Plain old DHEA

SwoleNation

SwoleNation

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100mg a day... over the age of 40, as a muscle building supplement... worth it?

adammorrow36

adammorrow36

Awards
  • Established
Man im 40. been using it in cycles 8 on 4 off and it shure helps stop the estrogen. Nutit doesnt help me realy build muscle. It might for you everyone is different.

SwoleNation

SwoleNation

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man im 40. been using it in cycles 8 on 4 off and it shure helps stop the estrogen. Nutit doesnt help me realy build muscle. It might for you everyone is different.
Just been reading up on it a little bit... opinions seem mixed. How much do u take a day?

adammorrow36

adammorrow36

Awards
  • Established
50 to 75 dependi g what im using it for. If its just maintinance 50 if im using it pct or on cycle 75 to 100

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Heard of people using upwards of 100mg a day to decrease estrogen and to have some effects. I haven't heard of it really doing much for muscle building directly.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
What brand and product are you guys using and can recommend ?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Formutech makes a good one. I use some in the past.

compan

compan

Awards
Will echo Formutech Youth as a good one for DHEA.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have never used it but I have some Formutech youth 7 keto that I'm about to start next week

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It reportedly functions best as a TD. I make my own and use it in cycles

I view it not as a muscle builder per say but more of a hormone optimizer for the more aged.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Heard of people using upwards of 100mg a day to decrease estrogen and to have some effects. I haven't heard of it really doing much for muscle building directly.
I've seen 100mg used often by members, mostly in pct. It has been reported that you may experience heart palpations, or not.
Using DHEA to decrease E is not valid as it can raise hormone levels and which ones is not really controlled. To drop E better to use a natural (DIM and others) or go stronger with an AI or RC

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Agreed. Care to share your home-made TD formula?
EverClear and D-Limonene with a Coffee Filter is what I'd try (or PhloJel) - clean, raw DHEA powder you'd have to find. I also think Mixelflick has a recipe.

ETA: Lecithin could probably be used too?

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Agreed. Care to share your home-made TD formula?
I started w/ the Mixelflick recipe but have moved on from there. I rarely make the same batch cause I'm always changing it to try something different.

Note: this mixture can cause drying of skin which is why I change it up frequently.

In it's simplest form it's just an alcohol and DHEA powder 5 to 6 G using a spray bottle from the dollar store not a dropper
The alcohol used has been 91% Isopropyl but was rather harsh and evaporated quickly resulting in powder residue and clogging.
Latest batch has been a 50/50 mix of 70% Isopropyl Rubbing + 70% Ethyl Rubbing

I add oils to reduce the dryness - organic jojoba, and others, recently been using coconut oil which has an added benefit of smelling nice. Adding oils can make the application become tacky similar to spray sunscreen. When the mix is not right it will take time to dry but I don't mind

The dhea powder is always dissolved first or it will clump with the oil.

I've attempted other ingredients like astringents for acne to aide in opening the pores. For this approach I've also used dmso in varying amounts
Some other chemicals are not so readily available OTC so choices are limited unless you want to order on-line

Not ever used flogel

As you may have noticed it's mostly trial and error but that's how I like to experiment.

fwiw I really like IL Salvo however at my usage it's not a valid choice hence the home brew alternative.

I also alternate use with BPS SA which has a carrier that I enjoy.

phoenix4

phoenix4

Awards
Really interesting thread, i'm 41. Good info guys