mid workout. X-gels should be taken fasted , so would a mid workout dose be beneficial if a meal was 1.5 hours pre workout?
I am currently using tr1umph and ready to open my bottle of X-gels!
UP!

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does sl cause any gyno or prolactin related issues, I'm nervous about soy now

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It does not.
Yep. Soy Lecithin is comprised primarily of phospholipids, phosphoric acid and fatty acids. No isoflavones/phytoestrogens. No need to worry about gyno or prolactin, which wouldn't be an issue with soy anyway. The fear of estrogen with soy is vastly overblown.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you know much about the dose of sunflower Lecithin - I have a tub at home that I have never used. Not sure if it is different or not?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Do you know much about the dose of sunflower Lecithin - I have a tub at home that I have never used. Not sure if it is different or not?
It is roughly the same as soy. I like sunflower much better though for lack of GI sides.

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is roughly the same as soy. I like sunflower much better though for lack of GI sides.
So we think 1500 ish?

I take 1200mg tabs from NOW foods - says take 3 a day - confusing dose for me?!?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
So we think 1500 ish?

I take 1200mg tabs from NOW foods - says take 3 a day - confusing dose for me?!?
Oh no, the liquid has very little PA. Only powder has about 6%

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just picked up 2 tubs to stack with Xgels ..might possible stack with epiQ as well for extra since i have 3 bottles laying around.

Dear Nov. come soon :)

M.I.D

M.I.D

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh that's annoying. So they are worthless

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just picked up 2 tubs to stack with Xgels ..might possible stack with epiQ as well for extra since i have 3 bottles laying around.

Dear Nov. come soon :)
Hell yeah, bomb stack!

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quick question are the benefits from PA more acute or is saturation needed to see the full effects of the supplement. Right now, I'm just consuming it about 1-1.5 hours pre workout. Off days (Thurs & Sun), not consuming it

beastmode1981

beastmode1981

Awards
  • Established
Ok ivecreadcthe thread...just a question..i just ran 2bottles of xfactor..2tbs of hearns with 1.25g of ara...good results. Should u continue taking the granules. If so the same 2tbs preworkout?

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Ok ivecreadcthe thread...just a question..i just ran 2bottles of xfactor..2tbs of hearns with 1.25g of ara...good results. Should u continue taking the granules. If so the same 2tbs preworkout?
Might as well. Inexpensive and good addition.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So do the now foods soft gels not contain much pa?
From what I've seen, they likely don't. I would email NOW and see what they have to say.

Quick question are the benefits from PA more acute or is saturation needed to see the full effects of the supplement. Right now, I'm just consuming it about 1-1.5 hours pre workout. Off days (Thurs & Sun), not consuming it
The effects appear to be primarily acute, but the overall benefit comes from the continuous repetition of these effects. So while PA doesn't appear to work primarily through saturation, (like say, creatine), stimulating mTOR on off days is still probably a good idea.